Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Fixing Thread

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default The Fixing Thread

I thought it worthwhile to start a thread on it's own, seeing that the patches thread is getting more then a mile long with it.

So let me start of with the following:
    I used the latest version of the checker (2.07) and noticed that a few descriptions are missing (Princess_Royal_Blood_Irish - orphaned as well I think) for traits and ancillary triggers have wrong settlement names (polishcrown has cracow). Is anyone working on that?

REDrake's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: The Fixing Thread

Irish princesses and relations have no text in export_vnvs.
    The polish crown error is because the capitol was set at Halych, while the king starts the game in Cracow.

Blog Entries

If you check, you will find, that there is no 'cracow' in the descr_regions as required by the trait. The traits are linked to the names here. Hence the error. The name in descr_regions for that settlement is 'kracow'.

The same problem exists for a number of triggers that are linked to incorrect settlement names (stockholm, sis, helsinki, zagreb.....)

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

You'll find princess traits missing for the added factions and no, I have not yet added them in. That includes their mothers and fathers.

Blog Entries

I haven't checked for missing traits, just ran the checker and picked those things up.

REDrake's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by irishron View Post
    You'll find princess traits missing for the added factions and no, I have not yet added them in. That includes their mothers and fathers.
    Actually, that's only for the Irish. I fixed the rest. Cuman, armenians, georgians, swedish and hedjaz traits and triggers are fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by REDrake View Post
    Actually, that's only for the Irish. I fixed the rest. Cuman, armenians, georgians, swedish and hedjaz traits and triggers are fixed.
    Okay, thank you.

REDrake's Avatar Decanus

No problem. The only reason I did not fixed the Irish was because they had no text in export_vnvs.

REDrake's Avatar Decanus

If my AAR campaign comes to an end (I only have 12 provinces left to conquer including Rome), I'm going to try another campaign but with scurvy removed. It seems to be causing problems with priests aboard ships. It shouldn't but it does. I'm also going to try to improve rebels somehow. I recently played RTW with Roma Surrectum installed and I really like how rebels (Free People) are made in that mod.
    There are also some small bugs I've noticed, all of them small typos. Upgrade for gunsmith for example has no real name, just the type of building.
    I also want to add some improvements to several traits and ancillaries. Mainly, I want to make several ancillaries removable. It is very annoying that a new leader can't get himself crowned because his ancillaries are unmovable. I had to use remove_ancillary cheat at some point to remove mercenary_captain so that he can get crowned.

REDrake's Avatar Decanus

Another bug I've noticed today. Vasco da Gama ancillary showed up for Byzantines instead of Portugal. To be fixed.

You would have to be playing the Byzantines to see it. Good find.

loseless's Avatar Civis

Hi people

First of all, I thank you for creating this incredible mod. It's the most accurate one I've found so far, and keeps the original spirit of the game in it, unlike some mods that make me feel I'm playing another game.

I'd like to comment on some minor flaws. Portugal starts with two cities, Coimbra and Porto. First of all, Porto was still a minor city at the time. The first Portuguese capital was Guimarães, the town where Afonso Henriques (the first king of Portugal) lived. Other important town in these days was Leiria (just south of Coimbra). Portugal only gained independence in 1143, and was officially recognized independent by the pope in 1179. Lisbon was under the moors domain, as well as Faro (misspelled Fara in the mod). Another important city was Santarem, between Badajoz and Lisbon, or Evora, around there too. (I always hope for mods with more towns, in case you need some ideas).

Now, what caused me to come here, was a crash, that happened in the computer turn. Every time I try to pass the turn, the game crashes in the middle of the Sicilians turn. I tried to change some movements, options, camera, etc, but to no avail. I was wondering if there was any log that kept the data from the crashes, so you could attend to fix it. As for the save, well, it was the best I've had in Medieval 2, but I still find Rome waaaay better, in pretty much every way (I don't care about graphics that much...)

If this thread wasn't for this subject, I apologize.

Keep up the good work.

Portugal has been a thorn in any historian's side, unfortunately.

Porgugal was putin the game by CA as one of the kingdoms that actually did something postive in this period, like gaing their independence, exploration and even the colonization of Brazil.

From the game's standpoint, two regions are enough. Porto, from the Portuguese history I have read, Is as close as we can get to the original starting capital of the Kingdom. Fara's spelling goes back to CAin the original Medieval2. We cannot add any more regions as the slots are already full.

Portugal may in some ways be ahistorical, but the way I look at it from any faction is world domination and write my own history after the first turn.

I hope you enjoy the mod inspite of its imperfections.

Blog Entries

You will find your log in the med2\logs folder.
    Not sure if it is set to trace or error mode - but it might give you a clue.

