Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The dHRR Roll - Titles available in the HRE

JorisofHolland's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: The dHRR Roll - Titles available in the HRE

I've figured out the Scandinavian Dux and Rex titles. I don't think anyone will read this, but it'll make for a nice self-reference post.

Rex Norwegie, the King of Norway. The feudal bonus is given in Oslo. It can only be aquired by the Faction Leader of Denmark or Sweden when his faction holds Oslo and the title is not present within his faction at the end of a turn. When the holder of the title dies, it is inherited by one of his sons at turn start (not necessarily the Faction Heir!).

Dux Norwegie, the Jarl of Norway. This title can be aquired by a Swedish or Danish general that is not the Faction Leader or Faction Heir. It does become hereditary but does not give a loyalty penalty.

Dux Norwegie, the Duke of Norway. This title is used for all factions but Sweden and Denmark and can be acquired in Oslo the usual way. It becomes hereditary like any title.

Rex Sweorum, the King of Sweden. This title is always held by the Swedish Faction Leader, but can be aquired by a Danish king should his faction hold Visby, Stockholm, Gotenburg and Warberg. It will be inherited by one of his sons.

Dux Sweorum, the Jarl of Sweden. This title can be aquired by Danish or Swedish generals in any of the Swedish settlements, does become hereditary but does not give a loyalty penalty.

Dux Sweorum, the Duke of Sweden. This title can be acquired by all factions but Sweden and Denmark in any of the aforementioned settlements.

The Danish (Royal) titles work exactly the same way.
    Last edited by JorisofHolland; March 04, 2012 at 08:59 AM.
    The Enemy of Human Souls
    Sat grieving at the cost of coals;
    For Hell had been annexed of late,
    And was a sovereign Southern State.

vonckenLOTR's Avatar Civis

poorly most of it will be gone in 0.9

It is indeed.
    Anyway, I've done some more digging for my soon-to-be-launched England campaign and figured out the oddities about England and the rest of Britain.

Almost everything is nice and normal, with one normal title per settlement. The following titles are different, though:

Comes de Warennia, the Earl of Warenne, witht the local bonus being given in Nottingham. This title cannot be created anew, only inherited.

Earl of Kent and Earl of Oxford, which both give a bonus in London, making it a crowded place (especially with the Rex Anglorum also having his bonus there).

Comes Lancastriae, the Earl of Lancaster. This title will be created for the English Faction Heir without worldly title, provided his faction holds Chester and there is no Earl of Chester present, after which it becomes hereditary. It also prevents the title Earl of Chester from being created or passed on to an heir. The local bonus is given in Chester.

Comes Eboracensis, the Earl of York. This title can be created for the son of an English king (not the heir), provided his faction holds York and Berwick and the title Earl of Northumbria exists within his faction. It becomes hereditary like other titles. The local bonus is given in York.

Also, there seems to be some stuff going on with certain offices tied to certain titles, I'm looking into that now.
    Edit: This seem to concern the Magister Camerarius Angliae, a royal office tied to the title of Earl of Oxford.

And then there are the following offices:
    Custodus Angliae, the highest authority should the king be absent from his island. If not held by any character, and the King of England is on the continent, it will be given to a character present on the British Isles, provided he has five loyalty of more. The Custodus Angliae receives an additional bonus when the king is away.

Constabularius Angliae and Marescallus Angliae, the High Constable and High Marshall respectively, two offices nonexsistent under a Norman king.

Cancellarius Regis, the Lord High Chancellor, an office always held by the bishop of London.

Future conquest in mind, I've done some more digging in southern France, where all seems to be normal with two exceptions:

The Count of Toulouse also receives a bonus in Marseille (as Margrave), and Marseille seems to have two titles: Margrave of the Provence and Count of the Provence, the first of which is held by the Count of Toulouse.
    Last edited by JorisofHolland; August 11, 2012 at 07:14 AM.
    The Enemy of Human Souls

vonckenLOTR's Avatar Civis

yes, i researched toulouse. i didn't know there where 2 titles. good job!

Well, they're held as one title, so it's a close thing. In fact, there's only one ancillary (Count of Toulouse), which is accompanied by (besides the usual stuff) the trait "Margrave of the Provence", which makes it easy to miss that bit.
    The Enemy of Human Souls

If I can suggest something for your secondary titles, because the title of "Margrave of Provence" was not at all tied to Marseille.
    Take a look at this map:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

So, the number 1 is the cross for your "Margraviat of Provence" ancillary
    Number 2 is the cross for the County of Orange(becoming a quite autonomous Principality at 1181)
    Number 3 is the cross for the County of Forcalquier, usually a dowary of the Counts of Provence's mothers/wifes or even an apanage in favor of the cadet brothers.

In provencal idiome, Margrave of Provence was " Marquès de Provença"
    Count of Orange was "Comesvient d'Oringis".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12