Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: FERRUM AETERNUM BETA RELEASE v0.50 (NEW LINKS AVALIABLE)

Malin's Avatar Civis

Default Re: FERRUM AETERNUM BETA RELEASE v0.50 (NEW LINKS AVALIABLE)

Err, I had a quicksave before that turn, but I overwrote it since that... But I remember, that the error was in the export_descr_character_traits.txt file. And by the way, there were a lot of faction standing errors too. No wonder my relationship with every faction becomes absymal after 2 turns...

so now you got no errors, keep on playing loli wondering if you still got the skelleton errors because i fixed that(you can see in your error log) , still gotta download the patch, and see whats the differrence, but mine internet is down now and gotta wait a few days, have fun with the game, the romans had always a difficult time lol

. I can't post the log, because it's too long...
    upload it on filefront or attach here
    Under the patronage of Nakharar
    DM Multi modding project

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

I carnt find the lnk for new patch master ?

Signature made by Joar

CTD at turn 54, when the Crusader States are coming.
    thanks i will take a look

It's present in the english version too unfortunately.
    will be fixed in patch

No wonder my relationship with every faction becomes absymal after 2 turns...
    i will try to fix it

I carnt find the lnk for new patch master ?
    post 120
    DM Multi modding project

Malin's Avatar Civis

Stevie: I started a new campaign, so... The skeleton errors are gone, nice job.
    Master Zuma: I'm currently playing a Georgian campaign, if I get the error again, I'll post it now. Oh, and not only the relationships go crazy, but the papal favor goes to zero for every faction too after a few turns. Total war ensues in no-time.
    Last edited by Malin; April 10, 2010 at 09:21 AM.

Found it downloading them all now ..just got to sit tight and wait 30 mins...Oh and thanks +REP
    EDIT: Also I don't know if its possible or alot of work ,so forgive asking but would be possible to have an alternative starting date 1100 sort of exra campaign ?
    Last edited by Constantius; April 10, 2010 at 05:09 PM.

Signature made by Joar

I carnt get it to install its saying need next volume ? but I do have next volume ..whats with that anyone else have an issue ?
    EDIT: renamed the files because had wrong names ,but now it not running wont load...EDIT again for all those that come after me ...I messed up forgot to point installer to mods folder !!!! Back again had a crash 1189 trying to put down Bulgar uprising same as before when start battle Hope its easy to fix
    Last edited by Constantius; April 10, 2010 at 05:10 PM.

Signature made by Joar

Overlord.ru's Avatar Centenarius
    Russian Federation, Moscow Region, Town of Electrostal

Zuma I've done through 43 turns as HRE and already have some feedback. I had a CTD after 43d turn when AI was making it's turns. I'll attach the log. After I had started campaign again and loaded autosave there was no CTD after the 43d turn and I came to the 44th.
    I also got some screens with "issues" I encountered.
    Screens 1,2 : missing units' info
    Screen 3 : Heretic spawned in unreachable place
    Screen 4 : I thought there could be always only 1 King's Right Hand, I'm not sure though, may be it's working as intended. BTW very many family members also got Has the king's eye trait...
    Screens 5,6 : Get a look into crusades please. For no reason my troops deserted until only 1 unit left. I had moved the crusading army each turn so I don't know why the desertion began,but the funniest thing is that they deserted even when they were on the ship in the sea oO
    Last Screen : Something's wrong with general's name

Some additional experiences:
    1) The models of cities and castles in the Holy Land could remain eastern after upgrade even if they under catholic control...just a suggestion, I suppose that would add more charm :>
    2) I guess the variety of crusade's target could be cut down a bit cuz normally some of them are spread out all over the world and don't have any relation to the Holy Land and all that crusading stuff. It would be even more cool If you could make the Pope choose them more logically. I'll attach the screen where the crusade was targeted on the Ghazni City, while the Moors almost whiped out Spain and crusade on them would be much more logical. I hope you'll get what I'm trying to say :d
    3) Ehh I understand that you've got lots of other work to do but that's really a pitty that England HRE and France and some other old world factions' units weren't reskinned and are vanilla style ((( Hope you'll get on with them as soon as possible
    4) Another thing I've encountered is that there very few proposals of marriage for my family members :/
    5) The map is veeeeery poor on trade resources ( And the gold is only in south Africa ((
    6) The population growth rates could be slowed a bit
    7) The merchants almost don't recieve any mastery increase when they simply stand for a long time trading. I had some merchants spent 10-15 turns trading and got only 1-2 points in trade.
    8) The size of generals guard could be increased or they could be buffed .

Although the whole project seemes quite ambitious and interesting for me. I play on Hard\Very Hard and sometimes the AI acted even geniously! The pope USES !!! inqusitors . The AI USES !!! fleet to expand,makes attacks on towns using fleet. Rebels besieging settlements! AI is trying to use heavy cavalry to charge and strike from the flanks or behind! The diplomacy is also quite adequate. For example I've changed Metz for Genoa with France(though we were allies) only for 5000 and small tribute.

The map itself is kinda cool but the downisde of it that small factions are almost all left on the outside because they got Only 1-2 settlements(England,Venice). While as HRE I'm feeling myself as a superpower and recieve 10-15 thousand per turn. Some cities(especially in the east) usually control VERY WAST territories which are left deserted while playing on HRE's territory there are about 15 settlements situated right next to each other. That goes without saying that you'll probably even won't cherish the idea of changing the map...I'm just trying to say that there should be some balance changes depending on the Faction's situation,size and territory - boost for smaller factions, restrictions for greater ones.
    Thanks!

Back again had a crash 1189 trying to put down Bulgar uprising same as before when start battle Hope its easy to fix
    thanks fixed now

Zuma I've done through 43 turns as HRE and already have some feedback. I had a CTD after 43d turn when AI was making it's turns. I'll attach the log. After I had started campaign again and loaded autosave there was no CTD after the 43d turn and I came to the 44th.
    ths i will take a look at what

Screens 1,2 : missing units' info
    Screen 3 : Heretic spawned in unreachable place
    fixed

Screen 4 : I thought there could be always only 1 King's Right Hand, I'm not sure though, may be it's working as intended. BTW very many family members also got Has the king's eye trait...
    i don't know anything about fa traits so it will be fixed later

Last Screen : Something's wrong with general's name
    fixed

1) The models of cities and castles in the Holy Land could remain eastern after upgrade even if they under catholic control...just a suggestion, I suppose that would add more charm :>
    sry but this is impossible

2) I guess the variety of crusade's target could be cut down a bit cuz normally some of them are spread out all over the world and don't have any relation to the Holy Land and all that crusading stuff. It would be even more cool If you could make the Pope choose them more logically. I'll attach the screen where the crusade was targeted on the Ghazni City, while the Moors almost whiped out Spain and crusade on them would be much more logical. I hope you'll get what I'm trying to say :d
    ths i will try to change it

3) Ehh I understand that you've got lots of other work to do but that's really a pitty that England HRE and France and some other old world factions' units weren't reskinned and are vanilla style ((( Hope you'll get on with them as soon as possible
    the only 1 faction what i have in mind now-hre

i think if no one join mod team unit progress will be very low

4) Another thing I've encountered is that there very few proposals of marriage for my family members :/
    5) The map is veeeeery poor on trade resources ( And the gold is only in south Africa ((
    6) The population growth rates could be slowed a bit
    7) The merchants almost don't recieve any mastery increase when they simply stand for a long time trading. I had some merchants spent 10-15 turns trading and got only 1-2 points in trade.
    8) The size of generals guard could be increased or they could be buffed .
    interesting suggestion i will do my best!

The map itself is kinda cool but the downisde of it that small factions are almost all left on the outside because they got Only 1-2 settlements(England,Venice). While as HRE I'm feeling myself as a superpower and recieve 10-15 thousand per turn. Some cities(especially in the east) usually control VERY WAST territories which are left deserted while playing on HRE's territory there are about 15 settlements situated right next to each other. That goes without saying that you'll probably even won't cherish the idea of changing the map...I'm just trying to say that there should be some balance changes depending on the Faction's situation,size and territory - boost for smaller factions, restrictions for greater ones.
    i'm working on balancing this mod every day i think in 1.0 all will be ok
    DM Multi modding project

All I can say is thanks for doing your best mate its not like you get paid
    EDIT: ps I s there anything I can do to get it working was enjoying my campaign
    Last edited by Constantius; April 11, 2010 at 12:43 PM.

Signature made by Joar

Yeah thanks for fast and clear reply and finding strength to work further ! I wished there were more people willing to participate in mod progress and sorry that I don't have a single idea how to mod ( Well done Zuma and keep up the work! :p

Malin's Avatar Civis

Erm... I just got past turn 54 as Hungarians. Strange, as I tried multiple times before. Btw, the units 'Kárpátok swordsmen' is grammatically incorrect. It should be Kárpáti/Kárpát Swordsmen, or Carpathian in english. Kárpátok stands for Carpathians. Not that it's a big issue, just pointing it out.

Some minor issues I've encountered.
    Screen 1 : According to german grammar it must be like - Kaiser des Heiligen Romischen Reiches
    Screen 2 : another bug with name
    Screen 3 : Isn't it BrEslau?

So far I've got some other ides... Educational buildings added would be very nice. They could be different for both castle and town settlement types. Coming of age, family members could have a chance of getting "inclination" trait which would determine their choice whether to study in a castle or a town. Castle education could provide traits and ancillaries for leading wars,quests etc. while town education could provide "buffs" for governing a town.

An Era system would be another great addition to this lovely project, which would restrict for example gothic knights being recruited in 1300 year etc. and remove units of 11th century from recruitment in 15th century...well you know what I mean

+ system that would bring some recruitment limitations for "uber" units. For example I'm able to produce Ritterbruder each turn so I can have a whole army consisting only of them, which is ofc no balance at all, since they own everything on their path and cut it like cabbage ;D

Master Zuma i have fixed a lot of error in mine game a have fixed missing skelletons, the tribal swordsmen error ,the ancillaries traits, charater traits, mine family fix is here in too plus i fixed the export_descr buildings txt and with it the export_descr unit so now all units schould be in game without the error it has too the bulgarian brigands fix in it , the only thing is different from the new patch is that the imperial campaing script has the name constantinopel. this can be used and tested with the in the new downloads links sector version one from ataegina with his patches follow just version one hope this is a good thingit took me a lot of work lolhope i can help a lotit got oil fixes too, i think it can be extractet in medieval 2 mods FA ore do it by hand
    Last edited by stevietheconquer; April 13, 2010 at 11:56 AM.

Mate your a life saver well done ,I will give it a go ! will it stop my battle crashes ? oh and just paste in MED or FA ?

Signature made by Joar

i play now with poland and have no ctd if you find one just tell but remember it only works with the option one from aetagina plus his fixes just follow the version one instructions(because i dont know what the patch from Master Zuma changed) and then install this in the ferrum aeternum data , its too help MASTER ZUMa too focus on other things he can make for this great mod just open the winrar and it can extrat in too the medieval 2 mods files its the first time i make a winrar but i think i did it wright or put the file be hand in the ferrum aeternum where they belong , mine internet is still down , am now with mine father and use his computer so it can be a be a few days off line, for the sound files just put them in sound file plus the sfx mad too in sounds you can extrat it i tjink
    Last edited by stevietheconquer; April 13, 2010 at 11:58 AM.

do you still have battle crashes constantius? i have none now with poland but am still early in the game paste in FA with poland i have now the crown of poland when stay one turn in cracow, mine capitol lol dont know if romans got a crow?
    Last edited by stevietheconquer; April 13, 2010 at 12:10 PM.

Its the same crash every time, I play as the Romans always ,so 1185 ish I send an army to put down the Bulgar revolt near Adrianoupolis and it crashes before it even loads

Signature made by Joar