Page 26 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132333435365176 ... LastLast

Thread: A petition to Creative Assembly from their loyal modding community

Default Re: A petition to Creative Assembly from their loyal modding community

Signed but will they listen?

My names down but are their ears open? Let's hope.

sorry but will spain be a playable faction or sweden or portugal? i mean SPAIN was very important in this conflict...first as allied to france and after as one of the main problems of napoleon, the war of guerrillas that prove that a napoleonic army could be beaten. Bailen 19th of july 1808

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Farnesio View Post
    sorry but will spain be a playable faction or sweden or portugal? i mean SPAIN was very important in this conflict...first as allied to france and after as one of the main problems of napoleon, the war of guerrillas that prove that a napoleonic army could be beaten. Bailen 19th of july 1808
    Get the heck out'a her, good sir. This is a petition, not a mere quesion-site. Try another topic Good luck, old chum!
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

Just registered on this site, even though I'm a regular lurker I just wanted to add my support and signature. For me at least, Empire would be totally unplayable without DMUC, and I wish to thank anyone who gives up their spare time just so my spare time will be more enjoyable!

signed good luck

Munster_King's Avatar Laetus

Here’s hoping that they listen
    Signed
    Munster King

Signed. The CA better listen for without us, then where would these games be? The modding community is what keeps the games alive, thorough new manifestations that make them more enjoyable.
    And even if they only care about money, they should see that people would bouy their games to play the mods as well as the game

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

May I sign twice?

Coming from someone who extensively modded RTW and M2TW and never touched ETW modding I think that speaks volumes of the way the inaccessability of ETW has spurned people away from modding TW games. While some of the issues are clearly things like licensed graphics engines that they cannot release tools for, opening up the rest of the game shouldn't be an issue. Definitely signed.

Lets hope for the best
    Signed

Parzival2211's Avatar Ducenarius

You have my support. Signed.

Most definitely /signed!

Chernish's Avatar Decanus

I Support the petition

Signed, very doubtful they will care. But it would certainly be nice, maybe if we said we'd pay a few extra for real modding tools?

signed!

Quote Originally Posted by Alco View Post
    Signed, very doubtful they will care. But it would certainly be nice, maybe if we said we'd pay a few extra for real modding tools?
    Are you serious????Ive already spend enough money on that dead frenchize and you want me to spend money so they fullfill there promises? Besides that we are talking about a video game...?
    Heck...spare me dude!

Signed

look here
    http://news.softpedia.com/news/Modde...r-135035.shtml

Modders Are Demanding More Tools for Napoleon: Total War

A petition is launched

By Andrei Dumitrescu, Games Editor
    February 15th, 2010, 21:45 GMT
    Adjust text size:

One of the big draws for the Total War series has always been the fact that those players interested in more historical details or in more complex gameplay mechanics could get something more than the normal release of Rome, Medieval or Empire by turning to mods. Some of them, like Europa Barbarorum, Rome Total Realism for Rome or Deus Lo Vult and Third Age for the Kingdoms expansion for Medieval II, are so complex and change the structure of the initial release so much that they can be called completely new gaming experiences.

And now, one of the biggest communities linked to the Total War series hosted on the TWCenter website, is aiming to attract attention to the fact that Napoleon: Total War, the game SEGA and The Creative Assembly are aiming to release in late February, is severely limiting the modding possibilities by not putting out any tools or documentation that could help fans change the game to better suit their needs.

Marcus Cornelius Marcellus, once the leader of the Rome Total Realism project, writes that “As I sit down to play, I cannot stop myself from thinking… 'what if we could…' Perhaps I am incorrigible, perhaps I have some sickness which needs to be addressed, which is brought about by playing your wonderful games. But indeed, I am not alone, for there are rank upon rank of individuals such as I across the globe who sit and wonder the very same thing.”

He shows that support for modding has extended the shelf life for titles like Rome: Total War and Medieval, and that players have moved from an older Total War release to a newer one in order to get to play those mods that have captured their imagination.

It actually makes sense for The Creative Assembly and SEGA to offer as many modding options as possible, as the innovation of the crowd of gamers interested in mods can offer the companies themselves new ideas for the series. All those interested in learning more can log into TWC and read the petition.

Indefinitely Banned

Good find matey, the word spreads.