Page 9 of 82 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast

Thread: A petition to Creative Assembly from their loyal modding community

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

Default Re: A petition to Creative Assembly from their loyal modding community

Signed Sealed and Delivered.

Straight up CA/SEGA!!
    If you ever want loyal fans to buy your games, you will need to take a serious look at the mod community. After all we we keep the life of the game going, and people will keep buying more copies in the long run. Simple economics! all other major companies do it, and you used to.

Trying to "nickel and dime" us on steam, will only infuriate us. So far I have not bought ETW, and will not buy NTW. READ THIS...WE hate STEAM!! I will only use it for VALVE only games. I NEVER purchase third party games on it!!

We also do not appreciate the $$$ scam your corporate suits are trying to pull!! Give us QUALITY on the first release, or we will no longer support you! (You might actually ask us what we want and actually follow through, you will be surprised!)

You need to understand game play and AI are the most important to the longevity of any game. If you do not want to put out higher quality work, for whatever reason, then you need to leave the game files open! For us to make the game better. Also visiting our efforts and actually putting in good words and trying out the works we make, might go a LONG way to bring this community back to life. READ THIS: Get involved with the community!

We have lost faith in you CA/SEGA!! Because of the half hearted efforts you have put into your games. Time to go back to basics..Remember Shogun, MED1 and RTW!! It is not too late?! But it will be, if you do not do 180 deg change in the way you are doing business. It's time to stand up, and face responsibility to us! and Tell SEGA we have to do it this way, or you might as well shut the doors.

VERY Sincerely!
    Xeryx
    Last edited by xeryx; February 08, 2010 at 04:42 PM.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Let my people go. Signed.

/signed
    Be on alert, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. Let all that you do be done in Love. (1 Corinthians 16:13)

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus Lucifer View Post
    Let my people go. Signed.

Damn that was some humor lol... thread was getting too serious.

I agree whole heartedly with this.
    Sign me to it
    Son of Major Darling | House of Caesars | Content Writer | My Workshop | Moderator

CA:

Keep the high quality vanilla coming, and the modding community will surely continue serving the world their finest complimentary sundaes.
    Giving tax breaks to the wealthy, is like giving free dessert coupons to the morbidly obese.

IDIOT BASTARD SON of MAVERICK

BNS's Avatar ...

Sign me on. Mods are what have kept me loyal to this franchise.

- Former member of the Chivalry TW mod team.

Pnutmaster's Avatar Dominus Qualitatium

Don't smite your helpers!

Signed whole heartily.
    Under the patronage and bound to the service of the
    artist formerly known as Squeakus Maximus
    Stoic Pantheist of S.I.N

Though I don't own E:TW and won't be getting N:TW due to CA's and Sega's purposeful glitches, I fully support the mods. Sign me up.

Our modders have talent and passion for what they do and make these games better...signed.
    There is no glory in liberty, only hard work to uphold it.

aja5191's Avatar TWC Bearcat

I'll sign this, obviously, in order to support the rest of the modders and mod teams on this site and others, but I must approach with a bit of hesitancy and skepticism.

I know that we are all doing exactly what we think is right for the community (and for CA/Sega), and I applaud MCM especially, as he has put probably years of his life into this game, both on the RTR forums, and then to TWC when we were invited over. He has been a great personal friend to me and to others in the community, and for that, I thank him.

My hesitancy is based on the fact that I just don't see CA taking us seriously. Sure, we're a dedicated community of probably 6,000 active members, and of those, maybe 4,500 play the TW games, and of those, probably 3,500 would call ourselves "dedicated" TW fans. Of those, maybe 1,000 are modders, and 600ish are in-depth modders, and probably 50 have actual in-depth experience and insight into the workings of the game. And this is without CA-provided mod tools.

To me, it seems like this market share is small enough for CA to ignore, and just keep releasing a little bit of new things, rebranded and remarketed as new games, with *hints* of what is out there and what they are capable of every now and again.

Case in point, we on the RS2 team have discovered that even some of the things that everyone loves about M2TW, all the things we thought were completely new and developed only for M2...were in RTW to begin with.

So that's my thought....but I think that in order for CA to keep us buying new versions of their games, they need to provide mod tools. Otherwise, we will just keep digging and find things in RTW and in M2TW that were supposed to only be "revealed" in Rome 2 Total War or in Shogun 2.

And they cannot afford that.

Sincerely,
    Aaron Adams.

To CA:

Every new TW game you release sells better than the previous. Of course the PR campaign supporting it plays a part here, but the truth remains that each TW game makes you more money than the previous. Well done there, SEGA will surely be happy. From a financial perspective, you are doing just fine, keep going, and ignore this post/thread.

