Page 5 of 82 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast

Thread: A petition to Creative Assembly from their loyal modding community

Default Re: A petition to Creative Assembly from their loyal modding community

Supported and signed. Hopefully with the rewrite of their base code for NTW , they'll have the time and resources to put out some sort of mod tools. This statement emphatically clarifies our customer situation. I hope CA chews seriously on this issue.

*edit* You live in Japan? I live in Japan too! Where do you live? (just outside Yokohama here, Negishi to be precise)
    Last edited by deeptrance83; February 08, 2010 at 02:52 AM.

I'm pessimistic but I am signing this too. The steps backwards in modding is a reason why I am not going to buy NTW for now, when since Rome I've pretty much bought every Total war game (Except Alexander ) as soon as it comes out. I would be happier with "Less steps forward and no steps back", then "less steps forward and more steps back", which is what ETW and I am worried NTW is shaping up to represent. The inability to edit or create new campaign maps is the most dramatic example of a step back I can think of, as was the difficulty of modders to be able to create new models (Even now it's rather difficult).

Until it's clear for me that NTW are friendlier to modding and that any future Total War Products are, I think it will be challenging to convince myself to purchase them.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Thanks MCM for the PM. So we shall sign here with a post?

Sure thing. Signed.
    DaVinci
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Stildawn's Avatar The Legislator of 'Lol'

Totally support....

Signed
    Stildawn

Thanks for the kinds words MCM, I think your reply was even more spot on and insightful than your petition. Though I can't imagine this isn't known at CA by now on some level. I think there's a serious disconnect between them and their fan base unfortunately. For what reasons... well we can only assume.

However, what is a game without fans? I have to question the reasoning behind the development of TW games, we so often hear what isn't feasible and what isn't marketable, but if the purpose is to sell to those who will play out a few battles or run through a campaign or two before shelving it for the next latest and greatest title then it should be clear where the intent is.

I believe as with the rest of you that the Total War communities (Not simply the official forum or the Org or TWC, but all combined have displayed lasting interest and should be considerable drivers of long term revenue. It may or may not compare to a big flashy release of a fresh title, but what is the focus? Fun? Fame? Sales? I hope it's for fun but I'm not so sure.

MCM has pinned it down the community is really the best free resource CA has. It's astonishing we're discussing this still after 10 years.

I'm in this petition because I was invited, I choose not to purchase empire after previously purchasing every other title (minus Alexander) over the years, in fact I've bought multiple as Christmas gifts for friends. Those very people who tried out the game and have since moved on. While the rest of us continue it's promotion out of our love for strategy and historical eras.

I would also be happy with:

"Less steps forward and no steps back", then "less steps forward and more steps back"
    But this too I can recall being said back in 2004. What can I say Kingdoms was my last Total War game. CA, please do surprise me for Total War VI if not though I have already moved on.

Very well written, nice job! Hope this gets to the eyes and ears of Creative Assembly as it has mine.

GrnEyedDvl's Avatar Liberalism is a Socially Transmitted Disease
    Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Warrior View Post
    I have never heard of you, Marcus Cornelius Marcellus,
    MCM was one of the core members of the RTR team, and also a former Hex member on this site. CA is well aware of who he is as well.

Thread stuck.

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

Eloquent, intelligent, and level-headed.

Well done, MCM.

Signed.

Biarchus

Signed!

I love this series so much and still play all of the games (well, OK, Med 1 was a little boring). More importantly I buy them again if I loose the disks, buy them as presents for friends and co-workers (you should see the faces of 14 year old Japanese kids light up when they get to be Kenshin or Nobanaga and send out their hordes to fight!) and the reason I keep coming back and keep buying games is the mods that are available.

I played vanilla Rome TW for about 80 hours and gave up in disgust. There were just too many glaring inaccuracies to keep me interested. Enter Extended Greek Modified, downloaded at TWC. This was the first mod I ever played for any PC game. It was like chalk and cheese, a totally different experience.

While I can't mod myself, the strength of the modding community and the existing mods available has a very big impact on the games I buy.
    In the last year I spent about $400 on PC games, and the one I've enjoyed the most was the Battlefield 1942 series. It was cheap and has a huge online and modding community. The huge toolkit that DICE included no doubt helps keep that community active.

Any support that CA could provide to the modders would be greatly appreciated.
    "I'll tell you what rule sir....we applied Rule 303. We caught them and we shot them under RULE THREE OH THREE!"

"Shoot straight you bastards, don't make a mess of it!"

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Signed....

I will not be purchasing NTW. Once I experienced the "step back" of Empire I decided I would stick with the ME2 engine and will not move forward unless CA stands up for the modding community.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

Fenix_120's Avatar Senator

Signed.

I will not buy a game that I cannot play.

If I cannot install or create mods then I'm not really playing a game I am merely being entertained for a few hours and then getting pissed that I waisted my money.

People who are pissed about spending cash as a general rule do not come back for seconds.

I will not be buying NTW, 90% of the features that NTW adds to the game ether A: Should have been in ETW to begin with or B: Was in a earlier TW game and then removed, like all the units having a uniqe skin like in MTW2, All my Brittish red coats have the same dumb face as all the French grey coats they just routed.

And if I might be so bold as to remind people about the "Steam" issue.

Darth_Revan's Avatar Primicerius

Signed. Well written letter friend. I will not be purchasing NTW either.

The CA is not a powerhouse of infinite proportions like the Federal Government or a top 500 corporation. They have to tactifully plan how they will spend their time. And time is money. As stated, they can either make mod tools or polish the game. My hope rests in them tweaking the game up to a couple of patches and then laying a couple of their programers on the issue of generating a base for the mod tools to give us. I believe this will be a major long term investment for their franchise. Which will out weight the initial cost of development with an almost endless free advertisment possibility.

Signed

Signed for what it's worth.

Having spent quite a lot of time in the TA:TW forum I can say with certainty that a good number of people bought M2/Kingdoms just so they could play that mod and some of them were even new arrivals to the TW franchise. Can you read between the lines and see the words "potential new customer"?

And this is true for quite a few other high profile mods. There's thousands of people on youtube watching mod trailers or gameplay vids and asking "what game is this?".

So you know...ka-ching!

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

As a TWC modder who has worked on four mods so far, this gets my wholehearted support.

Signed,

Zenith Darksea

Here Here!, Signed ~ Marshal Beale
    Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

Yoda Twin's Avatar Vicarius

Here, Here! Signed - Yoda Twin
    Minister for Home Affairs of the Commonwealth v Zentai [2012] HCA 28 per Heydon J at [75]

Analysis should not be diverted by reflections upon the zeal with which the victors at the end of the Second World War punished the defeated for war crimes. The victors were animated by the ideals of the Atlantic Charter and of the United Nations. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights was about to peep over the eastern horizon. But first, they wanted a little hanging.

Subuatai de Bodemloze's Avatar No rest for the wicked
    50 degrees, 26.2 minutes North, 119 degrees, 12.4 minutes West

Chisel my name into the Marble as well.

♔Oggie♔'s Avatar Senator

I aprove this message

Signed Oggie