Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Details leaked about Fallout: New Vegas

jarnomiedema's Avatar Artifex ad Infinitum

Default Details leaked about Fallout: New Vegas

Just came across this article this morning: http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=230645

Here's what is rumoured about the new Fallout game called "New Vegas":

• Similar to Dragon Age: Origins, at character creation the player can select from different background stories. The first few hours of the game are different depending on which background you choose, and you get some unique perks based on your background when the main game begins.

• One background story is shown, Chinese Agent. The background story takes place before the bombs fell. The player is part of a team of Crimson Dragoons infilitrating Hoover Dam. You manage to sneak through the Americans' defenses, set explosives, and head to an extraction point, but your escape is cut off by American soldiers in Power Armor. The player and other survivors of the Crimson Dragoons take refuge in a cave in the canyons, where they commit hari kari with cyanide capsules. The player about to do the same when the bombs fall. The background story ends an indeterminate time later, when the player exits the cave, removes his helmet, and sees his ghoulish reflection in the waters of the Colorado River.

• The background story segues into character creation. The player can customize the appearance of the ghoul, and you see you start the game with two unique perks. One, similar to the Ghoul Mask in Fallout 3, makes Feral Ghouls non-aggro. The other makes the player immune to radiation sickness and allows the player to discharge accumulated radiation in a blast similar to a Glowing Ghoul, healing the player and any mutants while damaging all non-mutants in range.

• By default, the Chinese Agent has the skills Sneak, Small Arms, and Explosives tagged and SPECIAL stats set, although the player can modify their tagged skills and stats if they don't like the template.

• One character background option is Lone Wanderer. This selection has no background story or template and is a complete blank slate for players.

• The SPECIAL system used will be similar to Fallout 3, but skills will be harder to cap and one character will not be able to become a master of all skills. The article is not very specific because apparently it's something the developers are still tweaking.

• Gambling will return, but not as a skill. Your Luck stat will effect gambling results. You can attempt to cheat at cards using your Sneak skill or hack slot machines using your Science skill.

• There will be vehicles. The desert of New Vegas dwarfs the Capital Wasteland and you will need transportation to get around and explore it. You will acquire a vehicle several hours into the main quest. You can customize your vehicle with parts bought at shops or won through racing circuits and quests. Vehicles will not be common, but you will encounter road gangs, merchant caravans, and other vehicles in the wastes. The open desert is home to some very large mutant creatures, like giant radscorpions and sandworms, that will attack your vehicle.

• New Vegas has a coliseum run by a slaver gang called the Caesar's Legion. You can gamble on and participate in arena fights.
    Sounds very interesting as far as I'm concerned! If it has the same moddability that Fallout 3 has, this game promises to take up quite a good deal of my time up to years after it has come out!

Under the patronage of his Estonian Eminence Trax

Default Re: Details leaked about Fallout: New Vegas

Still don't even know how it's going to play.

Lord of Lost Socks's Avatar Primicerius

Standalone or expansion?

“The human eye is a wonderful device. With a little effort, it can fail to see even the most glaring injustice.”

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Lost Socks View Post
    Standalone or expansion?

Well it said that the desert around Vegas (Nevada Desert) is bigger than the Captial wasteland so I'm guessing that it'll be a standalone (I hope) and the talk of vehicles has me really excited, one thing pops to mind Mad Max and thats pure awesomeness if they pull it off right.

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

It's standalone, because it has nothing to do with fallout 3's happenings

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Lord of Lost Socks's Avatar Primicerius

That.. I sweet. Now finish this and start working on another Elder Scrolls. And finish it before I finish New Vegas

Okay, not gonna happen

“The human eye is a wonderful device. With a little effort, it can fail to see even the most glaring injustice.”

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Lost Socks View Post
    That.. I sweet. Now finish this and start working on another Elder Scrolls. And finish it before I finish New Vegas

Okay, not gonna happen
    Beth isn't developing it, Obsidian is (They are made up of ex-black Isle Devs, and there version of F3 sounds strangely similar to this....)
    Hammer & Sickle - Karacharovo

And I drank it strait down.

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

I hope they keep the adult nature of Fo2.
    Still consider that to be the best Fallout game.

I remember blacking out around some super mutants and waking up with a ball gag in FO2, good times.

Fo2 was hillarious and excellent in so many ways ha ha And the gameplay was excellent, I bought it expecting that it would be a lesser Fallout 3 but it was totally diffrent, and I enjoyed it very much
    GO GERMANY WORLD CUP FIFA 2010!!!!

Captain Blackadder's Avatar A bastion of sanity

I am exited by this I feel that these former Black Isles are the best people to give the fallout franchise to it gives me the hope that much of Van Braun will now see the light of day the only dev that could be better would have being troika if it still exsisted.
    Patronised by happyho
    Patron of Thoragoros, Chilon
    Member of the Legion of Rahl

Quote Originally Posted by Kamos View Post
    I remember blacking out around some super mutants and waking up with a ball gag in FO2, good times.
    If you walk around on the carrier in San Francisco, people will make remarks regarding how you can still walk after such a pounding .

Omar Nelson B.'s Avatar Senator

Go see 'Book of Eli'..... makes me want to play more Fallout! The whole time all I could think about was if we had a fighting/hand-to-hand combat system even a bit close to this movie I think I would feint. We can hope.
    "Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants." Omar Bradley
    Pics

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

That little bit sounds pretty cool, but I haven't heard much else about it.
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

Tis only rumours though none of the staff or development team at bethesda have clarified its truth

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Stason View Post
    Tis only rumours though none of the staff or development team at bethesda have clarified its truth
    Fallout: New Vegas is an upcoming game announced by Bethesda Softworks on April 20, 2009 at its London showcase.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

And it's not developed by Bethesda either so why would their development team announce it ?

gambit's Avatar Gorak

Sounds like a lot of steps in the right direction, and Obsidian could do a great job.

Cant wait for more news
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter S. Thompson
    You better take care of me, Lord. If you dont.. you're gonna have me on your hands

Quote Originally Posted by Hopit View Post
    Fallout: New Vegas is an upcoming game announced by Bethesda Softworks on April 20, 2009 at its London showcase.
    I was clearly talking about this leaked info of what game play is going to be like.

10 points though for dumb aproach.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Stason View Post
    I was clearly talking about this leaked info of what game play is going to be like.

10 points though for dumb aproach.
    And again, you said
    And again, this isn't being developed by Bethesda so why would they confirm or deny it ?
    They got nothing to do with the development of the game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast