Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What Is Hell Like?

Default What Is Hell Like?

i dont know, what do you think hell is like? All i can think of is like a fire and magma.

Osceola's Avatar Protector Domesticus

From what I've been taught, maggots eating at your skin and total darkness.
    Team Member <3

I had a dream a man took me to hell to retreive something. Weird eh? Anyway I remember him saying "Don't eat to much, It's so sickening down there you'll throw it up"

I don't remember the trip itself, but i do remember that.

Dreams like that are truely scary as hell, no pun intended.

There could be a million different answers for this, but one of the concepts I heard is that Hell is simply the realization that you'll never be with God for eternity. I've also heard that the place was very, very cold since it was devoid of God's presence.

The first concept I heard from a parent, the other was told to me by a Religious Education teacher. I don't take their words as truth, although it would be easy to do because I trust both people, but they certainly are something in the way of an explanation however dubious. After all, aside from text written by men, how could we really know that hell even existed let alone what it was like?
    A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side.

visigothe's Avatar Biarchus

there is no hell it was a sick scam to bully uneducated peasants into converting to Christianity

Outlined against a blue, grey October Sky the four horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore they are known as famine, pestilence, destruction and death. These are only aliases. Their real names are Stuhldreher, Miller, Crowley and Layden.

Default Hell is the others

Hell must be a fun place. It has now been firmly established that god is evil. Therefore, as Lucifer rebelled against his rule, he must be a pretty swell guy. What follows is that you'll have a great time in Hell, while Heaven must be a dreary place, full of apologists of evil.

Hell is Heaven, and Heaven is Hell.

yea man lucifers a real angel

Outlined against a blue, grey October Sky the four horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore they are known as famine, pestilence, destruction and death. These are only aliases. Their real names are Stuhldreher, Miller, Crowley and Layden.

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Read Dante Alighierri's Inferno. Thats pretty much sums it up.

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Hot? And supposedly exothermic.

Quote Originally Posted by therussian91
    That's just his view, I don't think it's recognized by the church (or is it?).

Garbarsardar's Avatar Et Slot i et slot
    Patrician Tribune Citizen Magistrate Administrator Emeritus

Hell is a place full of priests and mullahs. It also appears under the nickname "extreme religious paradise". Allegedly it is run by Bill Gates with the support of billions insurance agents.

The good thing is that overclocking is obligatory there,since it raises the heat levels.

Quote Originally Posted by therussian91
    Reading it in school right now, great book, but ya, its his own view of hell, and not recognized by the church.

MaximiIian's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Tigran of Sasoun
    i dont know, what do you think hell is like? All i can think of is like a fire and magma.
    It doesn't exist, so it looks like nothing. Duh.

Civis

Supposedly you would feel constant pain as in an arm ripping off, leg ripping off. Constant burning and fire. And it would be beyond worse than we could ever imagine.

Kscott's Avatar New and Improved!

What is hell? Good question. If you ask eastern philosphy it is virtually the wheel of life.. Chrisitan version, i would say its fire and brimstone..

My version... Very unsure it exist, though i would imagine it is whatever you dont want..

Eskimos viewed hell as cold...
    Jews viewed it as hot...
    See a connection?

Patron of Basileous Leandros I/Grimsta/rez/ Aemilianus/Publius/ Vizigothe/Ahiga /Zhuge_Liang Under Patronage of Lord Rahl
    MY TWC HISTORY

MaximiIian's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by halfdone
    And it would be beyond worse than we could ever imagine.
    You mean constant airing, with no commercials, of reruns of telletubbies and barney?
    Hmmm...that does sound horrible.

Because hell is usually visioned as struggle and pain, some see it as our life on earth is hell, and we are all going to a better place later....

I think that hell is composed of various tortures, like being roomed with a person you truly hate, but can never kill. Fire and brimstone sound way too tame. But the again, me and a friend decided that hell would have the coolest parties since no rock or rap star would be let into heaven. The Mormans in heaven can have Celion Dion for all I care.
    There are three things I love son, and you're not one of them.

A dark room with one song played over and over again full blasted for eternity.

this is quickly turning into an extistential hell discussion

i imagine it being two people i despise beyond all reason trapped in a room with me and i cant kill them, cant sleep and cant leave

that would be hell

i wish i could remember that play, i read it in school that was the scenario the one guy was a reporter

who knows the answer

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by vizigothe
    this is quickly turning into an extistential hell discussion

i imagine it being two people i despise beyond all reason trapped in a room with me and i cant kill them, cant sleep and cant leave

that would be hell

i wish i could remember that play, i read it in school that was the scenario the one guy was a reporter
    It's "No Exit", I think by Sartre? But I'm not entirely sure.

Personally I've been more and more convinced Hell doesn't exist. It's not mentioned once in the Bible (the original text that is, newer versions actually add references!), and Lucifer is largely a non-Christian invention that caught on real well. Europeans are suckers for punishment Plus, I just see it as simply as this: only humans are evil enough to dream up something so terrible. Think about it, people can imagine possible Hell's that seem pretty convincing as descriptions of eternal torture, but NO ONE can posit a good idea of what Heaven is like, without resorting to physical pleasures like the "70 virgins" idea. Seems clear to me that we invented Hell, since we couldn't understand how Heaven works.

Under the patronage of Last_Crusader.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast