Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 32577273747576777879808182
Results 1,621 to 1,629 of 1629

Thread: A petition to Creative Assembly from their loyal modding community

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

Default Re: A petition to Creative Assembly from their loyal modding community

Yes, but lets be honest if they did realease it, half this fourms modders would buy it "just in case" they needed it!
    What modders? You mean those who jump to the next TW game as soon as it is released and leave their old mods dying? Those who are perfectly happy as long as they can release their "realism mods" and swap hats from unit to unit?

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    I'm not sure what are the benefits form DLC. Suppose CA made DLC (with good enough content) regularly for NTW. Like they did the Peninsula, suppose they made a Russia 1812 campaign, or a new hundred days campaign, etc.
    Would these DLC sell the same as Peninsula?
    At this point? None I think, other than mod tools for us, I mean I really hope they do SOMETHING for waterloo 200, as I am disgusted with the world in general that no one seems to care, but they never shall.

Still the gameplay should increase.
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

Quote Originally Posted by Primergy View Post
    What modders? You mean those who jump to the next TW game as soon as it is released and leave their old mods dying? Those who are perfectly happy as long as they can release their "realism mods" and swap hats from unit to unit?
    Now, now! You are being so very ungenerous to some of our modders! There are many who would prove you wrong! But I do see your point, still I think if we could get a map editor for nappy then we would see some re-emergance, there is allot of interest in the general period, in which most of the fighting was outside europe, 1760-1902.

But perhaps I was a little optimistic as well.
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire -WONDERBOLT! View Post
    At this point? None I think, other than mod tools for us, I mean I really hope they do SOMETHING for waterloo 200, as I am disgusted with the world in general that no one seems to care, but they never shall.
    Still the gameplay should increase.
    I'm not saying now, I'm saying that if CA kept making a new DLC every 3 months for a game, it may sell well.
    Look at Paradox: they make regular expansion to EU4 or CKII.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    I'm not saying now, I'm saying that if CA kept making a new DLC every 3 months for a game, it may sell well.
    Look at Paradox: they make regular expansion to EU4 or CKII.
    That's a good point, given our chaps work, I guess CA could manage bi-monthly if not monthly small releases.

If only they made an engine good enough to support an entire history, start with the romans, then expand it into the dark agges the next year, then medevil, all the way to wwI in a single campagin, That would be insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Primergy View Post
    Unfortunately I have to agree. The majority of modders everywhere, not just CA games, are 12-16 year old enthusiasts which have the passion to make things, but not the time or the focus to do so (I know because I mod since I was 12... glorious Half-Life times!). So it is perfectly normal that the companies would move on and care very little. Would have been immensely easy if it were just TGAs and TXTs like in Paradox games, but here... I am pretty sure not even CA employees know very well their own engine structure! So I doubt they would add any other tool, surely not for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire -WONDERBOLT! View Post
    I mean I really hope they do SOMETHING for waterloo 200, as I am disgusted with the world in general that no one seems to care, but they never shall.
    First, there is Scourge of War: Waterloo released in June for the event, and I am sure it will be the most accurate and great Napoleonic period game from a corps-brigade level. Second... well "the world" may not care because it was a battle that some may retain won from the wrong side. Others may retain that the event itself is a blatant excuse for british glory worshipping (unjustly so, since the prussians dealt the only decisive blow). But well, 28.000 participants seem a fair amount of people to consider for the wannabe redcoats proud that french people were enslaved again under a Bourbon monarch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirlion View Post
    Unfortunately I have to agree. The majority of modders everywhere, not just CA games, are 12-16 year old enthusiasts which have the passion to make things, but not the time or the focus to do so (I know because I mod since I was 12... glorious Half-Life times!). So it is perfectly normal that the companies would move on and care very little. Would have been immensely easy if it were just TGAs and TXTs like in Paradox games, but here... I am pretty sure not even CA employees know very well their own engine structure! So I doubt they would add any other tool, surely not for free.

First, there is Scourge of War: Waterloo released in June for the event, and I am sure it will be the most accurate and great Napoleonic period game from a corps-brigade level. Second... well "the world" may not care because it was a battle that some may retain won from the wrong side. Others may retain that the event itself is a blatant excuse for british glory worshipping (unjustly so, since the prussians dealt the only decisive blow). But well, 28.000 participants seem a fair amount of people to consider for the wannabe redcoats proud that french people were enslaved again under a Bourbon monarch.
    I Am very happy to hear that!

We are in agreement, mostly, for once sir.

Waterloo was, and I will maintain, a joint effort, it was a British Victory at Waterloo, made possible by only two things, Grouchy's failure to chase away Blucher, and the resulting Battle of La Belle Alliance, Waterloo was only half the fight that day, although a seperate battle from the british point of view and very much the anvil for the Prussian Hammer,who did indeed inflict the killing blow! Just as in WWII we were the anvil for the American Tongs and Russian hammer, yes?

I Love the Duke of Wellington, his tactics, his devil may care attitude, and his resolute lack of compassion, how he managed to polarise a nation into thinking the Prussians arrived so late they did nothing, which I was very grateful to learn was untrue! They say that Hannibal knew how to attain a victory, but not how to use it, and the D of W used a victory, that wasn't even his!

Britain, is a lion, I have said this before, but most people don't understand Lions don't really do squat, the lionessess do all the work while the lion takes all the credit!

Waterloo is important, not because it lead to the fall of the "mosntre" of europe, but because it was the end of the career of the greatest general and statesmen, not of his time, but of the enitre era, where ceaser dominates the ancients, and charlimange the dark ages, the duke of normandy the midde ages, Napoleon Bonaparte, the Emperor, is the greatest fellow of the age, he civilized France Beyond that of Britain. The french were, and continued to be under Napoleon III the most civilized nation on the earth, Britain is backwards, it may have had the Biggest and greatest empire, been the most powerful force on the globe, but other than on the battlefield, it was so very outdated, lezzie-fair in france was an important step, why? Because the rich and ruling classes duty to those less fortunate was being considered at all!

Napoleon, many consider to be a failure, they are wrong, it is true, completely true, that in the end, he failled, but the fact he had any success at all, is testament to his brilliance! To the love and loyalty of his people, he rose from nothing, pulled france from the brink of collapse under a committee of fools and tratiors to the revolution, created a modern govenment, a great government, and made it Imperial, he managed to take imperialism to the empires of Austria, of Spain, and even into Russia, he made empires into colonies, of france, and the full army sent to caputre or kill him and his little brigade, joined him, their emperor.

His only mistake, was to underestimate Britain, Britain is not the greatest team in the world, but she is very resilient, she is a castle, with a moat, and a strong defense, and she is very cleaver, (cos scotland,) she has not attained this postion nor an empire through mesure de force, but by the backdoor, by underhand dealings, by cleaver ruses, and subtle use of force.

Had Napoleon taken Britain, or somehow otherwise cured the spanish ulcer, I believe we would have been living in a world better than the one we live in today, and I know when all the countries we see today are gone, he will remain, and be remembered as ceazar, a man ahead of his time, a hero, a liberator, a reformer, a champion of the people, who was cruelly murdered, before his work was done.

Louis the XVI was not evil, but his sucessor may have been, due to what happened to him, Louis the gouty, was odious, and undeserving, he was installed because it was in the interests, not of France, but of every other european nation, napoleon didn't fail because he was weak, he failed because he was strong, because his strength and that he gave to france, caused all other to fear and cower, and lash out.

I am proud of my country sirloin, but I AM aware of its failings, that is now second rate at best, and where it was less deserving, even if it was more able, to become the dormant power in Europe.

I wish I had the funds to attend the event, the conflict I feel over the fall of the french empire, is one I find most enjoyable, the French deserved to win, but my contry did, (although not through it's own effort), and it is sublime to think of it, i should have been happy if france had won the battle, she deserved too, in many ways, I wish she had, and if I was participating, it would be in French Blue, not British Red.

Not sirloin... please... I dont get digested so easily!

Well now look at that, there's still some sense in your country. I will attend the event, the good thing about such reenachtments is that every year there's an Austerlitz to balance the situation

In any case, Scourge of War Waterloo may be the most moddable thing Napoleonic yet, so check it out in a couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirlion View Post
    Not sirloin... please... I dont get digested so easily!

Well now look at that, there's still some sense in your country. I will attend the event, the good thing about such reenachtments is that every year there's an Austerlitz to balance the situation

In any case, Scourge of War Waterloo may be the most moddable thing Napoleonic yet, so check it out in a couple of months.
    Opps! Sorry old boy! I did make a blunder there!

There are a few sensible people, the thing about being Trans or any of the LBGQT crowd is you can't take liberity for granted, and we did come up that idea in the first place, even if we didn't make much use of it!

I wish it was only one every 25 years, start with tulon (Sp.) end with Waterloo and Belle Alliance, rather than every year, following the campaign trail as it were, I feel if they were less often the events would be better and bigger, but I'm young enough still to make it for all the 250th anniversaries! So long as I'm not senile.

I shall, I'm not going to joke, Modding anything other than Rome is making my head spin at the moment, partly because it's all new to me, and partly because I'm so drugged up on anti-depressants I'm "tripping ballz".

Anyway, give a re-enactor in a red coat a red nose for me! XD
    Last edited by Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!; April 03, 2015 at 02:45 PM.