Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: More Ancillaries 3.2 -update 24.2.2010

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

Default Re: More Ancillaries 3.1 -update 16.2.2010

Nice work!
    I hope this will be included in the next release of CoWH
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Thanks
    I'm not sure, but the item/thing ancs might end up in official CoWH..

Saladin has completed new set of descriptions, so OP updated
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Dragon Bow (for Valmnir)
    The Knight of the White Wolf - are a Knightly Order in the Empire dedicated to the old god of wolves and winter, Ulric. The spiritual home, and the location of their Order's fortress is Middenheim. In battle they carry great two-handed hammers and go helmetless, making them a fearsome sight as they charge into battle.
    Faction Empire
    Book of Sigmar- A priest of Sigmar have relatively few materialistic valuables, except two. His book, and his hammer. A book of Sigmar contains prayers that can be used to smite evil, protect against foul demons, or inspire men to bravery that they themselves did not know they had. The words of priest of sigmar have been known to cause fear in even the mightiest vampires.

Faction Orcs
    Tuff Sholder Guardz- Doz thingz goez on da sholderz der. The ol' boss Blacktooth wor dis til' he was offed. He liked em coz deyz blocked the pointy-eared big arrowz and saved da bosses life. But now he dead. Now im da biggest, im da baddest, and i sayz dos sholder guardz belongz ta me!

Faction Chaos
    Skullhelm of Ragnaroth-this helm belonged to the Champion of Khorne by the name of Ragnaroth the Bloodsworn. Crafted out of the skull of a Warpriest of Sigmar, the once holy power that radiated from it's remains have been corrupted into a primal dark force. The warrior who wears this helm feels no fear, and gains the fighting skills of all the previous wearers, turning him to a maelstrom of death and bloodletting, a perfect weapon for Khorne.

Faction Orcs
    Black Orcs-Black Orcs are the biggest and strongest of all Orcs, and get their name from their dour, grim demeanour as much as from the colour of their skin, which is extremely dark green or black. They are bigger and stronger than normal Orcs and pride themselves on being the best fighters of all. They are more diciplined than other Orcs and have better equipment.

Faction Orcs
    Bonecrusha-"Yeah i heard of boss Bonecrusha, had a nice lookin basha he had, till I crushed his head wit it. Get back ta work or ima start bashin skulls!"

Faction Orcs-
    Good Choppa- "This choppa saved me arse a few times. Stupid humies and der purty armor. Too bad it can't stand up to me good ol' choppa!

Faction Orcs
    Gitsnik-This large and blood spattered axe, whose name simply means "foe killer" has many charms and pouches chained to it's haft. These contain powerful sorceries woven by mighty Orc Shamans that enable Grimgor to wield Gitsnik with blurring speed.

Faction Orcs
    Morglor the Mangler- One of the most feared weapon ever to be wielded by an Orc warlord, it's thirst for mayhem and death is matched only by it's owner.

Faction Empire
    Bronze Shield- A shield made of bronze can carry a powerful enchantment of protection, but only for a short time.

Faction Dwarfs
    Gyrocopter-Gyrocopters are flying machines whose rotor blades are propelled by an ingenious lightweight steam engine. These devices can take off and land vertically or even hover on the spot. Gyrocopters were invented by the Dwarf Engineers Guild and are flown by members of the guild. It is easy to see why Dwarfs invented these machines when you consider their high mountain realm. The inventor was probably inspired by watching dragons swooping down from mountain crags and combined the idea of wings with that of engines used to drive drilling machines and flywheels from grinding machines! Gyrocopters can take off and land easily amid the peaks, as the lofty pinnacles make excellent landing points.

Faction Empire
    Knight Panther-The Knights Panther were established after the wars against Araby when returning crusaders brought back magnificent leopards, tigers, and panthers, as well as furs that adorned their clothing. Unlike many Knightly Orders, the Knights Panther owe their first loyalty to the Empire itself and are sworn to the protection of its people and lands. The Knights Panther are based predominantly in the cities of Middenheim and Talabheim. These cities are traditionally major centers of Ulric worship, and as a result, the Knights Panther have a fierce rivalry with the Knights of the White Wolf, each Order trying to outdo the other in battle.

Faction Empire
    Light Wizard-Light Wizards are able to banish spirits and daemons back to the darkness with a flourish of their staves. Light energy is particularly effuse: it penetrates solid things and its energies soak into the ground. Uncontrolled shockwaves of Light Magic can course though the earth causing earthquakes, landslides and similar destructive phenomena. Because it is so thin and diffuse, Light Magic is notoriously difficult to concentrate into a form that can be controlled. As a result Light Wizards must master difficult rituals in order to channel its power. To compensate for this, the College has many acolytes trained in the basic chants and incantations who aid the Wizards as they draw on the insubstantial power of light.

