Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody still getting CTD's?

Default Anybody still getting CTD's?

I started another new campaign, told myself this was the one I would finally play through without it bugging itself to death, and I get a CTD on the 12th turn.

Asking as calmly as possible, does anybody else still get this problem? Because if it's still as bad as it seems, there's absolutely no excuse for leaving Empire as is.

Default Re: Anybody still getting CTD's?

Not here. Never got a CTD.
    On release
    Quote:
    “Empire: Total War has exceeded all our expectations. It's one of those rare "great works" that the team will remember with enormous pride for the rest of their lives, and the public will remember as one of the landmark games of the decade”
    Mike Simpson, Creative Director at The Creative Assembly

Oct 9 '09
    Quote:
    "I had 6 copies of Empire: Total War sat on my shelf intended for close gamer friends that I didn’t send out because I was too embarrassed about the flaws."
    Mike Simpson, Creative Director at The Creative Assembly

Quote Originally Posted by devide-et-impera View Post
    Asking as calmly as possible, does anybody else still get this problem?
    Well I'm almost exclusively playing MP, but it is pretty unstable.
    You don't get actual CTDs a lot, but a 2v2 game with at least one person dropping happens in I'd say 25% of the games...
    The problem is that the others can't tell the reason for the dropping which creates a lot of complaints about people "rage-quitting"
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    Well I'm almost exclusively playing MP, but it is pretty unstable.
    You don't get actual CTDs a lot, but a 2v2 game with at least one person dropping happens in I'd say 25% of the games...
    The problem is that the others can't tell the reason for the dropping which creates a lot of complaints about people "rage-quitting"
    But "pink cow were dropped from the game" (action by steam) is quite a clear statement, or? Even "pink cow has left the game" (action by the gamer), i guess. Please correct me, if im wrong.

OT: I think i have no ctd´s directly after battle anymore- but on campaign map it still can occurs. Im not sure, it could be a OS issue, cause if get a ctd, Mr Gates have a update for me- so maybe its Vista feature. Otherway, it happends round about harbours issues... cant remember right, my last campaign is a bit time ago.
    If you're dealing with the devil, it's not the devil who changes, but rather the devil change you - for sanity is like a spider, sitting in a net woven from the finest of strings, unaware of the hand coming closer, being grabbed and stuffed into a mouth.
    Check this: Turumba's Twitch and Youtube channel!

Quote Originally Posted by Turumba View Post
    But "pink cow were dropped from the game" (action by steam) is quite a clear statement, or? Even "pink cow has left the game" (action by the gamer), i guess. Please correct me, if im wrong.
    Yes, "has left the game" is a clear statement, and not really the one causing the problem.
    "Dropped from the game" can mean a CTD, a Steam problem, a genuine connection problem or the player pulling his router/modem's plug...
    People tend to assume the opponent has pulled the plug because he didn't want to mess up his stats/ranking...
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

I'v got rid of the memory CTD bug. But the game still crashes randomly, sometimes after just a couple of minutes playing, sometimes after an hour but I have never been able to play longer than 1h 30min without a CTD... Yes, I took the time...

The wierd thing is that I have NEVER had any problems with the older TW games, not on my old rig not on my new, its just ETW, and I have never had any random crashes on any of my other games (around 50 of them).

So I can see where all the CA hate comes from...

hmm I still get them in SP. I don't play MP.

I usually get them after a rather big battle. I won and after the 'victory' screen I get a CTD. Really kills the motivation to continue. This happens only once though - if I remember it didn't happen the second time.

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    "Dropped from the game" can mean a CTD, a Steam problem, a genuine connection problem or the player pulling his router/modem's plug...
    Ah, didnt know that. Thx, daniu.
    If you're dealing with the devil, it's not the devil who changes, but rather the devil change you - for sanity is like a spider, sitting in a net woven from the finest of strings, unaware of the hand coming closer, being grabbed and stuffed into a mouth.
    Check this: Turumba's Twitch and Youtube channel!

After playing for a while in the campaign map, the game will start to get graphical glitches (as if the video card was overheating), and then crash. If I alt-tab out of the game when the corruption begins, and then come back, the problem will be solved for a while. The game hasn't crashed in battle for a few months. All in all, it's an annoying situation, but I can at least play the game (I couldn't back when it was released).

And no, I don't ahve my videocard or my computer overclocked. If this problem persists with NTW, I might roll back my Nvidia drivers to the 181 revision, which seemed to work fine (I'm using 191 right now; the latest drivers cause the infamous "disappearing town" bug).
    believe in nothing.

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

The 1.4 was my CTDs time,now the game is stable.

Rarely I get a CTD when playing campaign. Not as much as before though, but it happens.

Biarchus

I got a CTD when Afganixtan emerged. I was only playing with one mod, so it could have been that.
    "I'll tell you what rule sir....we applied Rule 303. We caught them and we shot them under RULE THREE OH THREE!"

"Shoot straight you bastards, don't make a mess of it!"

I have not experienced one in quite a long time. I have enjoyed the game very much lately due to this.

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

Nope, never had any troubles with CTD's

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Not since the first patch -- but games like Fallout 3 crash more often than Empire. Now Empire crashes at the regularly scheduled intervals as is standard in all Windows environments, lol!
    Last edited by l33tl4m3r; February 04, 2010 at 01:45 PM.
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

Picked up the game again last week, I put the game on the shelf last October. Playing Sweden, year 1760, no crash yet. Thumbs held.

brynje's Avatar Civis

Never had a CTD.... and you dont even wanna know how my pc is..

Quote Originally Posted by l33tl4m3r View Post
    Not since the first patch -- but games like Fallout 3 crash more often than Empire. Now Empire crashes at the regularly scheduled intervals as is standard in all Windows environments, lol!
    unfortunately for Fallout, you sir are right.

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

Moved to bug reports

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

Yeah still getting them. Never finished an Austrian campaign ....
    PussyWillow is the best distillation of the classic Tull formula, juxtaposing Anderson's gruff but expressive vocals and a strong, insistent melody bolstered by well-placed, crunchy guitar chords.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast