Page 9 of 199 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459109 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Your Questions Here!

Croaton's Avatar Libertus

Icon8 Re: Ask Your Questions Here!

Thank you

I expected RK to attack me but not after 10 turns . However, the key can be to kill Dunland very fast. I don't know how it can be possible, cause the rebellions always take at least one city back to Dunland. After this, its impossible to kill them before RK betrays me.

Hmm... maybe I need to restart the campaign on the 'home tea' difficulty level .

Btw the expansion is great \o/, I found no bug yet , no CTD, no crashes. EAX is working very good, the sounds and music are awesome!
    Great work!

And RK...will pay a very high price for being a traitor
    "Every man dies. Not every man truly lives."

Lykaor's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Ask Your Questions Here!

How to run the mod on rtw gold?

greets

You need to check if you've got version 1.4 or 1.6 (got to the menu, Options, check top right corner). If you've got 1.4, you need to install the 1.6 patch (link in announcement thread).

Lykaor's Avatar Tiro

Arrgh...don't get to run...

Installed it, waited about a quarter-hour ( this 'prepare-time'), installed the patch and run the game (with forth eorlingas.exe on desktop) an got the error: "Script Error in bi/ci\data7desrc_mount.txt, at line 485, column 1.
    Could not find battle model for mount '4amount horsekoda'.
    What did I do wrong?
    Last edited by Lykaor; February 04, 2007 at 02:56 PM.

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

The models are in there so you must have installed it incorrectly though I do not see how as it's pretty hard to get wrong. Maybe some kind of glitch or download error.

Try it again and do ask if any part of the procedure is not clear.

Send me your descr_mount.txt file if it fails again (in bi/ci/data/) so I can check it.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Lykaor's Avatar Tiro

One part is actually not clear...where do I have to install it? .../The Creative Assembly/Rome - Total War or .../The Creative Assembly/Rome - Total War/BI ?

The first.

wondering about recruiting generals. can rohan have more types of generals like gondor's knights of Dal Amroth, ithilien archers, and kings gaurd.

like maybe special foot soldiers could be recruited from helms deep
    - beta tester for Paeninsula Italica

Rohan has the Helmingas which can be recruited in Helm's Deep.

You may be right - the rome total war directory is the standard and the default of the installer and so I assumed this would be followed.

Anyway, I have added this to the end of point 3 of the instructions at our main forum:

The correct path (unless you have changed it on your pc) will end with the Rome - Total War folder. (e.g. C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War).
    Apoc will update the other 47 forums on which it is posted :hmmm:

Probably asked before, but will the mod work on RTW Gold?
    Kill a few men and you're a murderer,
    kill a million and you're a conquerer.

Yes, if it is patched to 1.6 (not all Gold versions are) - and remember the pathing may be different for Gold too.

Great to hear
    I got gold and my BI game is automaticly patched to 1.6, so there´s nothing more to do for me then install it when my download is finished
    Kill a few men and you're a murderer,
    kill a million and you're a conquerer.

Lykaor's Avatar Tiro

I've downloaded the mod a second time, but I get the same error as last time....I'm going to send you my desrc_mount

Edit: how to attach attachments?
    Last edited by Lykaor; February 05, 2007 at 08:51 AM.

Stupid noob question ...This mod looks really good but, after install will I still be able to play vanilla R:TW/BI/Alexander???

Yes you will! That's the great thing with the mod switcher!

Boy, you folks weren't kidding when you said "an un-modded version" of BI is required. It's been a while since I've played BI and silly me, I forgot that I had installed Epistolary Richard's "Make All Factions Playable v1.2" in BI. I installed FE on top of this(unknowingly) and got as far as the campaign load screen which led to CTD. I tried re-patching 1.6 again but when I do I get "Rome:Totalwar BI-exe not detected". I can only hope that it's ER's mod doing this and not anything else wrong.

I was thinking of uninstalling BI completely and re patching 1.6 and going from there but if I get that "not detected" message again I'm screwed. Do you think this would work??

It looks like you folks really did an awesome job and I very much want to try this mod. Any suggestions you folks may have would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

I'm going a bit offtopic here, but since most of you guys are Tolkien fans could you help me out here?

I have the following Tolkien books:
    Lotr trilogy
    The Silmarillion
    The unfinished tales
    (and soon the children of hurin I hope)

Is there any other material of Middle-Earth besides that? I've read all of it and my hunger for it has only increased...
    I'm not retreating, I'm just advancing in another direction.

Cygnus: A reinstall usually works - to be sure you could delete the Activision folder manually after the un-installation.

Greyco: I cannot see The Hobbit in that list, which would be essential to read. There are also the books in the History of Middle-earth series (12 books, where Tolkien's son Christopher reveals more of his father's writings).

Quote Originally Posted by -apocalypsis- View Post

Greyco: I cannot see The Hobbit in that list, which would be essential to read. There are also the books in the History of Middle-earth series (12 books, where Tolkien's son Christopher reveals more of his father's writings).
    I have the Hobbit, just forgot to add it
    I don't have the History of Middle-earth series, I hope it contains some new material. But it might be hard to find because all the bookshops and liberaries I've been don't seem to have it. Might be that it isn't translated in Dutch. Might order them in English then.
    Thanks for the info
    Last edited by Greyco; February 11, 2007 at 07:16 AM.
    I'm not retreating, I'm just advancing in another direction.