Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Roma Surrectum II presents: The Roman Auxilia

Default Re: Roma Surrectum 2 presents: The Roman Auxilia

This mod gets pushed back time after time...can't you just say a release date? Like the end of march....or by the end of august....next year...in 2011....the day Rome Total War II comes out.

The waiting is unbearable and it would be very appreciated to just state and set a realistic release date, instead of saying "soon", or "when its done" (well duh...).

Pwn or be pwnd

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

We can't because if we do and fail to release it by that date people is going to get mad, and not just a little mad, I talking about seriously angry people.
    You could apply for beta testing and speed up the progress.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

How can something be pushed back if there's no release date given?

Something always gets in the way of release: adding stuff, reskinning, deciding to alter stuff or so...

and i already applied, but got no answer (tone).

Pwn or be pwnd

...and I/we already said about a week ago that we reckoned somewhere between 3 and 6 weeks.

Sorry, it's difficult keeping up with all PMs as well as full time job, family, development work, life generally, sleep, etc. Could you send another PM please?

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

No, it's ok, I've exams coming up in a few weeks. Finally we got some kind of release date, end of march.

Pwn or be pwnd

all these previews are mind boggling!! congratz to the entire team for putting an unmatched unit roster on the table.

Not trying to push but when are we seeing these unbeatable beautifull legions the team goes on about just asking.
    Roma Surrectum Fanatics. Click HERE to Join Us!!!
    Death is light as a feather, Duty heavier then a mountain

Just working on some hidden traits / scripting work at the moment to control the emergency levy armies better....more important at the moment to get the gameplay right as a priority.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

I have waited two years for RS II. And it was worth it. RS 1.5 and 1,6 blew my mind away so I can only imagine what RS II will be. So I say "Take your time and get it right. They could have released 1.6 as 2.0. But they didn't. So please guys stop asking for a release date. Its all in good time.

Now to be a complete hypocrite "Whens it coming out?" lol

Proud Republican

Taelok's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Vangelis View Post
    No, it's ok, I've exams coming up in a few weeks. Finally we got some kind of release date, end of march.
    Can we give negative rep please twcenter? Seriously, you have the nerve to come here and get angry at these folks for delaying a FREE modification? The mod will be released when they decide it is ready, not a minute before.

I suggest in the mean time you try the plethora of other great mods this site has to offer, also all free.

Only dream I ever have. Is it the surface of the Sun?
    Everytime I shut my eyes, it's always the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Taelok View Post
    Can we give negative rep please twcenter? Seriously, you have the nerve to come here and get angry at these folks for delaying a FREE modification? The mod will be released when they decide it is ready, not a minute before.

I suggest in the mean time you try the plethora of other great mods this site has to offer, also all free.
    ditto. +rep for you

Proud Republican

Faxas's Avatar Libertus

When the game company give us the dates of completion as SEGA-CA is to sell us games that are not finished and rotten with tons of bugs!

RS2 team works hard to create this mod, just to make it function properly and really fun in its version 2.0. There is no dead line, there is no commercial pressure and that's a good thing. So while we wait we must respect the time taken by the team to complete this mod:

Take your time RS2 team!

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Vangelis View Post
    This mod gets pushed back time after time...can't you just say a release date? Like the end of march....or by the end of august....next year...in 2011....the day Rome Total War II comes out.

The waiting is unbearable and it would be very appreciated to just state and set a realistic release date, instead of saying "soon", or "when its done" (well duh...).
    TBH, our team was kind of left in the dark as to what was going on with our ENTIRE trait and ancillary system. It was Calvin's baby, and when he passed away we had no one on this team who had knowledge about it, or any time in RL to work on it. We then discovered that a great deal of the system was just plain broken, unfinished, and\or missing.

We've since gotten Suppanut to help us with it, but the job is just massive. Calvin's information was on his own PC, what existed in the DEV's was theoretical and incomplete in many areas, and basically a few of us just wanted to cry. We had no idea it was so messed up.

In light of this, we are scrambling and learning. Tone has started writing traits and triggers related to rebellions and levy scripts he had already written but didn't work right because the traits weren't working. I have taken the ancillaries in hand, learned how they work, suffered thru numerous mistakes and frustrations, but hopefully, finally have a decent understanding of them. So as it stands, RS2 has a largely non-functioning trait system that is in itsy-bitsy pieces and various stages of disfunctionality. I'm frustrated by this. I know Tone is frustrated. But that's just the way it is. So on top of everything else we're trying to do, we've been forced to venture into an area where our knowledge is limited and we have to learn along the way to make it work.

I'm sorry that delays the release of RS2 a while, but PLEASE rest assured we are doing everything we can to finish it and get this system at least 'nominally' working. We can always update things after release, but there are some things that MUST work, and that's what we're trying to fix. I know some people feel like we've been dangling you along for quite some time. I thought (a month ago or so) that we were getting very close to getting this done....until our Beta testers started reporting that 'this isn't working, what is going on here, or where is the Roman Leadership system....it seems broken'. And yeah, it was...pretty badly. All I can say is, I'm no happier about it than many of you. But it is what is.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

mastaace's Avatar Ordinarius

the only ever point that counts is that you are doing it for free (said several times before) so...take your time, I (we?) will wait. noone would ever have the right to push you.

anyways, i couldn't play it either, because the delivery of my new computer is delayed as well.
    Last edited by mastaace; February 25, 2010 at 10:50 AM.

Musashi's Avatar Semisalis

Exellent reply dvk901 as always. I'm patiently waiting and hoping you guys have strength to carry on this great mod and puplish something that as always leaves future Sega releases of the game series in the shadow. MTW2 and Empire is just bull compared to this.
    Even if a thousand people believe in a lie, it's still a lie.
    Oh. If you don't understand my english then I'm sorry. I'm just bad at it. Now playing:

just know there are enough people who support you through everything. This mod is already the best in my opinion. And the next version will rock TWC world i think. Love you all for going through all this hardship guys!
    Roma Surrectum Fanatics. Click HERE to Join Us!!!
    Death is light as a feather, Duty heavier then a mountain

SimpleCourage47's Avatar Ducenarius

Everyone has waited for this mod and it will be well worth it. Release when its done and no sooner, i don't care for the wait, i got this forum to come to and discuss everything from rs 1.6 campaigns to rs2 previews to the sport and everything else in between.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming.

Valiant The Brave's Avatar Decanus

Please do not release it in 1 week then i have test week and so i get bad grades

'They thought i was stupid but i proved them' Phillip J. Fry
    Futurama, mine favorite show!

Correction, It is now My Little Pony.

Tone has started writing traits and triggers related to rebellions and levy scripts he had already written but didn't work right because the traits weren't working.
    I had a bit of a breakthrough with the traits for the levy armies last night and all is working as it should with some heavy testing for one faction. Just need to roll out the changes to the remaining factions and we get one step closer.

Basically the issue with having the levy armies controlled purely by script is that they were going to keep retriggering every time you load as scripts are unable to save counters, so they are reset to zero every time you reload your campaign. Using hidden traits is the answer.

Basically with these levy armies you will encounter a significant force any time you start taking settlements inside another faction's home territory.

Irishguy's Avatar Campidoctor
    Griftkwartier, Utrecht, Utrecht, the Netherlands

I don't give a crap when it's released anymore... I just hope It is released, and when it is, It will be awesome!
    [LED ZEPPELIN FANS] [BATAVIA TW!]
    (\_/) This is stoned bunny, The Patron Saint of stoners.
    (O.O) Copy and paste him to have him gain world domination!
    (\/ \/)