Thread: Should I upgrade?

Default Should I upgrade?

Hey guys. Wanted to ask you guys think i should upgrade my computer my specs are

Mobo: Asus M2N-E SLI (cant find exact model number dunno if this is it but this is what i see when i open up the computer)
    CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+
    Ram: 2x2gig Muskin EM2-6400
    Vid: ATI HD 2900 Pro
    Power Supply: Antec NeoPower 650W Blue
    Storage: 2x500gig Western Digital 7200 rpm
    Operating System: XP Pro

i custom made this rig about 2-3 years back
    The thing is i can play E:TW but sometimes it take a long time to load from the campaign map to the Battle map. And N:TW looks a bit crisper in graphics im pretty sure i'll be able to run N:TW but do you guys think i should upgrade some small stuff so i can up the quality some more?

Decanus

Default Re: should i upgade???

I would replace ATI with Nvidia graphics card because some of the graphical options can't be enabled simultaniously with ATI card.

the graphical options in the game? and what card do u recommend?

No, that isn't a banana

Quote Originally Posted by KozyEmilio View Post
    Hey guys. Wanted to ask you guys think i should upgrade my computer my specs are

Mobo: Asus M2N-E SLI (cant find exact model number dunno if this is it but this is what i see when i open up the computer)
    CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+
    Ram: 2x2gig Muskin EM2-6400
    Vid: ATI HD 2900 Pro
    Power Supply: Antec NeoPower 650W Blue
    Storage: 2x500gig Western Digital 7200 rpm
    Operating System: XP Pro

i custom made this rig about 2-3 years back
    The thing is i can play E:TW but sometimes it take a long time to load from the campaign map to the Battle map. And N:TW looks a bit crisper in graphics im pretty sure i'll be able to run N:TW but do you guys think i should upgrade some small stuff so i can up the quality some more?

Definitely time to upgrade...

At the very least, get a new GPU.

Otherwise, look into a new Mobo, CPU, and GPU.

Yeah, you're about due for an upgrade anyway.

Definitely switch to an Nvidia card and up the RAM.

sorry double post
    Last edited by KozyEmilio; February 05, 2010 at 01:52 PM.

what nvidia cards do you recommend and for OTZ what mobo and CPU do you recommend ram is pretty easy to find which to get.

brynje's Avatar Civis

what nvidia cards do you recommend and for OTZ what mobo and CPU do you recommend ram is pretty easy to find which to get.

Geforce GTX 285

Marku's Avatar Domesticus

i bought a sapphire radeon HD 5770 1gb g-card(might crossfire it this year) to replace my BFG geforce 8800 gts 640mb. hopefully ill get a boost to ETW/NTW

(intel core 2 duo e6600 3.0ghz, 4gb ram 800mhz, win 7 64 bit atm, may go back to xp 64 bit)

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"

I have a core2 duo with a 7300 GS guys, feel happy for whatever comp you have

BTW empire runs fine ultra unit size 1v1 and 2v2 on low specs so my comp must be awesome or the game is less graphically demanding than it is made out to be

Except on swedish forest

Thoragoros's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by ccqwert7 View Post
    I have a core2 duo with a 7300 GS guys, feel happy for whatever comp you have

BTW empire runs fine ultra unit size 1v1 and 2v2 on low specs so my comp must be awesome or the game is less graphically demanding than it is made out to be

Except on swedish forest
    I agree.

I have a Nvidia 250 at 1gig, which is supposedly the middle range of gaming cards, and I too run this game just fine with pretty much everything maxed.

So I really don't get how everyone says this is so demanding. It is not.

Which gives me hope for NTW!
    Founder of The Great War - A WWI Mod, Creator of Thorized - Napoleon: Total Combat

Where Gods Walk Among Men
    The Line of Thor
    Patron of: Bethencourt, Hip63, m_1512

Under the Patronage of Captain Blackadder, Member of the Legion of Rahl.

No, that isn't a banana

Do you have a budget?

The ATI 5770 that was mentioned earlier would probably be a decent fit in your current system (or even the previous generation's 4850 or 4870). It might be a bit of a bottleneck for your specs, but at least you won't have to blow a lot on a new mobo and CPU.

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

Default Re: Should I upgrade?

Take a look at this thread it should clear somethings for you, take a special look at the table with the graphics cards

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=316586

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes

It's odd that people are recommending NVidea when ATI has the better performing cards at the moment... Then again, it's just a reflection of the market as Nvidea has gained market share since the new ATI 5000 series has been out (market share in desktops, lost market share in laptops).

Thoragoros's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Socrates1 View Post
    It's odd that people are recommending NVidea when ATI has the better performing cards at the moment... Then again, it's just a reflection of the market as Nvidea has gained market share since the new ATI 5000 series has been out (market share in desktops, lost market share in laptops).
    I recently got a Nvidia card, which is a switch from my old ATI card. I must say, although I am very happy with my Nvidia card, it runs much louder than my older ATI card.
    Founder of The Great War - A WWI Mod, Creator of Thorized - Napoleon: Total Combat

Where Gods Walk Among Men
    The Line of Thor
    Patron of: Bethencourt, Hip63, m_1512

Under the Patronage of Captain Blackadder, Member of the Legion of Rahl.

brynje's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Socrates1 View Post
    Thats what I thought too 0_o I just ordered the ATI 5870 HD... hope it will be good