Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Current breach of the Syntagma

Default Current breach of the Syntagma

Following Simetrical's lead of gaining clarification through asking questions:

Quote Originally Posted by The Syntagma
    Quaestors
    6 Quaestors are drawn from the TWC membership and will be given moderation powers within one of the two groups (ie. TW community or Common community) falling under the responsibility of the Praetor in that group.
    Quote Originally Posted by Current Staff list
    Quaestors
    * Atheist Peace
    * Justinian
    * MareNostrum
    * Necrobrit

We currently have 4 Quaestors, the Syntagma stipulate that there should be 6 Quaestors. Given the shortfall I would expect that there would be either nominations for two further quaestors in progress, or a bill to amend the Syntagma to remove or adjust this requirement.

When an amendment was proposed to allow a flexible number of quaestors it was subject to a consular veto, so the requirement for 6 quaestors is obviously important to the consuls.

As far as I'm aware neither of these are in progress, so may I ask the staff how they are going to address this issue?

i doubt they are

as the whole quaestors position is going to be disbanded, and the members being made either praetors, praetorians or prefects, there hardly seems to be any point or need for it.

the next major piece of staff legilsation is bound to be the praetors act which will aboloish the current praetors and questors and replace them with the new Curia Praetors.

is the civitates decide to have a fixed number of praetos (which i hope they don;t) then after that amendment has passed would be the time to resolve this issue.

I think tBP got it in one, we are in a transitional phase. IMO we dont need 6 because we moderated fine with 4 anyway.... Oh and the Urbanis.
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

Søren's Avatar ܁
    Patrician Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

Which Urbanii ?

As far as I can see, the only replacement needed per se the new constitution is for Sulla/Staff to choose a replacement for Ardeur. To moderate the CC.

Of course, if none of these votes pass, we will need two more Quaestor elections.

I meant we ave enough moderators with the urbanii + Quaestors. We dont need more staff... IMO
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

I am convinced that there are more Quaestor nomination coming up. I know that there is an urge to fill two more slots. I would be opposed to any less Quaestors as their combined presence is necessary for the smooth running of the day to day agenda.
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

Søren's Avatar ܁

I am sure that we at least need a replacement for Ardeur, who will be Imperially Nominated.

The other two Quaestor spots are ambiguous, but I expect that they will be filled eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Epistolary Richard
    Well, thanks for your opinion, Jacobus Maximus...

Which is based on the level of moderation I see in the site, which is good.

Maybe one TW com mod is needed which is imperial..

Søren's Avatar ܁

The replacement for Ardeur will probably moderate both areas.

Only Prefects and Consuls are supposed to be able to moderate both (global) and a curia appointed Praetor... I think.

Damn system changes so much Its hard to keep up...

Søren's Avatar ܁

In that case Ardeurs imperially nominated replacement would probably only take the CC.

CC cant have imperially appointed people.

Søren's Avatar ܁

And I quote Sulla :

Admins
    Imperator (Site admin): Sulla
    Consuls: Smack, Profler

Imperial Staff
    Praefectii Praetorio (global moderators): Archer, Carousel, JM
    Cohortes Praetoria (moderators): Arduer (Common Community + TW General Discussion), Simetrical (TW forums + CC General Discussion), Seleucos (TW forums + CC General Discussion), lt1956 (TW forums + CC General Discussion)

Curia Appointed staff
    Praetors (moderators): tBP (Common Community + TW General Discussion), Madburgermaker (Common Community + TW General Discussion), Marenostrum (Common Community + TW General Discussion).
    1 x Praetor (with global powers but will look the same - it's done via a simple usergroup overstamp. Very easy to do): chosen by the Curia.

Obviously first thing we need is an updated Syntagma
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

When the changes take place, will the newly appointed Quaestors lose their position or will they just recieve a new title?
    Under the wing of Nihil - Under my claws; Farnan, Ummon, & Ecclesiastes.

Human beings will be happier — not when they cure cancer or get to Mars or eliminate racial prejudice or flush Lake Erie — but when they find ways to inhabit primitive communities again. That’s my utopia.
    Kurt Vonnegut

They will Recieve new title.

Speaking of new titles maybe Siblesz should be Pontifex Maximus instead of just your odd Venezuelan Sentor?

Søren's Avatar ܁

My only concern is that then we would have to start handing out titles to all the Senatorii, some titles perhaps being better than others. Which seems a pointless compensation for their hard work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast