Thread: Hi, just a few questions I'd like to ask.

Icon5 Hi, just a few questions I'd like to ask.

Hello, I'm considering trying this mod but have a few questions I'd like to ask first.

1. Does TROM greatly differ from vanilla campaing game play, I've tried Imperial Splendour mod but it doesn't really change the campaign much, just the battles them selves and I'm looking for some think that changes the entire experience.

2. Is TROM compatible with multilayer campaign?

3. Is there a mod manager I could use to manage multiple mods on my computer at once?
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
    Edmund Burke

Carpe Diem

Serenissima's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Hi, just a few questions I'd like to ask.

1. It doesn't change much more than anything, just makes it more realistic. Unfortunately, ETW is so horribly programmed that you can hardly change anything campaign-wise anyway.

2. Probably, but I'm not the one to ask.

3. Yes. LtChambers' mod manager is what you'd want.
    Most Serene.

IMHO:

1- Yes there are changes in the campaign system. As Serenissima says there is little that can be done at a fundamental level of the campaign game but you will notice right away that its much much harder to sweep your hordes across the world as pricing/upkeep and rebellion are ever present dangers.

2- Yes, I've played MP Campaign TROM. Not a problem at all so long as both players have the same mods (ie, don't add extra stuff from random places on the TWC)

3- Mod Manager works well but TROM does need to modify the startpos files so ultimately it won't be compatible with vanilla campaigns nor other mods which also want to modify these files. You could doubtless devise a way to swap your different mods files about using batch files and launching icons.

Cheers, Moopere

Thanks for the answers guys. And with the mod manager I want it so I can play diffrent mods and also be able to play vannilah should I want to rather than mixing different mods mods.
    Edmund Burke

Carpe Diem

You won't be able to do this with Modmanager alone. Modmanager only swaps about the actual patch packs - not the other files (like the startpos). This will be the same for any mod that modified files that are not only patch packs.

Moopere

So if I was to have this and Imperial Splendor on my computor at once I wouldn't be able to switch between the two by simply using mod manager?
    Edmund Burke

Carpe Diem

I don't know if IS uses startpos files (or others) - probably it does, in which case it won't work by using ModManager alone.

Moopere

Were are the startpos files?

I assume it would be relatively simply to swap out the different startpos files depending on the mod you want to play
    Edmund Burke

Carpe Diem

Yep, it would be quite simple, thus my initial response that you could doubtless script it with a batch file.

Moo

Ok, thanks for the help mate.
    Edmund Burke

Carpe Diem

in fact, imperial splendour's startpos file is in another folder, you can simply disable it with mod manager.
    (the startpos file is enabled by the pack-file, which you can disable)

What you can not change with mod manager however are the localisation files. I dunno if TROM comes with its own localisation, but if it does, you will get conflicts between the two.