Thread: After installing 1.03 I don't have any of the new units

randir14's Avatar Ordinarius

Default After installing 1.03 I don't have any of the new units

I recently re-installed Windows so I had to download all the CoW files again. Here's the install order I did:

Medieval 2
    Kingdoms
    Kingdoms 1.5 patch
    CoW 1.02 Full Version
    CoW 1.03 Patch
    Translation files

When I start the game and go to custom battle I don't have any new units, it's like I might as well be playing 1.02.
    Everything is correctly installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\teutonic

Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Sorry I thought I posted this in the bug section, a mod can feel free to move it there.
    Last edited by Beregond; February 03, 2010 at 06:53 AM.

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Default Re: After installing 1.03 I don't have any of the new units

Quote Originally Posted by randir14 View Post
    I recently re-installed Windows so I had to download all the CoW files again. Here's the install order I did:

Medieval 2
    Kingdoms
    Kingdoms 1.5 patch
    CoW 1.02 Full Version
    CoW 1.03 Patch
    Translation files

When I start the game and go to custom battle I don't have any new units, it's like I might as well be playing 1.02.
    Everything is correctly installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\teutonic

Does anyone know what the problem could be?
    Did you install 1.03 into the folder where your kingdoms.exe is? To me it was just.../Medieval2/.
    Last edited by Kahvipannu; February 03, 2010 at 01:35 AM.

randir14's Avatar Ordinarius

No....I thought it was supposed to go in the teutonic folder like the previous versions.

Well there ya go!

Semisalis

Same thing ...but every units are not missing . I have few of them in custom battles (all new artillery units) ..but a lot misses (no witches , no brgiht wizard , no nurgle /tzeentch magus , no ogre mercenary , no zombies...) and for all the new units , the 2d Arts are missing -_-' (like the temptress , the wraiths of Sylvania , all the new bodyguard for Empire "heroes" etc) i dont understand ..probably there are in the campaign and not in custom battles ?

But another strange thing ...i would like to verify if Tzeentch had got his magus (just an example) ..so i started a campaign , develloped my best city with add_population and add_money and process_cq ...and ..i was sad to see that they are missing to in campaign T_T ...but there is Tzeenth Chosen (new unit , or altered one i guess ?) ..so i dont understand why many are missing , and other ones not ...

Edit : problem solves after reinstalling .
    Last edited by Tyraels; February 03, 2010 at 05:27 AM.

First of all...Hello to everyone I have a question concerning patch 1.03. Does it include new unites for high elves (to be more precise mage and Tiranoc Chariot)?? I'm asking because i seem to have all other new units and i read somwhere that 1.03 will include chariot for the Asur...

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

First off, Welcome to the TWC Suriel! If you ever have any questions, just ask!

As for new units for the High Elves, there are none.