Page 79 of 199 FirstFirst ... 2954697071727374757677787980818283848586878889104129179 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 3979

Thread: Ask Your Questions Here!

Default Re: Ask Your Questions Here!

We are aware, we've already taken anything that we could use from METW.

Éorl's Avatar Domesticus

We've permission to use models from various other mods already, and do use them. Fortunately, as things are currently going, we finally will be able to make our own models or customize existing ones to suit our needs. Stay tuned!

Edit remarks: Aradan was faster than me...
    I read this so called Bible, and found it to be a third rate story in which this so called 'jesus' is nothing more than a shameless lampooning of Brian, which has inspired joy and laughter in millions.
    -unknown YouTube user

Thangaror's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Éorl View Post
    customize existing ones to suit our needs. Stay tuned!
    Oh, that is indeed exiting.
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

Yop, can't wait so see those new units.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

I wish I could help with unit models...

I also wish I could play METW...But my computer supposedly won't run any TW game older than Rome. So oh well, I guess....
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    I also wish I could play METW...But my computer supposedly won't run any TW game older than Rome. So oh well, I guess....
    METW is also for Rome Total War Barbarian Invasion, so you should be able to play it.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Elphir of Dol Amroth View Post
    METW is also for Rome Total War Barbarian Invasion, so you should be able to play it.
    Really? I didn't know that...Can you give me a link for the download?
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Have a look here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...68#post9779868

This should be the latest build.
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    Really? I didn't know that...Can you give me a link for the download?
    The campaign isn't really playable though, but if you're interested in custom/historical battles I'll surely recommend the mod to you.

Isas's Avatar Laetus

Heya~,

I've been wondering for a while now - at least battle-wise while playing Rhûn - if there are negative traits for AI generals if they flee battles too often or lose too many battles. Though I agree that the AI needs strong noblemen with some crazy positve traits, I'm getting a bit annoyed that they face no penalty for being the chickens they are. If it'd be on Medium, I'd be okay with it but I'm playing on hard and my spies tell me that even after around 20 lost battles, that one noble never suffered any negative trait. Bastard's running around with 8 stars.

I really want him to get some moral losses, hit-point deductions on his bodyguard and especially some loss on his command ability. Having that guy run around with 8 stars is an insult to any general ever to command an army in any Total War game.

So - do traits like 'coward', 'pacifist', 'disgrace to his people', 'lousy commander', 'tree hugging poet', 'prefers to cull flowers' or 'without any victories' exist?
    And if not - are those planned for the DoM?

rant
    You can't imagine how bad I want to kill him. He's running away even *before* my army charges at him in a battle. He even flees when his army is still fighting me, stalling for time.
    I tried everything - even splitting my troops, hiding them in the woods, chasing him around - he never approaches any fighting and you really can imagine me foaming with red eyes in front of my laptop. I always need some comfort after I fought yet another battle against him as he gets stack after stack of new troops as reward for being... ... ... uhm... whatever he is. If it wasn't for those zillion movement points, I could catch him. D'oh.

Cheers~
    Isas

Quote Originally Posted by Isas View Post
    rant
    You can't imagine how bad I want to kill him. He's running away even *before* my army charges at him in a battle. He even flees when his army is still fighting me, stalling for time.
    I tried everything - even splitting my troops, hiding them in the woods, chasing him around - he never approaches any fighting and you really can imagine me foaming with red eyes in front of my laptop. I always need some comfort after I fought yet another battle against him as he gets stack after stack of new troops as reward for being... ... ... uhm... whatever he is. If it wasn't for those zillion movement points, I could catch him. D'oh.

I suppose this problem will still exist in DoM. Fourth Age TW has very small bodyguard units to dissuade the AI from any TW-ish suicide attacks. The problem is that this results in what you have written. I guess that once DoM is out, I'll just increase the size of all bodyguard units and lower their crazy stats. I mean, this is Middle Earth we're talking about. A general is simply expected to lead from the front, if he's not an orc. And even they had the decency to at least die in battle instead of running.

Traits like bad commander or coward are still in the code, however, so it's a little strange he wouldn't be getting these traits.

Éorl's Avatar Domesticus

You could simply change their unit type from skirmish to heavy cavalry or something similar in EDU - that way, they wouldn't evade you, but most likely countercharge instead.
    I read this so called Bible, and found it to be a third rate story in which this so called 'jesus' is nothing more than a shameless lampooning of Brian, which has inspired joy and laughter in millions.
    -unknown YouTube user

Would it be easy to remove those extra command traits AI gets? I would like to play a campaign with my limited interferance in battles (only with generals with high command maybe), so AI with overpowered commanders could be a bit to strong for my generals (I'll plan to enter battle but transfer troops to AI command).

Well, AI generals often try to flee. They actually seldom manage and will find some arrows in their arse.

But in general I have to say that sooner or later the AI general will be trapped in melee. Even Harad's bodyguard. Rhûn is somewhat different, but the main problem with the wains is, that you cannot send the cavalry to eliminate the general.

What is the reasoning behind being able to recruit Rohan Spears as 1/3, 1/2, or full eored?
    "Oh no! Uzbeks have drunk my battery fluid!"

Access to a smaller-sized 'militia' cavalry unit; other factions (that have access to their barracks before theoir stables) get infantry local levies. Rohan doesn't get cavalry levies of other factions' cavalry, so it gets smaller versions of its own.

It's been changed in DoM, recruitment is now streamlined, without any gaps for any faction at any level and makes perfect sense.

WRT traits: they'll be redone. The AI will probably have a smaller chance of receiving negative traits, because it sucks at using its characters.
    WRT bodyguard units: I don't want them large, because the AI uses them wrong and the player uses them to create invincible full-stacks. It's a trade-off... If generals were harder to come by, I'd increase unit size, but with recruitable generals, units that replenish themselves within a couple of turns and adoption offers every next turn, we have to make BG units somewhat underpowered to compensate. I'm open to persuasion though.
    Last edited by Aradan; October 01, 2011 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    WRT bodyguard units: I don't want them large, because the AI uses them wrong and the player uses them to create invincible full-stacks. It's a trade-off... If generals were harder to come by, I'd increase unit size, but with recruitable generals, units that replenish themselves within a couple of turns and adoption offers every next turn, we have to make BG units somewhat underpowered to compensate. I'm open to persuasion though.
    Well, in general the bodyguard's size is ok. IIRC the size of the bodyguard units is tied to the general's influence value, right? I think it'd be a good idea to connect it to the command value, which IMHO makes more sense.

Hardcoded.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    Hardcoded.
    The word every modder hates

Isas's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by The Sloth View Post
    I suppose this problem will still exist in DoM. Fourth Age TW has very small bodyguard units to dissuade the AI from any TW-ish suicide attacks. The problem is that this results in what you have written. I guess that once DoM is out, I'll just increase the size of all bodyguard units and lower their crazy stats. I mean, this is Middle Earth we're talking about. A general is simply expected to lead from the front, if he's not an orc. And even they had the decency to at least die in battle instead of running.

Traits like bad commander or coward are still in the code, however, so it's a little strange he wouldn't be getting these traits.
    Maybe he's just lucky. I just wanted to confirm if they are there and he just didn't get one by chance or if it simply doesn't exist in the mod. This way I still can get motivated chasing him around as he'll be bound to get one eventually. Else I'd have to ignore him from now on.

I'm actually fine with the generals behavior itself. He's a mounted archer and I killed nearly everyone of the royal family so far. Even from a realistic standpoint he'd have to stay alive no matter what with his father being 60 and him being the heir - on that part I find battles in Fourth Age a lot more challenging than in most Total War Games where they just charge after your general and storm into your spearmen or even pikemen.

@Thangaror:
    That was true for every other Herad general so far but not for this one. He flees with his army still standing, morale up high and while they actually approach me. No idea if I caused some strange bug there or if he's just clever enough to not get his faction wiped out due to a dead royal family. *grin*
    He avoids any fighting and I can't catch up to a fleeing cavalry unit that never approaches any fighting, except I get him on the map a second time which I didn't manage so far.