Page 7 of 199 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257107 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Your Questions Here!

Default Re: Ask Your Questions Here!

what's the meaning of life?
    *cricket chirps* :hmmm:
    sorry i couldn't help it, i was wondering, where do you get all the ideas? I don't think there's too many resources with info on possible units, is any made up with your imaginations?

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

We have the books as our source and the artwork of Tolkien himself and official artists - and concept artists of course. But, yes, all the names and textures etc. are from imagination - though one based on the official text (and in the spirit of Tolkien where source text is not abundant on the matter).

This is one of the reasons why the mod has taken so long. Everything unit been built from scratch with no reference to strong imagery from movies or 'historical' pictures etc.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

so i get this correct? the demo only includes historical battle? no campaign?

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

The demo is custom battle and historical battle only, the first campaign, the Corsairs Invasion should be out soon from what MasterOfNone has said over msn.

Lusted, aka Cemendur ex-FATW team member.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

how long will it be untill the mod is fully finished?

is it a case of several months?

also are there any plans to make the mod for m2tw?
    Under the Patronage of Imb39
    Patron of julianus heraclius, TheFirstONeill, Boz and midnite

Yes and yes probably. Plans though, and to the first Q, it's just an estimation :wink:

Space Voyager's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Arakorn-eir
    Yes and yes probably. Plans though, and to the first Q, it's just an estimation :wink:
    Well, if it really is a matter of months it may not be worth finishing it on this platform and just do the skins, 3D models and 2D art for now. Than simply go for M2TW.

I just want to specify that when Arakorn is talking about months, he is talking about the full release, 'The New Shadow'. We are close to a release with 'Corsair Invasion' - very close...

Angmar_nite's Avatar Domesticus
    Spearheading the 57000 dollar average salary invasion!!!!!!! CHINA WILL DOMINATE YOU ALL!!!!

lol saved half your fans Arakorn with that statement
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapax
    I guess in modern russia, tank builds you.

Croaton's Avatar Libertus

Hi everyone!

The Corsair Invasion is awesome, I really like it!! Very good mod

But I have a little problem . The game works fine on the strategy map, all sounds are okay, everything perfect. But when I enter into the battle map to play a battle, the game freezes out in 2 mins. Sometimes it freezes after 10 seconds, sometimes after one minute. It freezes exactly when I click on one unit...doesnt matter on which, when I click on it too choose it, in the same moment the freeze comes , just before the unit name spoken. But it can be the first unit I choose, or the 10th or another, I cannot find any logic why the game freezes... . For example first I choose all my bowmen one by one (thats 4), and then I choose two swordsmen. After this I go back to choose one bowmen again, and bamm, the freeze comes. On the strategy map, theres no problem like this.
    My resolution 1280x1024x32 on both map. Now I've changed the resolution, and turned off all advanced options to see whats happening. Problem is the same . I played several mods through with the same video setup and all worked fine, so I guess I need to delete a file to solve this freeze problem . But what file is the wrong one? Do you have any idea?

Pls...because I don't want to play auto battles, the whole point in the game are the battles and I cannot enjoy them atm

PS: I did the install exactly on the way mentioned in the main topic. So the problem is not there I guess.

Thank you very much

Which Sound Provider do you have under Audio Options? Try setting it to Miles Fast 2D.

I tried it with all options available, and it wasn't help . I try to mute sound now.. lets see.

Hmm, sound is really not my area. Maybe Arakorn can help you. Will direct him to this thread, if he doesn't make an appearance by himself.

If nothing else works, try to go to Activision/Rome - Total War/bi/ci/preferences and open preferences.txt. Scroll down and find ENABLE_UNIT_SPEECH:TRUE - change that to ENABLE_UNIT_SPEECH:FALSE

I solved it

Reinstalled audio driver and set the Miles fast 2D again. And now it works

Thank you m8, I'm really happy now . Oh, and one small bug I found: if you make ships in the city of Tarnost, they will appear in the dock of Edhellond. But you cannot click on them, so cannot move them out . Maybe if you release a patch or something else, you can examine this little problem. Not a big deal though.

Thanks the help again!

Yeah, that's a known issue. If you right click on 'Army', you'll get a list of all your armies and fleets, and you can choose the ships from there.

I'm glad you worked it out!

Good work Apoc (and Croaton!).

Croaton - glad you are enjoying it; the Edhellond direct-access problem can be circumnavigated (if you'll excuse the nautical term) by right-clicking the armies tab in the lower pane of the interface and then selecting the naval unit from there.

lol. Pipped to the post. But maybe two explanations are better

Perfect, thank you, now I can move out my ships . However, it was too late, men of darkness already reached the shores and attacking my city. Well, playing on 'hard' means that you'll have some problems .

Would that be Bullroaring or Laughing At Live Dragons? :wink: