Thread: loading screen parsing

Valiant Champion's Avatar Praepositus

Default loading screen parsing

Why does the game parse the imperial campaign folder for the loading screens even after custom battles?

Every time a post battle crash takes place (mostly in campaign battles)

which doesnt happen often

I notice in the system log that the very first place the game parses for a loading screen is in imperial campaign folder

I copy pasted a numbered loading screen tga into the folder than renamed it loading_screen.tga

Now the game seems to choose that loading screen over the ones in the loading screen folder

I am not sure if this will solve post battle crash problems or not but it was interesting to note.

BETTER PIKES
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...2#post16143112

THE PIKE WARS HAVE BEGUN!

Default Re: loading screen parsing

I think you have Cracked VC, it makes sense now as every crash is during the loading interval and the screen goes black, I had a feeling that once your tail was up and you were on the scent you would find the cause. I am going to implement your quick fix and hope that the CoW team takes note and investigates.

Valiant Champion's Avatar Praepositus

I am not very smart. This probably will not solve the issue and if it does is only an ad hoc bandaid.

I also caught the game on another system log parsing the campaign folder as well as its first try to locate a loading screen.

I wonder if a person were to put a loading screen tga in the main data folder if the game wouldnt parse it before any other.

I am merely trying to lay down some observations and maybe others put their heads together with mine and try to figure out

Why

The game parses all over for loading screens and not specifically the loading screen folder. And when it does parse the loading screen folder it goes through all the loading screens and isnt satisfied with any of them and than looks into other places and looks for dds images than finally crashes.

Maybe put a loading screen tga original in the loading screen folder? maybe it should be like this

loading_screen.tga
    loading_screen1.tga
    loading_screen2.tga

and so forth

BETTER PIKES
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...2#post16143112

THE PIKE WARS HAVE BEGUN!

Makes sense...have you tried your lastest idea I will test it as well, I will wait till I have my first crash then implement the renaming and try again, I am only at the first scripted battles of Reikland campaign turn4.
    Will give it a go to see what results I can garner.
    Tally HO! the hunt is on...