However, if money is not all that matters, you have to admit that every game from RTW and onwards is worse than the previous in terms of quality. And the degree of worse-ness increases with every iteration. RTW wasn't bad. Less immersive than MTW and worse AI, but moddable and a true revolution. M2TW was slightly worse than RTW, though with some interesting new features, the AI got even worse overall, moddability was more limited, immersion decreased and the bugs also got worse. ETW... Well, ETW was -and still is- a mess. I am surprised there are people still playing it tbh. It's a game completely unimmersive, buggy as hell, hardware-demanding to the extreme, that has an AI incapable of defeating a vegetable in comma both in campaign and in battle, that forces Steam down its users throats, that takes 3 hours to install from the boxed version and the list goes on and on. And on top of all that, the game that was supposed to be the most moddable game of all time was actually less moddable than MTW!

My point being: When the series began, we couldn't mod the game, but vanilla was good and thoroughly enjoyable. The game, out of the box, was immersive, challenging, mostly bug-free, it was a game that we would urge to our friends to get.
    As the series progressed, vanilla quality dropped a bit, but moddability increased a good deal. The game was still enjoyable, though not as immersive or challenging as before, but we could create tens of new 'games' on it with the mods, which extended its life by years, and we would still urge our friends to buy it, because they "had to try mod X".
    Now, with the new release(s), both game quality and moddability has dropped to 0. I know there are reasons for both: Regarding quality, the average joe likes him strategy game "epic", flashy, shallow and unchallenging and you have to take care of those joes that make up the largest part of your customer base. Regarding moddability, well that's a no-brainer., DLC = 10 units for $5, while mods = 300 units/new map/new factions/new gameplay for $0. Understood, it's business, companies exist to make money for their shareholders. However, all that said, nobody now will urge a friend to try out ETW (nor NTW, actually).

So, my 'plea' is twofold, and you can take your pick.

a) Please take one (or more) step back to where you came from. Realise why you became the big company you are now and how you managed to build that loyal fanbase, which you are about to lose. TW used to be about strategy, tactics, gameplay, choices, immersion. Could we please get that back? If the average joe doesn't like being challenged, make the more deep-thinking stuff optional and/or difficulty-based. If you can add shiny graphics, cool animations and new features too, we won't complain, but if it's only one of the two, we'll take the gameplay.

b) Please find a way to combine your DLC policy with moddability. Other companies have done it and not lost. We, the financially unimportant hardcore part of your fanbase would very much appreciate the opportunity to change the game into what we'd like it to be. Since we are such a small part of the customer-base compared to the casual gamers, according to whose standards the game is designed, then allowing us to mod the game would only lose you little money, as the casual gamer doesn't play mods and will still get your DLC.

Signed,
    loyal fan and modder soon to be lost

PS: I expect at least one CA dev to know how much I care for the TW series and that I'm not just ranting for nothing. Cheers.

MCM's Avatar Saint of lost causes

Well said Aradan.

Excellent Aradan! Very well said.
    Son of Major Darling | House of Caesars | Content Writer | My Workshop | Moderator

74,000 registered twc ids. Maybe 33% of registered users regular visitors and about 3 guests for each regular user - that's about 74,000 folks. Yeah it's a crap shoot estimate... But there were almost 1500 people on TWC when I checked this afternoon. This doesn't include the other sites like TW -- and if each of these 74,000 knows 2 or three other Total War/Computer game players - that's a potential 250,000 licenses. That my friends is no small number. Any company, no matter what they do would be overjoyed to have 1500 active users on their forum in any given moment. They'd not ignore these kind of numbers - even they were a Fortune 100. There's a real voice here that is difficult to ignore.

Signed.

Well said, MCM & Aradan!

Support

I Signed all. Once a company gets so big, sometimes you have to cut them off at the knees to bring back to size... CA you forget we the consumer made you. Not the other way around... Returne to your roots or be lost forever...

Signed - Fan and RTW Mod Leader - Megas Alexandros.
    RIP Calvin, you won't be forgotten.

warluster's Avatar Miles

Signed.

I've bought all of the Total War games for the mods. I can hardly imagine playing R:TW for anything more then several months if not for the amazing range; from amzing in-depth realsim mods to medieval mods and even several mods for the musket eras. Without these stunning mods, I would not be playing Rome, like I still do today, and defintly would not have bought ETW.

Bravo to the E:TW modding community for doing what its done for E:TW so far.

With the lack of support and no modding tools, I feel the jobs the modders have done is like a painter working with no brush, but still making a beautiful painting.