Thread: Wackiest battle ever (single battle AAR)

Boriak's Avatar Senator

Default Wackiest battle ever (single battle AAR)

I'm probably not the first one to think of this but this was so hillarious I just have to show it.

In my Bactrian campaign I began my first war against the Seleucids. I besieged their town with nothing but a general and some horse archers, hoping to draw them out with my meagre numbers and to make some holes into their ranks before pulling out. I've been simulating raiding horse parties of the East this way.

They came out with four units of Thorakitai, a unit of Light Cavarly, some Doryphoroi and a general. Their numbers were twice as mine. They came out of town, charging at my horse archers. Since I play with 2hp my arrows have produced less casualties than expected.

Then their general charged mine. As both general fought, I brought one unit of horse archers into the fight. With superior numbers, their general routed and started running toward the city. My general ran after him and as the town doors opened, both units came inside. The Seleucid general went for the town center while mine stayed at the door to keep the ownership. Then I funnelled all my horse archers through those doors, took out their general and occupied all the town doors from inside. Then I simply waited for the stopwatch to count down to 0.

Some screenshots. They're not good because I realized what I was doing only after I've taken the first town door.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

After I took all the gates the poor Seleucid buggers just stood there, hopeless. It was the cheapest victory yet.
    Last edited by Boriak; February 07, 2010 at 04:11 AM.

Civis

Default Re: Wackiest battle ever (single battle AAR)

the seleucids have gone mad!

Unknown Soldier's Avatar Ducenarius

lmao, how much of an exploit is that?

Fix the problem, not the blame!

XGM Diplomacy AAR - intelligence and voting
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...24#post3680924 :hmmm:

I don't think it's an exploit, it's fairly difficult to get all the gates before they do. I've always wanted to try something like that, I always fail because some routing unit always gets back into the square. >.<

Boriak's Avatar Senator

I probably succeeded because I didn't plan it. But yes, the general routed but the Thorakitai didn't. They were still hunting my horse archers. All I did was ride those around the spearmen and into the city.

Primicerius

The best cheap victory I had was when Carthage assaulted Capua with just a general unit in it. I ran my general around the edges of the town square for 40 mins with the entire enemy army chasing after me, including elephants.

im generally content if i can sneak a few soldiers in the gate and defeat them a second time in the city