Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Fixing Thread

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: The Fixing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    For irish:

building times versus mission time - see descr_mission from line 929 onward, example:

Code:
     mission papal_build_church city_small_church
    {
        POPE_MISSION
        image_path_issued    pope_mission
        image_path_expired    pope_disapproval
        image_path_success    pope_approval
        image_path_failed    pope_disapproval
        duration 5
        exclude_duration 25
        score_modifier 1.0
        turn_start        3
        paybacks
        {
            papal_standing -0.1    payback_id pope_mod_penalty_only
                    payback_id pope_min_penalty_only
        }

min_treasury  1000                ; lower bound on current treasury for issue of this mission
        buildings { small_church }    ; target building levels for mission
    }
    You have to go through the file for the 'duration' entry and check if it has to do with building times. Then compare with EDB building times. Guess if you add 3 to the EDB entry it should be fine.
    Sorry, I am a bit hard up for time right now.
    You're right. I have not touched the missions.txt.

As playing the Byzantines I got a CTD on Egypts turn and here's the log:
    13:24:24.691 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/Regionmod_Kings/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 14975, column 46
    trigger not found
    13:59:39.535 [system.rpt] [error] Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal.

Edit: oh and I'm playing version 3.80.14

This is one error that actually works.

Can you replay your last save and go on? I get these random ones every so often. If it happens in the same place, again, please attatch the log.

Hmm, I started from my last save as you asked me too and it passed from 1095-1096 without issue this time, I guess it was just random like you said. Thank you for your prompt response

No problem. You get a random one that is no longer random, please post the log for us.

REDrake's Avatar Decanus

Random crashes are the dreaded flaw of all TW games. I hear Shogun 2 also has them. Perhaps the only TW game which was barely clean of those is RTW (but only just barely).

RTW, when first released, was full of them. I had it about two days after it was in the store.

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Hi

I installed this mod about a week ago and i played a few turns with some factions i was interested in (Turks, Armenia and Georgia) and i wanted to report some things and give my feedback and suggestions. I have version RegProv_Kings+3.80.15+Full

Spoiler for Problems

The main "problem" i found is about some silver-grey units with no colors. I can give some screenshots if needed. Specifically, these units that i found until now are: the general's bodyguard in levant rebel settlements. i am sure only about antioch, aleppo, tripoli, damascus. also archer militia in tripoli IIRC. these i found during armenia campaign. other silver units i found in custom battle (all eras and i tried most units but siege units and canons) and i guess that it is the same in a campaign. mostly are from georgia: levy spearmen, mongol infantry, dismounted dvor, turkomans, turkish horse archers, turkish javelinmen, and from armenia general bodyguard bizantine stile ( i repeat this is from custom battle georgia vs armenia, i'm not sure i can even train some of these units in a campaign)

Can i fix this by myself or do i have to wait for next parch?

Next i will show a screen that should talk by itself
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Attachment 181594
    How come it says i have -9 soldiers left. after this i still remained with about 50 soldiers and i didn't have any problem or crash. i lost this battle because i didn't expect the garisson to sally out and i had only cheap infantry.

One last thing is that some settlements at the campaign start have no garisson or it is 1-2 tiles (or how are they called) away: Tangiers, Oran, Ragusa, Nicaea.

Spoiler for Feedback&suggestions

This mod is simply just great! This mod has a lot more than it's name says. All these new factions, especially Sweden which i never seen instead of Norway, the map, and if i am correct about this, i like that now you need shipwright to have first trade fleet (but this way it seems that castles can't have not even 1 trade fleet which i'm not sure it's ok) and as if all these weren't enough, when i was playing as turks, Amastra rebelled from bizantines and defected to my faction. i've never seen such a thing so i think it's from this mod. i hope i'm not wrong.

About future versions if i were to expect something "big", i'd hope for either eliminating americas, either replacing some vanilla units and/or adding new ones. i prefer the second instead of first. or how about making the aztecs into another faction (like lithuania maybe) and put just rebels in americas. but i would still prefer more units.

Also, there are some things i don't understand, mostly about the unit roster of georgia and maybe other factions. from what i saw in the building list, at city baracks and maybe other buildings, by upgrading it some units disapear, and a few even come back next level, but they are weak units anyway. more strange is that georgia has at castle baracks Mongol infantry?? they should be renamed or be made available after mongol invasion. and if dismounted dvor is anyway silver-unit, why aren't they replaced with royal archers as they have the same stats anyway. these i observed from building list and i'm just saying.
    Lastly i'm just asking, shouldn't the abbasid caliphate be in baghdad?that's what i thought. and why are the factions called for example the german kingdom, the Venetian republic? if they can't be named exactly historically, i prefer original name HRE and Venice. but maybe it's just me.

Anyway, anyhow, this mod is still great and i hope it will be even greater and hope someone responds at least about the silver units.
    Last edited by Vipman; November 17, 2012 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vipman View Post
    Hi

I installed this mod about a week ago and i played a few turns with some factions i was interested in (Turks, Armenia and Georgia) and i wanted to report some things and give my feedback and suggestions. I have version RegProv_Kings+3.80.15+Full

Spoiler for Problems

The main "problem" i found is about some silver-grey units with no colors. I can give some screenshots if needed. Specifically, these units that i found until now are: the general's bodyguard in levant rebel settlements. i am sure only about antioch, aleppo, tripoli, damascus. also archer militia in tripoli IIRC. these i found during armenia campaign. other silver units i found in custom battle (all eras and i tried most units but siege units and canons) and i guess that it is the same in a campaign. mostly are from georgia: levy spearmen, mongol infantry, dismounted dvor, turkomans, turkish horse archers, turkish javelinmen, and from armenia general bodyguard bizantine stile ( i repeat this is from custom battle georgia vs armenia, i'm not sure i can even train some of these units in a campaign)

Can i fix this by myself or do i have to wait for next parch?
    It looks like the entries in the modeldb got missed for bodyguard. I have not had a chance to check it out because of time constraints. Armenia and Georgia, I did add units recruitable but no skins hence the silver sufer look. Another thing after summer is over.

Next i will show a screen that should talk by itself

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Attachment 181594
    How come it says i have -9 soldiers left. after this i still remained with about 50 soldiers and i didn't have any problem or crash. i lost this battle because i didn't expect the garisson to sally out and i had only cheap infantry.
    I have not seen that one. it is buried in CA's hardcode, though.

One last thing is that some settlements at the campaign start have no garisson or it is 1-2 tiles (or how are they called) away: Tangiers, Oran, Ragusa, Nicaea.
    [/spoiler]
    Spoiler for Feedback&suggestions

This mod is simply just great! This mod has a lot more than it's name says. All these new factions, especially Sweden which i never seen instead of Norway, the map, and if i am correct about this, i like that now you need shipwright to have first trade fleet (but this way it seems that castles can't have not even 1 trade fleet which i'm not sure it's ok) and as if all these weren't enough, when i was playing as turks, Amastra rebelled from bizantines and defected to my faction. i've never seen such a thing so i think it's from this mod. i hope i'm not wrong.

About future versions if i were to expect something "big", i'd hope for either eliminating americas, either replacing some vanilla units and/or adding new ones. i prefer the second instead of first. or how about making the aztecs into another faction (like lithuania maybe) and put just rebels in americas. but i would still prefer more units.

Also, there are some things i don't understand, mostly about the unit roster of georgia and maybe other factions. from what i saw in the building list, at city baracks and maybe other buildings, by upgrading it some units disapear, and a few even come back next level, but they are weak units anyway. more strange is that georgia has at castle baracks Mongol infantry?? they should be renamed or be made available after mongol invasion. and if dismounted dvor is anyway silver-unit, why aren't they replaced with royal archers as they have the same stats anyway. these i observed from building list and i'm just saying.
    Lastly i'm just asking, shouldn't the abbasid caliphate be in baghdad?that's what i thought. and why are the factions called for example the german kingdom, the Venetian republic? if they can't be named exactly historically, i prefer original name HRE and Venice. but maybe it's just me.

Anyway, anyhow, this mod is still great and i hope it will be even greater and hope someone responds at least about the silver units.
    The unit number is already maxxed. The only options, now are adding existing units to factions or combing some units to make room for other units. If you have a wish list for either or both, I'm listening.

I think I finally got this thing stable enogh to work in other areas of the mod.
    Last edited by irishron; September 15, 2011 at 03:25 PM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

I have not seen that one. it is buried in CA's hardcode, though.
    It's a first for me too. Your opponent also killed and captured more soldiers then you actually had.
    That must have happened when the settlements were moved, should be easy to fix.

thanks for answering.

i don't know quite nothing about modding, but all of those silver units of georgia and armenia are from other factions, so can't they have the same model as in the factions they come from? they're from other factions anyway so i think it's ok to have the same models, and it's better than silver surfers.

i searched about silver units and how to fix them but i didn't found anything. i thought i only need to add/modify some lines in some text files, but if it's more complicated then i guess i'll play anyway and wait for next patch.

i didn't see it written anywhere, but i guess this mod doesn't modify vanilla files. if no answer then i will think it as a yes.

The game reads the vanilla files If the mod does not include them and modify them.

I still have your list from above but have not had time to do any updating. Real Life is taking its toll at the moment but it will get done. It's basically a lot of cloning.

ok, thanks for everything. i'm just trying to help how i can. no need for rushing things

All input is welcome. Many of these I have lost track of and thank you for the reminder. If you find anymore, please do post them.

So i have a problem there is no sound whatsoever in the mod.
    I use Windows 7, Vanilla Medieval have sound, i use the latest Version 3.80.16, used Torrent to download with no problems.

The first I've been informed. If you have soundin vanilla, no reason why not with the mod. The only sounds added have been for the added factions.
    Logged in as Administrator?
    Have the mod's icon set to Run as Administrator and XP Compatible?
    Have Medieval2 installed outside Program Files (x86)?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=397636?

Quote Originally Posted by irishron View Post
    The first I've been informed. If you have soundin vanilla, no reason why not with the mod. The only sounds added have been for the added factions.
    Logged in as Administrator?
    Have the mod's icon set to Run as Administrator and XP Compatible?
    Have Medieval2 installed outside Program Files (x86)?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=397636?
    When i tried to run it as admin (right clicked then run as admin) it says it cannot find kingdoms.exe.
    Tried running it compatible with xp service pack2 and pack3.
    And no the vanilla game is in programs and the mod in the modfolder.
    I use a modlauncher app to be able to launch this mod witch i found in this subforum.

Sorry for the double post just wanted to mention that when i copied the files in the vanilla sound map and added them to the mod sound map i got unit and characters speaking and some other sounds but not all and no music.
    Tried this just now.

Steam?

nope gold edition.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast