Thread: Giving Averland normal halberdiers in addition to heavy ones.

Default Giving Averland normal halberdiers in addition to heavy ones.

Hey guys. I don't know if this is the right place but I'll go ahead and ask since there are many talented people over here. My modding skills are quite limited but I want to add normal Halberdiers to Averland. I think the Heavy Halberdiers are a bit more alite and thus cannot be part of the County's mainstay force. After all how could the Count provide thousands of men with full plate? I also really like the massed ranks of halberdiers and I trully believe the ones in plate armor should be reserved for other situations. So I have added venice (which I'm prety sure represents Averland) to the unit info txt file (what's its name??) for the factions that can make use of the halberdier unit. So far so good. I know however that each unit has its own skins and thus the Averland normal halberdiers don't appear on the battle map since they hane no skin. My question is what file do I need to copy (from where and where) even if it is from another faction (probably Ostland since they are black too) to have the halberdiers appear?

I must add that the unit info card is shown on the custom battles along with everything else including drummer and officer. The only thing that doesn't appear are the men on the field. So I have a drummer and a sergeant commanding invisible men!!!!

Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong and what should I do if you know.

Thanks a lot.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default Re: Giving Averland normal halberdiers in addition to heavy ones.

You aren't doing anything wrong, it's just that there are no texture files created for halberds for Averland as they have the Averland Halberdiers instead.

If you want, pm me and I'll explain how to get the Halberdiers to show up (but they won't have Averland colors)

~Beren~'s Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Giving Averland normal halberdiers in addition to heavy ones.

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    You aren't doing anything wrong, it's just that there are no texture files created for halberds for Averland as they have the Averland Halberdiers instead.

If you want, pm me and I'll explain how to get the Halberdiers to show up (but they won't have Averland colors)
    After looking in the battle_models file, each unit (swordsman, halberdier, spearmen) use the same texture file of their respective faction. Simply because they use the same model, or at least something very similar.

With a little simple coding within the battle_models file, it is possible to add such a unit with textures. The resources are already there.

EDIT: Here's a pic:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

It's funny how there's a UI pic already made for them.
    Last edited by ~Beren~; January 30, 2010 at 08:12 PM.