Faction Chaos
    Death's Head- This champion of chaos carries the skull of one of his fallen enemies, filled with Nurgle's most virulent poxes and sealed with blood laced wax.

Faction Chaos
    Chaos Runeshield- The Chaos runeshield is covered writhing carvings that have the power to destroy magic.

Faction Dwarfs
    Dwarf Hp potion variant

Faction Night Goblins
    Sneaky Belt of Protectyness-The best form of attack is defence, and the best form of defence is the kind you can 'borrow' from your opponent, particulary if it's better than yours.

Faction Empire
    Wizard's Cape- One of the first enchantments a battle wizard learns is to enchant his cape or cloak with some sort of spell of protection, varying on which college of magic the wizard helms from.

Faction High Elves
    Seerstaff of Saphery-Made from starwood and crackling with powerful enchantments, the Seerstaff focuses the bearer's mind allowing him to recall even the smallest details clearly.

Faction Empire
    Warrior Priest's Hammer- The warhammer is one the most known symbols of Sigmar, and are the only weapons used in the bsttlefield by Warrior Priests of Sigmar. In the hands of a strong man, the can crush an orc's skull. In the hand's of a priest of Sigmar, they can possibly slay a Vampire with a single blow.

Faction Empire
    Warhammer of the Everstrong- Delmar Von Heinrich was a giant of man, a peerless warrior, and was given the title Everstrong. In a great battle against a Orc horde on the plains of Averland, Delmar crushed the skull of a wyvern with a mighty blow. He perished in the battle, but in honor to his bravery the Elector Count had his hammer enchanted to be the bane of Orcs, and particulary wyverns.

Faction Chaos
    Chaos Armour-All-enclosing suits of Chaos Armour are the living gifts of the Dark Gods upon their Champions. They become part of the wearer's body, and can never be removed.

Faction Night Goblins
    Chieftan's Hood-Night Goblins despise sunlight, and wear cloaks to hide their flesh from the sunlight. A particulary successful chieftan will have his hood enchanted by the shamans to protect them not just from the sun, but other perils they might face on the surface.

Faction Night Goblins
    Skull Wand of Kaloth-Originally captured from the Necromancer Kaloth, this staff fascinated the Goblin Shaman Kazgi, who spent long hours attempting to plumb it's secrets- until his mysterious disappearance.

Faction Night Goblins
    Skarsnik's Tricky Hood- It's not only because of Skarsnik's devious schemes that he remains alive and in charge. He wears a magic hood that makes it difficult to hit him, as if there nothing underneath his hood but cloth and air. The last thing many a dwarf hear after frustratingly fail to strike a killing blow on Skarsnik is his screechy laughter as his cave squig Gobbla feeds on them while they are still alive.

Nice work with these additional ancillaries. I've some time today to browse them through and I've found few that are already in game:
    - Prototype Handgun
    - Chaos Steed
    - Great book of Grudges
    - Potion of vitality
    - Armor of Tarnus
    - Urskin The Bear (although you wrote more about him)
    - Armour of Ursun

I see you use the official lore descriptions from the Army Books. That's great!

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Admiral Thrawn View Post
    Nice work with these additional ancillaries. I've some time today to browse them through and I've found few that are already in game:
    - Prototype Handgun
    - Chaos Steed
    - Great book of Grudges
    - Potion of vitality
    - Armor of Tarnus
    - Urskin The Bear (although you wrote more about him)
    - Armour of Ursun

I see you use the official lore descriptions from the Army Books. That's great!
    Yes, I noticed some of these myself too, some after your latest translation, and big thanks for your work on that
    -Prototype handgun is for dwarven generals, so I believe it's not for same purpose as in vanilla
    -GB of Grudges was accuirable anc, I remade it, and made it "passing" ancillary for Dwarf Kings
    -Potion just has new picture for specified for Empire, and for Dwarfs too in next release
    -Urskin ancillary is in vanilla, but it don't have triggers, so only ours is in game, and it's only for Boris
    -Steed and armors I have to check

Big thanks for this, and 90% of descriptions is from Saladin, so all thanks to him from them

Armour of Tarnus is after the Dawn Armour
    Armour of Ursun is after the Boots of Endurance
    Steed of Chaos is well I reckon W'Soraych, the Steed of the Apocalypse is one but you probably made a 'normal' one for all heroes.

So, as I understand every time a new Higj King is elected he is given a GB of Grudges? That't fantastic!!!
    Did you do the same for the Elector Counts and their Runefangs? And what about lets say Kurt Helbord - in TT he's got Runegang and Laurels of Victory. In CoW he's got only Runefang. Did you give him LoV as well? I believe that all named heroes that have their own rules in TT should have their magic items from the start with them.

Steed of Chaos is well I reckon W'Soraych, the Steed of the Apocalypse is one but you probably made a 'normal' one for all heroes.

So, as I understand every time a new Higj King is elected he is given a GB of Grudges? That't fantastic!!!
    Did you do the same for the Elector Counts and their Runefangs? And what about lets say Kurt Helbord - in TT he's got Runegang and Laurels of Victory. In CoW he's got only Runefang. Did you give him LoV as well? I believe that all named heroes that have their own rules in TT should have their magic items from the start with them.
    Yes, Grudge passes from king to king Yes, I made common Csteed for heroes, and I'll check those armors
    Aren't the Runefangs passing on? If so, I can make them to do that for next release We try to add as much unique stuff for heroes as we can come up, and some is already done, like Gotrex axe, and felix for Gotrek. Noticed that axe's description is missing in OP, added it.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Gotrek's axe (for Gotrek)
    Battleaxe imbued with powerful rune magic, having gained this weapon during his first excursion into the northern Chaos Wastes, where he recovered it from the dead son of King Thangrim Firebeard. Gotrek's axe is as powerful as that wielded by the dwarven High King, Thorgrim Grudgebearer. This weapon was the Runemaster's Axe of the lost dwarven fortress of Karag Dum, and supposedly previously belonged to the dwarven deity Grimnir. The elven mage Teclis once read the magical aura of Gotrek, and determined that immense power is flowing from the axe and slowly changing The Slayer into something greater than an ordinary dwarf.

And for example Dragon bow for Valmnir (Ostland) in next release

Ok i checked them;
    Armour of Ursun exist in-game, but it doesn't have triggers, so it's not in-game, so only ours will be.
    Armour of Tarnus is already in-game, so We'll have to think that one again.

Thanks again for noticing that

Senator

could you also add the dragon crown and throne of power to be added to every new high king?

Yes

Wtf is this? i reinstalled sub-mod many times and nothing... i think new version have some bugs and it makes us to CTD becuse when i won/loose battle and i shoud get new item (after executoning prisions) i have CTR ...am sure it's this submod foult ;( can some 1 fix it or upload older version?
    Last edited by Klierowski; February 20, 2010 at 03:30 PM.
    All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan uvvas.

Can you post log?
    I doubt it's one of my ancs, since I have tryed almost all of them ingame..
    I have had few CTD's after huge battles also without these ancs.. Altought new translations were added in new version, so it could be that too, but I doubt it..
    And if you re-instal this, it makes ancs random for save files, it's not save game compatible (as I see you have Urskin for Grimgor).

But could you send the log, so I could check it?

Edit:
    After I thinked it, actually I haven't added any ancs for Orcs, which they could get after battle.
    Only ones I have added for Orcs, are Orc head (for leader), maggot (for Ruglud), and Dwarf trinket (trigger in the beginning)

But I'll check the file again I have uploaded, if there's mistakes..
    Last edited by Kahvipannu; February 20, 2010 at 04:00 PM.

Senator

i checked my log and i think there was an error,(i fixed it myself so i cant post the log) but in the ancillaries triggers for rindban slave market building doesn't exist, i replaced it with dark elven slave market and the ancillaries started being aquired again.

Quote Originally Posted by Saladin View Post
    i checked my log and i think there was an error,(i fixed it myself so i cant post the log) but in the ancillaries triggers for rindban slave market building doesn't exist, i replaced it with dark elven slave market and the ancillaries started being aquired again.
    Hmm.. izanagi11 noticed it before, and I tought I fixed that, since I'm not having it Maybe it's just the file I have uploaded.. Well this shouldn't still cause CTD

I found three small typing errors from old ancs also, krotopo, mechizm, and mechogn. Thanks mate, I'll upload fix a bit later
    Last edited by Kahvipannu; February 21, 2010 at 12:22 AM.

Looks like there's small errors in traits too, like "perverted" isn't defined, there's problem with "intelligent" description (this fix can be found in Bug-thread). Exheir, and Divine Protection pagan, isn't defined either. Pagan priest isn't defined in export_vnvs_text.

I think I'll see if I can fix these too, and add fixed traits file with fixed ancs in download, since I propably have to modifye it anyways for next version.

Senator

cool. never know, might fix a random ctd.

Werebear's Avatar For Mother Russia

yes, we are working on traits now...

Great mod Kahvipannu. I only noticed a small issue, regarding the Potion of Vitality, I got two of them, the older and your version for my character. I know it's a small bug, but I'm just reporting it to you!
    Again awesome job, those traits really make my generals Epic!

Yes. thank you.
    I'll fix that for next version.
    And lucky general

Yeah I think he'll live forever ^^ hahaha