Thread: Question about Necromancy

Icon9 Question about Necromancy

Hi guys, I've gotta say this mod has definitely saving me from university boredom, but
    it's driving me crazy that I can't figure out how necromancy works for the vampire counts.
    Any enlightenment would be great as I think searching the mod files would get me no
    where and I can't really seem to find anything on the forums about it.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default Re: Question about Necromancy

First off, Welcome to the TWC! If you have any questions, just ask

Secondly, do you mean in lore or in the game

In the game, I think they get most of their casualties regained.

In lore, I'm not sure.

Valiant Champion's Avatar Praepositus

The bones do not require tendon and meat to move. Even in zombies. The powerful winds of magic are manipulated to the effect that the skeletons are merely frames to which the magical forces can join together, push or pull to create movement. Perhaps their magic works more easily by reanimating the dead to use a sword than to support the sword in mid air by itself.

Maybe just maybe the energies needed must be grounded through underlying rock and electromagnetic fields. Sylvania may be a region strong in sedimentary limestone which channels spirit energy. As long as the sword is in contact with an animatron which is in contact with ground the system works. If the animitron is seperated from the ground it loses contact and collapses.

Than one can argue that why go through all the trouble to animate the dead when you could animate sticks, funny shaped rocks or tree branches and assemble animatrons with those. I assume this is not practical as it would take more manipulation of magic to piece the segments and size them properly when the graveyards and tombs are already stocked with perfectly fitting parts.

BETTER PIKES
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...2#post16143112

THE PIKE WARS HAVE BEGUN!

Thanks to both of you. You've thought a lot more into the topic than I would have ever gotten to VC heh.

If it's just causality regaining I must be the worst Count ever. Lack of money destroys any hopes of
    repelling Taberland when it invades

Yes I also find Sylvania to be veeery tough economically.. The upkeep feels pretty insane at the start of the game which basically forces you to just sacrifice your units. It's a bit weird that piles of boens and walking dead would require much upkeep at all. Oh well!

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

Yup, Sylvania like colour red, same as your finances, they are always red
    Maybe the king's purse should be increased at least with 5000 gold or upkeep of units lowered. Yup skeletons should not require much upkeep IMO. And vampire units are really very expensive (900 or 1000 upkeep ouch!)
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

I soluce the Sylvania problem by put upkeep to 0 to all undead (deads don't need train...) troop except Vampire, now the finance are balanced

Call of Warhammer : Total War

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

Very nice idea, my friend, could you upload your modified EDU for a poor vampire count like me ?
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

How Necromancy work?
    1Then you taking city some population slautered in exchange few skeleton units.
    2. In open field you can summon skeletons (like mercs in vanila)
    3. they get most of their casualties regained.
    CoW (Rage of the Dark Gods)team
    From Russia with love.

Blackomur89's Avatar Campidoctor

Question answered:

2D artist for Call of Warhammer TW; 2D artist for Westeros TW; 2D artist and researcher for The Ruins of Arnor TATW sub-mod; 2D artist for Warcraft TW.