Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dont Preorder/Buy NTW!

Default Dont Preorder/Buy NTW!

We can all agree that ETW release was a mess and we have been lied to by CA, so i wont go into details (look at my sig for them lol) But theres nothing we can do about that, we must look forward at NTW, the only way that CA will listen to us and fix things is if we stop giving them money, please please dont preorder and dont buy it until proper reviews come out, IGN gave ETW a 9/10 which is insane. Will you make your wallet heard or will be blind and buy it when it comes out?
    I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you F___ with me, I'll kill you all.
    - Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders

Nostalgia aint as good as it used to be

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Dont Preorder/Buy NTW!

I'll buy NTW on the first day!!

me too, i still have fun with empire so there's no reason for me not to buy Napoleon: TW

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

Too late. Already pre-ordered
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

The only way CA will listen is if you don't given them money and nobody steps in to replace your market share.

A much better idea than boycotting is to get people to commit to telling 10 people, making 10 comments on other sites, etc, or some combination thereof, that CA is a bad company and ETW is terrible. I'm not proposing that, I'm just saying that would do exponentially more damage, because word of mouth is marketing that consumers take seriously and the people you tell will probably pass it along.

you should make a steam or facebook group

NO my dreams are crumbling! the proletariat will remain under the heels of their CA overlords!
    I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you F___ with me, I'll kill you all.

Me too, the beastly OP wants me to go without my special pre-order unit!

Quote Originally Posted by Frost, colonel View Post
    Me too, the beastly OP wants me to go without my special pre-order unit!
    LOL not that! man up boy, make a sacrifice!

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Pre-orders may be canceled correct?

This time, let's not even think about buying this game until it's been out for a month.

I can think of several good reasons for this:

1.) It's a smart thing to do

2.) It's a smart thing to do

3.) Plenty of other games around for the addicts among us

Buy a good game from a company that respects its customers, mass effect 2 and bioware, to hold you over the 2 weeks or so until the whole scope of NTW comes into view.
    Last edited by Pickle_mole; January 29, 2010 at 04:22 PM.

Im with you, pre ordering NTW after ETW is as stupid a move as one can make...

Id much rather have AvP 3 or a lovely book...

Shoot coward! You are only going to kill a man!

Sol Invictus's Avatar Domesticus

Already with you Pickle. I will wait a week at least and get some feedback.

For the first time since the mightly Shogun I won't buy Napoleon at launch, funny considering that napoleonic warfare era is my preferit one. The tons of flaws and broken promises with Empire are enough for me. Maybe I will give it a try several months later, when the game will be a bit more de-bugged (trust me, you will find the same old bugs you found in all TW games) and after Darth's first releases.

I'm going to pre-order the game but if this game is as bad as Empire then I'll be done with the Total War series and encourage others to stay away from it. Its kind of silly to make Total War a game for casual gamers as thats not its market, its a game for hardcore players/history buffs. Let casual gamers stick to their party games.

in my opinion, if you bought ETW on release, and are familiar with the series and the company, and you still pre-order, you deserve the ass reaming you're very likely gonna get.

I canceled my order once I heard about the Ninjas returning to game during siege battles, just one phone call is all it took and you too can make a difference
    Last edited by Al Bundy; January 29, 2010 at 05:25 PM.
    "Sure selling shoes is fun. But behind the glamour, it's
    like any other minimum wage slow death."

Royalfork's Avatar Libertus

Who are you to tell me if I should buy a game or not, ill formulate my own opinion thank you.

Pro-opera Jungian's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Pickle_mole View Post
    We can all agree that ETW release was a mess and we have been lied to by CA, so i wont go into details (look at my sig for them lol) But theres nothing we can do about that, we must look forward at NTW, the only way that CA will listen to us and fix things is if we stop giving them money, please please dont preorder and dont buy it until proper reviews come out, IGN gave ETW a 9/10 which is insane. Will you make your wallet heard or will be blind and buy it when it comes out?
    As a minor note, I don't think all of us agree ETW was a mess, not only because it was the highest selling TW game to date but because it's my favorite.

But to the main point, all of those reasons are why not to buy ETW, not why not to buy Napoleon, they are seperate games. Aside from that I'd like to add that not purchasing it is not going to stop CA (if that is what you're trying to do.) I know two people who Napoleon Total war will be there first total war, so CA is not losing customers. If you don't want to pre-order it, then don't pre-order it. No one is forcing you to buy it. If you don't like NTW, than so be it, there's really nothing feasible you can do to change there company, because others (like myself) will still buy it.

That reminds me, I need to pre-order mine today.
    Last edited by Pro-opera Jungian; January 29, 2010 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Royalfork View Post
    Who are you to tell me if I should buy a game or not, ill formulate my own opinion thank you.
    I think hes name was Pickle Mole and its called freedom of speeeeeeeeeeeech
    "Sure selling shoes is fun. But behind the glamour, it's
    like any other minimum wage slow death."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast