Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Hub: Yeah, it's the "Cool" Place To Be

Default The Hub: Yeah, it's the "Cool" Place To Be

All right, this is my stuff. Ususally whenever I post anywhere, it ends up that the place is full of elitists who snub their noses at everyone who they deem "not worthy" of their time. From the looks of this place, that seems to not be the case here! So I'm excited.

Anyway, I usually only do tags (aside from flyers, brochures and other stuff I do on the side) so yeah, that's what I'll be showing. I do want to improve, so any tips or advice is extremely welcome!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Thanks for stopping into "The Hub" and I look forward to staying with you guys!

The Edain's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: The Hub: Yeah, it's the "Cool" Place To Be

First off welcome to GW

Just wow! All of them are great + rep buddy
    |Windows 7 user||College Student|
    |Anime Fan||Xbox 360 Owner|Photoshop user|

Welcome mate, Awesome work!
    Ow you have to have your own name in the thread title. Double click next to the title and then you can change it.

TWC Son of the One and Only Abbews

abbews's Avatar The Screen Door Slams

Welcome to the GW! +rep

All of them look great, altough I must advice you to change the title to something that is more "you", for example " The Spains Hub" or something like that.

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    took an arrow to the knee

That is some incredibly stuff you got there Spain, very professional and slick. They are excellent.
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

Neat stuff man ! How long have you been using PS ?

Thanks a lot to everyone!

Just another thing, I used to making tutorials based on PSDs, so if anyone wants one made, just shoot me the PSD and I can see if I can do it. Obviously, it's easier if it's labeled but I can do it with unlabeled ones too.

Quote Originally Posted by abbews View Post
    All of them look great, altough I must advice you to change the title to something that is more "you", for example " The Spains Hub" or something like that.
    "The Hub" is a "That 70's Show" reference, but I might change the tag line to be more in line with my user name.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Blackadder View Post
    Neat stuff man ! How long have you been using PS ?
    I've been using it for about 3 or 4 years on and off.

Muy bonito

Your sigs are amazing! +rep

Ah, and welcome.

Thanks a lot. Finished a new one, but I'm totally not happy with it.

My execution just fell a little flat and there's too much contrast. It really ruins it, but there isn't much I can do about it this late in the game.

Regardless, I've posted my first 3 PSDs (This one, the one in my sig and my contest one) in the resource section for LR. Check it out!

Link here!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...36#post6735436

Wildrek's Avatar Senator

Man, you are great!!

abbews's Avatar The Screen Door Slams

Quote Originally Posted by Spain's Pain View Post

"The Hub" is a "That 70's Show" reference, but I might change the tag line to be more in line with my user name.

You have to mate

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    took an arrow to the knee

Why does he have to, you can see his name underneath the thread title anyway. Add's more personality this way, instead of just Spain's Hub.
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

If it's really a huge problem, I'll change it. It's not really that big of a deal.

All right, got a new one for tonight. I actually really like it, but of course, upon reviewing I already see a few problems with it. Nonetheless, here it is!

Senator

I like fourth picture! Very nice! best series!

Hoping to score points for originality or concept or something lol

Oh, and + rep to whoever get's what I'm referencing in this one.
    Last edited by Spain's Pain; February 12, 2010 at 02:47 PM.

Nice !

I like ur last submission even if there is a weird "matrix effect".
    About ur gallery there are some really nice sig but i don't approve the massive use of c4dand in some sigs the blending is not soo good for example:

Why the red c4d? it ruins the pic and composition for me

same here( uppuer left)

I don't want to be harsh beacuse there are wonderful sigs but maybe just try some new way of blending the pics reducing the c4d efffect for me..for example the smudging tecquinque...The last advice is to make the sigs more dark for me they too brightAnyway a big rep for you

I genuinely love your work -- brilliant pieces. However, every critic loves to tear the flesh from the bone, or so to speak.

As said above, I think that the c4ds' appearance is too strong in comparison to the remaining part of the signature; it also stands out to the viewer more than anything else, exactly what you don't want. You must blend the c4d layers more in order to take full advantage of the piece you're developing.

In this picture we're confronted by layers of brushes and c4ds before our eyes meet the female in the centre. Don't get me wrong, your work has massive potential, you just need to develop more in the field of blending.

Keep up the good! Have some rep.
    House of Caesers
    Under the patronage and son of Empress Meg
    Brother of the mighty Geat Carl von Döbeln

Graphics Workshop | My Graphics Gallery

Thanks for the cc guys, and I'm not gonna even try to lie, in fact, I'm going to finally admit it... C4D usage is my weakest skill. I can never get it to not look artificial, but when I blend it, it blends too well and might as well not be in the pic. It's something I've been struggling with for quite some time now.

The only way to get better though is through practice!

I've kind of hit a rut and I'm not happy with anything I do. Anyone want to give me a kind of jump start? (request, stock, render, etc.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast