Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No forts in campaign map neither cities

Default No forts in campaign map neither cities

Save-game compatible, no problems related with previous forts yet.

• The ability for creating forts (generals & captains) deactivated. AI will not build ''invisible forts'' with them.
      • About ''invisible forts''. I have solved the path-findings problems related with them, they don't exist now. (I have seen many mods with this bug.
      • All forts removed. There is no battles with forts.
      • Cities still have the building named settlement forts (with new price: 500). Now this building gives bonuses for repression, prestige and a minor bonus for building repairing (-0,025 accumulative).

• I have maintained the model in campaign but the fort will be unused in battles.
      • The building will have other icon and model in the campaign map, military school.
      • Changed the personalities to forcing the CAI not to use, assault, build, repair neither garrisoning units in them.
      • Changed the campaign managers to forcing the CAI not to maintain them.
      • Revised the costs and bonuses given by settlements forts in cities.

Order:
    Mod_no_forts
    (Mod_technology) (not necessary, only for giving you the structure)
    (mod_League_of_Extraordinary_Gentlemen) (not necessary, only for giving you the structure)
    (JM) (already included)
    (DM) (not necessary, only for giving you the structure)
    Last edited by Isabelxxx; March 12, 2010 at 01:35 PM.
    All my downloads need for uncompressing them:

7-Zip 9.10 beta Windows 32-bit

hooahguy14's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: No forts in campaign map neither cities

do savegames work with this?
    in other words, do settlement fortifications that were already made still have the horrible bug?
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: A Rome II Suebi AAR
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Syntax's Avatar "Veni Vidi Vici"

Quote Originally Posted by [B
    Isabelxxx[/B];6704100]A proper no forts mods. This will be included in a future buildings_mod.

-
    Quote Originally Posted by [B
    The ability for creating forts (generals) deactivated. AI will not build ''invisible forts''.
    -All forts removed. There is no battles with forts.
    -Cities still have the building named settlement forts (with new price: 500). Now this building gives bonuses for repression, prestige and a minor bonus for building repairing (-0,025 accumulative).

Order:

That is great news...we all love Isabelxxx.....the bonus for the city walls is a good idea!!!! - Download immediate - I have already a folder on my desktop called Isabelxxx..which is full of candy's....mod candy's.
    (another issue..I'm still on laughing about No0dles super service...have a look - he is the best! at post #8: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=329563) a small side note guys this not belongs to this mod......
    Last edited by Syntax; February 02, 2010 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syntax View Post

That is great news...we all love Isabelxxx.....the bonus for the city walls is a good idea!!!! - Download immediate - I have already a folder on my desktop called Isabelxxx..which is full of candy's....mod candy's
    agreed. i say submodder of the year for ETW goes to Isabelxxx.

This looks great.

I had an idea I always wanted to implement into a "no forts mod" but don't know how. Instead of forts or settlement fortifications, would it be possible to give the defending army the ability to build the earth bunkers, spike fences and other defensive fortifications? That way the defender still has some defensive bonus in the battle but it isn't a fort?

hooahguy14
    It can not be save-game compatible (this means that you will not able to create new forts), but there are some things that I know will happen:
    -Your generals already recruited will still have the ability of creating forts. (related with startpos, so related with save-game, I can not do anything for every user...).
    -The forts already created will not appear on battles, but they are still there... Path-findings problems. (solved in new campaign, in other mods this is not solved: ''invisible forts'')
    -And maybe other strange things.
    Syntax
    lol XD I have many things to do yet.
    hooahguy14
    I'm not a sub-moder, I post all in the sub-mod forum. It's not the same.
    You will see soon a real mod...
    Dignan
    This is an interesting thing. I think in cities the ability is still working if you are the defending army (1 turn for making defenses is needed) but non in the map because forts don't exist now.
    Last edited by Isabelxxx; February 02, 2010 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Isabelxxx View Post
    -Your generals already recruited will still have the ability of creating forts. (related with startpos, so related with save-game, I can not do anything for every user...).
    i just checked and i can say that, according to my observations, this is false. previously recruited generals cant make forts.

im just concerned about previously existing fortifications, as you said they may cause problems.

I have at the momemt a foreignlanguage-understand-Problem..

We have now "no-Forts-mod", one it called "new" ant its made by santini, they removed all forts after a siege..
    the second, it called "Stock&wooden forts" made by Dignan and developed by mishkin - they transformated all the stone forts in woodenforts and make a new round wooden fort..

Now, this is the third mod - can anyone me explain what does the mod exactly do and wheres the differences to the other mod?
    I understand a little with solved Pathfinding-problems (reformationsbug to begin a battle after siege? Reason ai will takes the invisible path from the removed forts?)
    Syntax or Isa (or other User) can you shows me in clearly words what the big difference to the other mods?
    A mod from isa i always try ..i will only knews to which exactly thing i must have a look for to make a feedback..

Thank you and regards

Germane

Germane - as Isabelxxx said it is not savegame compatible I not jet implemented as I am in the middle of a great campaign! So I can't tell you jet?

Isabelxxx - thanks for the tip!!!

Germane - as Isabelxxx said it is not savegame compatible I not jet implemented as I am in the middle of a great campaign! So I can't tell you jet?

thx syntax, i will begin a new campaign with this mod and then i provocated sieged battle and take a look what will be...

my campaing is just begun (1704 4t/y),so i hope that there are no problems with this mod!
    I think that no one has built fortifications in the city yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
    my campaing is just begun (1704 4t/y),so i hope that there are no problems with this mod!
    I think that no one has built fortifications in the city yet...
    Look my "AAR" , no fear - is very short Post 53..
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=328028&page=3

LOL!

congratulations!

and the Time to end a round is without siegebattles FAST as HELL - they shows you immediate the results after you click "end turn" , they dropped like a rainshower on the left screenside - you must try, it`s complete another gameplay

Sure Germane! I only hope that my current early campaign have no problems of compatibility !

hooahguy14
    i just checked and i can say that, according to my observations, this is false. previously recruited generals cant make forts.

im just concerned about previously existing fortifications, as you said they may cause problems.
    wow, it thought the opposite... this means that I have done really well my work.

Germane

I have at the momemt a foreignlanguage-understand-Problem..

We have now "no-Forts-mod", one it called "new" ant its made by santini, they removed all forts after a siege..
    the second, it called "Stock&wooden forts" made by Dignan and developed by mishkin - they transformated all the stone forts in woodenforts and make a new round wooden fort..

Now, this is the third mod - can anyone me explain what does the mod exactly do and wheres the differences to the other mod?
    I understand a little with solved Pathfinding-problems (reformationsbug to begin a battle after siege? Reason ai will takes the invisible path from the removed forts?)
    Syntax or Isa (or other User) can you shows me in clearly words what the big difference to the other mods?
    A mod from isa i always try ..i will only knews to which exactly thing i must have a look for to make a feedback..

Thank you and regards

Germane
    Have you read the log?

-The ability for creating forts (generals) deactivated. AI will not build ''invisible forts''. Other mods don't change this.--->Path-finding bugs.
    -About ''invisible forts''. I have solved the path-findings problems related with them, they don't exist now.Other mods don't change this.--->Path-finding bugs.
    -Cities still have the building named settlement forts (with new price: 500). Now this building gives bonuses for repression, prestige and a minor bonus for building repairing (-0,025 accumulative). And this little add. There isn't a mod which had removed forts in cities ( I'm talking about buildings), I have balanced this for giving them some utility.

Anyway, download the other mods. Open them with DBE editor and compare them with mine, you will see the diference....

I have seen that you have tried the mod, but now, you know what are exactly the differences.
    Last edited by Isabelxxx; February 03, 2010 at 12:35 PM.

Anyway, download the other mods. Open them with DBE editor and compare them with mine, you will see the diference....
    Sure,... from the Editor i knews as well as spain, spain i knews as well as suaheli - and from suaheli i knews nothing!!

I have seen that you have tried the mod, but now, you know what are exactly the differences.
    Yes, its completed another Gameexperience, i wonder (oncemore) how you compared all the things with the AI, incredible, awesome, - i have no words more..

best Regards Germane

Germane
    lol... It isn't a secret: logic.

So by following all your statements friends - this mod may be added in the middle of campaign either??? - that what I understood here - right? or I standing on my own line...?

Good work Isa.....I don't know which words I should take to describe my enjoyments of your improvements...speechless....

Syntax
    It appears to be save-game compatible, no problems related with previous forts yet.
    I haven't tried it yet because I make the mods without playing with them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast