Page 77 of 199 FirstFirst ... 2752676869707172737475767778798081828384858687102127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 3979

Thread: Ask Your Questions Here!

Thangaror's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Ask Your Questions Here!

I stumbled over some bugs and issues, though you might have already fixed these.

1) The walls of Minas Tirith and of the Hornburg provide the settlment with: "None"
    2) There are no trade routes etablished between the harbour in Andrast and other harbours
    3) River Serni course is slightly wrong. In game it flows past Linhir in the south, on the maps provided in the book it joins River Gilrain somewhat north-east to the city (or within the city, it's not that clear).

I also have problems to maintain order in conquered cities, if these are bigger and more advanced. I actually have to exterminate the population, else even a full-stack garrison won't be of any use. That's ok if you're playing the bad guys, but playing RK (and to a degree Rohan) this feels somewhat wrong. Problem might be solved if the "is_peasant" trait is removed from RK units (except maybe militia and bowmen).

Another things that frustrates me, is that the FMs do have a tendency to become real corrupt bastards. E.g. the King of the RK is a real glutton, having a 70% penalty on tax income. After the guys have been sitting in a city for some time, you'll have to exchange them (if you actually care). I think that the House-traits should prevent these negative traits to a degree, after all the Stewards have governed Gondor for a long long time without doing to much bad.
    Furthermore they are amateur generals. Most of their command they receive due to ancillaries. Now and then I there's a "good captain" around but I never get a better general. It's somewhat frustrating to fight battle after battle, seeing no progress in the general's skills, rather he'll develop traits like "indecisive attacker".
    I understand that you wanted to give an edge to the AI, but for the player it actually doesn't make a difference, whether there's a general or but a captain leading the army.
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

Fixed, fixed and fixed (I think, I'll check again) already.

Law & order (not the show) has not been reviewed completely yet, it's on my to-do list. Traits will be overhauled too.

EDIT: Actually I haven't fixed the Linhir thing, but it's tricky, RTW mapping doesn't allow much detail. I'll see what I can do about it.
    Last edited by Aradan; August 26, 2011 at 11:34 AM.

StealthEvo's Avatar Campidoctor

Without seeming to be slightly rude or anything, but my question about faction leader traits was ignored. I was actually genuinly curious about it. As it does give another dynamic to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthEvo View Post
    What are you thoughts @Development team.

On making a series of Faction Leader traits. As per the following. Here is one I made for the whole participative AAR thing i'm working on.

So here we have the King. Notice he has the Traits Evil Doer and Orcish which the combination of these two traits triggers (the meant to be hidden trait) EvilcounterII (there is a I as well)

After the turn passes a trigger for ALL characters fires based on the presence of EvilCounterI-II using FactionLeader Trait similar to how religion works based on the leaders religion and we have the King is ebil trait. Obviously I got my effects mixed up and it doesn't give the massive unrest penalty I wanted. But it's food for thought.
    I've already planned a series of traits like that, to make the faction leader's traits more important for the faction as a whole.

Clagius's Avatar Campidoctor

Does this mod use the same Graphics mod as RS2? If yes, can it be disabled?

Éorl's Avatar Domesticus

No. The RS II environments, while excellently done, do not account for the many unique features that Middle-earth has to offer. Mordor, Fangorn Forest, the Forest of Lorien, swamps - we have created a new landscape generation system, all custom ground textures and vegetation (trees) to account for all these. Also have a look at the Official Preview Screenshot thread in the sticky section to have a look at some of the environments.
    I read this so called Bible, and found it to be a third rate story in which this so called 'jesus' is nothing more than a shameless lampooning of Brian, which has inspired joy and laughter in millions.
    -unknown YouTube user

Clagius's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Éorl View Post
    No. The RS II environments, while excellently done, do not account for the many unique features that Middle-earth has to offer. Mordor, Fangorn Forest, the Forest of Lorien, swamps - we have created a new landscape generation system, all custom ground textures and vegetation (trees) to account for all these. Also have a look at the Official Preview Screenshot thread in the sticky section to have a look at some of the environments.
    Yeah, but I meant that graphics enchanter. Is it included? It causes lagg to me, I guess. Or then it was those HQ units of their.

Éorl's Avatar Domesticus

I see, you mean the bloom effect, right? No, we don't include it. We've striven to enhance the look of FATW without impairing performance, even on older PCs. Also, but that is strictly a matter of taste, I don't like the bloom effect in computer games in general, it is mostly overdone/overused and/or looks very unnatural.
    I read this so called Bible, and found it to be a third rate story in which this so called 'jesus' is nothing more than a shameless lampooning of Brian, which has inspired joy and laughter in millions.
    -unknown YouTube user

Is bloom used in MTW2? Cause it always looks to shiny to me?

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

I believe it is.

the thought just struck me: will any of the new factions have foot bodyguards? Other than the dwarves obviously

Yes.

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

RK has the white company. Probably elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    Yes.
    Your speeches seem to be longer than Obama's. How is that possible?

Lots of practise!

A bit on the late side but there's not been a lot of responses to questions so hoping I might be able to get one more in...

Modding & Middle Earth aside, tell us one thing about yourselves we wouldn't otherwise know (inspired by the episode of The Office with Brent 'going home to get his guitar').
    Emberverse: Total War - The Protectors War

Éorl's Avatar Domesticus

Modding & Middle Earth aside, tell us one thing about yourselves we wouldn't otherwise know (inspired by the episode of The Office with Brent 'going home to get his guitar').
    First of all, who is Brent, and who is responsible for him?

I don't have a guitar at home.

I like beer.

I have once designed a gravestone for a friend of mine whose mother died from cancer. My design was actually used, and made real in marble.

Upon graduating from the german equivalent of high school, I actually managed to manipulate our school's class of 95 (yes, I'm old) into turning the whole school into an asylum of insanity for a day.

I used to sleep through lectures at university.

I've seen more babys being born than 99,99% of all men on earth (not mine, though ).

I like to write (prose), but don't have much time for it due to other artsy stuff (and modding).

I was almost hit by a lightning (it hit a lamppost half a meter from me, I saw a flash and felt the current and thought I was dead - but I wasn't hurt, so I count myself lucky).
    -unknown YouTube user

OK, here goes.

I too love the (British) Office. But in the immortal words of David Brent: If you don't know me by now, you will never never never know me. Ooooooooooooo.

My wife and I just had our first child(ren): triplets. (And they say there's no such thing as human cloning...)

I once copied out the entire text of 'Sir Gawain and the Green Knight' by hand from a facsimile edition, as a way to get to know the poem better in its original language.

I am fascinated by medieval literature, especially Old English poetry ('Beowulf' is a favorite), the work of the 'Gawain'-poet, and the work of the 14th-century Welsh poet Dafydd ap Gwilym.

Every so often I try to learn another language. Usually a few months in, I become interested in something else. But I do know how to say "I am your father" in Chinese, so I feel like it's all been worthwhile.

Despite being an American, I still do not know how to play basketball, baseball, or (American) football.

I like to think that, if some apocalyptic event occurred that brought civilization to a state like that described in "The Road" or the "Fallout" games, I would be able to survive. If I'm really honest with myself, though, I know I'd be lucky to last a year.

I am a decent shot with a bow and arrow.

I have been known to lurk on forums for years and join mod teams just for the opportunity to say a few words about myself in posts.
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

Quote Originally Posted by Finrod Felagund View Post
    I moonlight as a serial killer.

What does that pay?
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...