REDrake's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by loseless View Post
    Now, what caused me to come here, was a crash, that happened in the computer turn. Every time I try to pass the turn, the game crashes in the middle of the Sicilians turn. I tried to change some movements, options, camera, etc, but to no avail. I was wondering if there was any log that kept the data from the crashes, so you could attend to fix it. As for the save, well, it was the best I've had in Medieval 2, but I still find Rome waaaay better, in pretty much every way (I don't care about graphics that much...)
    Save often in different slots. Those crashes are almost certainly caused by priests aboard some ships. Check the Sicily and see if there are any boats with priests aboard. If so, use the console to move them and destroy the fleet if you are at war with them or you can afford it. If not, cheat yourself a very good assassin and teleport the priest from that ship next to your assassin and take him out. It is not an ideal solution but it should do the trick until the game is fixed.

loseless's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by irishron View Post
    Portugal has been a thorn in any historian's side, unfortunately.

Porgugal was putin the game by CA as one of the kingdoms that actually did something postive in this period, like gaing their independence, exploration and even the colonization of Brazil.

From the game's standpoint, two regions are enough. Porto, from the Portuguese history I have read, Is as close as we can get to the original starting capital of the Kingdom. Fara's spelling goes back to CAin the original Medieval2. We cannot add any more regions as the slots are already full.

Portugal may in some ways be ahistorical, but the way I look at it from any faction is world domination and write my own history after the first turn.

I hope you enjoy the mod inspite of its imperfections.
    I did enjoy it very much. If it weren't for it, I wouldn't have played it again. Portugal raise the biggest oversees empire in history. Brazil, Angola, Mozambique, Timor, Macau, Goa, etc. But in it's own history, the first capital was indeed Guimarães. That was where Count Henrique, the cruzeder who came from Borgonha in France, to fight the moors, lived, with the his wife, Teresa, illegit daughter of Afonso VI from Leon, who gave the region to Henrique as a reward for their services. After Henrique died, his son, Afonso Henriques, made himself knight at Guimarães castle, and fought his causing, Afonso VII of Leon, successor of Afonso VI. I know this pretty well, as I am Portuguese, and know pretty well our story. Porto only became famous with their communal independence, given by Terese, in 1111. Still, in the yearly times, the importance of cities: Guimarães, Coimbra, Leiria, Porto. I'm not counting with the cities south of the Tejo river (Santarem, Lisbon, Evora, Beja).

As for Fara, please, the CA made a huge mistake. The city never had that name, it has always been Faro. I live 15 minuts away from Faro, it's the capital of the district, and in medieval times, as not the most important city in the southern region (Algarve). Silves was. The moors held it even after Tavira and the eastern part of Algarve was conquered.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantus View Post
    You will find your log in the med2\logs folder.
    Not sure if it is set to trace or error mode - but it might give you a clue.
    I've found it, but from the looks of it, it doesn't help at all...

Quote Originally Posted by REDrake View Post
    Save often in different slots. Those crashes are almost certainly caused by priests aboard some ships. Check the Sicily and see if there are any boats with priests aboard. If so, use the console to move them and destroy the fleet if you are at war with them or you can afford it. If not, cheat yourself a very good assassin and teleport the priest from that ship next to your assassin and take him out. It is not an ideal solution but it should do the trick until the game is fixed.
    I've found the little bastard, God I hate religions...

Now let's try to fry the little crook.

Thank you all for your help.

I believe you about Portuguese history. I used to get lessons from Tankei when he would visit this forum.

I'll try to remember to change in the next change.

the rest of Portugal I am going to leave alone for now. For the amount of regions in it I am trying to keep them spead out a little so you don't have three of them one turn from you. It's not cast in stone.

loseless's Avatar Civis

Thank you. If you ever need any information about Portuguese or Spanish history, feel free to PM me, I am at your disposal.

I'd also like to thank REDrake for his advices. I was able to kill the priest with the cheats (they're not always bad ).

Since I'm here, and I apologize if I shouldn't be writing this here, I wanted to simply disable the gunpowder invention, and delay the Mongols and Timurids. Delaying them is easy, but simply delete the gunpowder invention is possible? If not, I can delay it to a time when I already defeated everyone on the map.

I have not tried it but I think you can disable gunpowder in the descr_events.txt.

REDrake's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by loseless View Post
    I'd also like to thank REDrake for his advices. I was able to kill the priest with the cheats (they're not always bad ).
    You're welcome. You have no idea how many campaigns I had to restart before I came to that solution.

Oh, and Henrique the Navigator is my favorite Portuguese as far Medieval age goes.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast