Thread: Why this mod is easy?

Default Why this mod is easy?

Hi everyone,

Can anyone please suggest me which faction is better for playing in Regions & Provinces Mod? I selected Spain and even though I set all options to the "Very Hard Difficulty" I conquered all parts of North Africa and West Europe before the 50th turn!! My money was 130,000 florins..

So, why the other factions are not aggressive and strong enough?

Also, I tried DLV Mod yesterday. Their features are absulately perfect and fascinating. Lot's of new options you can adjust for more challence. Unfortunately, I didn't like the units and graphics Just because of the bad and simple unit drawings I gave up to play.

My favorite Mod is Regions & Provinces Mod! Are the modders gonna add the smiliar or same DLV options into the Regions & Provinces Mod with keeping the Regions & Provinces Mod units?( I don't like individual unit drawings; in my opinion it makes the game amateur )

Or what am I suppose to do for the hardest game?

Thank you vercy much

REDrake's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Why this mod is easy?

Spain or France are very easy factions to play with. If you are looking for challenge I'd suggest you try Scotland or one of the Italian states. Poland or Hungary are good choices too.
    This mod does not change how the AI behaves compared to vanilla. And let's face it, vanilla M2TW is easy.

As for DLV options, I doubt it. DLV is extremely heavily scripted but there are also more modders there. We can barely make do with what we have and even so the mod is not entirely stable, crashes do occur and bugs are fixed only after a lot of tries.

I am trying to implement certain traits and ancillaries that other mods like DLV have, but is going to take some time to make them bug-free for this mod.

Thank you very much for the detailed info. Bug fixing is going to take time, you are right. So, it is better us to wait for a new version, which doesn't have annoying bugs, rather than play with a new version with lots of bugs.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

If you want a challenge, build up the Cumans before the Mongols show up. It's a challenge.

Now I am playing with Bzyantium and playing with this faction is more difficult than Spain. In my opinion gameplay options, events, models, maps, units etc. are highly enough.

Just it is better to improve or assist the AI logic. For instance,
    - in battles AI can attack from sides
    - if AI factions banktrup some scripts might help them
    - siege and moving outside of the country might be charged

This sort of minor features above is gonna make this mod the best! Don't add nwe units or remove current units.

Unfortunately I can't vote you due to my low message limit in this forum

Cheers

Well I am a veteran DVL fan but I also think certain things in DVL are very bad also[like the units for example] and I quite like this mod but
    - it simply is too easy

I have to applaud the hard work done by this small team but I think along the way some bad mistakes were made and I think the most fundamental of them all is related to the map and the way the provinces are drawn and distributed amongst the factions.

The other thing are the factions themselfs [maybe you guys could improve the mod by getting permission from other modders to include their work(new or twicked factions) in this mod also

But the big problem is the AI and I think once again the only solution is to import from others.

I do like however the general idea of this mod and the way it keeps things simple so keep it up and I am sure that if you will get around to importing scripts and factions from other mods you guys will create one of the most fun to play mods out there

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Thank you for the kind words. Now for a little explainig.

The ai right now XAI. It maybe not what Stainless Steel and DLV have been able to do inhouse but it beats vanilla. There is still some tweaking that needs to be done mod specific. There are some things I don't really care for but it's playable.

The biggest thing gets me with any mod are bugs. If I know the hardcode ones, on with life. If they are modded in, I want to know where they are, and can they be fixed. If they can be fixed, do it and move on to the next one. You play a couple of campaigns you will see some that you will be starting a new campaign over. We have identified one for sure and two more we have a good guess but nothing concrete. These are what I wnat first.

The factions are what we inherited when sb2ean vacated with no notice. I have been able to keep it alive with help from others that have mods of their own going. Go down through the threads and you will prbably recognize a few names. These factions need work. A lot of work. One still might move and become a different faction. We are at 27 now so there is not much room left. The regions are already maxxed. I am leaving the regions alone until I can change the acnillaries and traits to match.

Strarting positons for the factions are a personal choice. These were the ones when I inherited the mod. With this mod being two turns per year, it's about the right amount per faction. Anynore and you run the risk at being at the other end of the map before 1100.

Personally I like it simple. After working and trying to relax, the last thing I want is a game I have to micromanage every detail.

You find any bugs, report them. If it causes a ctd and can replicate it, set the error to trace and attatch with an explanation of what happened. We have found some that way. We would appreciate it.

The easiest way to make the game harder is to handicap yourself; that is add house rules for solitaire play. For instance, 'the human player may never produce more than one unit per city/castle per turn', for instance. Or, 'the human player can only produce the least powerful kind of naval unit offered in a city when more than one kind is available', or 'you cannot have more than x-number of generals. Any offered after that number are to be refused.' Elementary, but a lot easier than technical solutions.