Thread: Paris

Default Re: Paris

beatifull reconstitution, but you know , in MTW2 all cities are ridiculously small, quadrate and plate.You talk of Paris but think to the horrors for Constantinople or Baghdad...In MT2 metropoles like this cities are a quiet provincial small market-towns.

Meister Röhrich's Avatar Tiro

Looks awesome, well done!

Treize's Avatar Dux Limitis

Can you actually defend both sides??
    Miss me yet?

on nice, so this will be put into DotS?

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Yes, as custom battles and maps for MP etc, but not in the campaign

Apparently it can be done now (just in case you didn't know yet)

see this thread for the tool
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=323503

and this one for some examples
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=264419&page=7

regards

Beautiful, good job!!

Quote Originally Posted by Coprolite View Post
    Apparently it can be done now (just in case you didn't know yet)

see this thread for the tool
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=323503

and this one for some examples
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=264419&page=7

regards
    Not the same thing.

Custom battle maps can not be used for settlement tiles in the campaign.

Those threads refer to the creation of new settlement models not to battlemaps made with the editor.

These settlements can be made to look like real places of course, but if they feature in a campaign as real settlements, then the game engine will place them on battlemaps generated internally.

To accurately portray a settlement you would have to incorporate everything you want on the map in the model. You could not add to the map or change anything with the editor and have it appear in campaign.

I think we are able to place custom maps on the campaign map but they don't work correctly for settlements. Maybe for PSFs though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

Custom battlemaps can easily be made playable in campaigns as long as they are not used for settlements or forts.

You can of course put settlement and fort models on your custom battlemap but these will appear as ambient features only.

SimonB1er's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by The Bruce View Post
    Custom battlemaps can easily be made playable in campaigns as long as they are not used for settlements or forts.

You can of course put settlement and fort models on your custom battlemap but these will appear as ambient features only.
    I don't get it... You can make settlement work but not on a settlement tile?

If a tile has a settlement or fort already on it (i.e. on the campaign map) you can not use a custom battlemap for that location.

However in the editor you can make a battlemap with settlement models placed on it. If you use this battlemap as a custom location in campaign then it will appear with these models but the settlement will just be scenery (it will not appear on the campaign map, will have no ownership and units can walk right through the closed gates).

Quote Originally Posted by The Bruce View Post

wow wow wow! I'm a bit confused now
    So if I am the English for example, and I attack France, and go INTO the battle map, would I have this city? Or would it be one of those lame looking regenerated cities?

If you fight a battle on a tile that has a custom battlemap then you will see whatever was placed on the battlemap when it was made. This can include settlement models and building models.

These models will just be scenery. You can fight in them but you can not capture the square etc. You will be fighting a normal field battle but you will see the building models.
    Last edited by The Bruce; November 19, 2010 at 05:43 PM.

Wrong thread. Please delete.