Page 59 of 199 FirstFirst ... 93449505152535455565758596061626364656667686984109159 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 3979

Thread: Ask Your Questions Here!

Revelo's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Ask Your Questions Here!

I'm wondering, that Dwarven settlement just north of Morder in the current map, what is it's pupose there? I realize it's there for the lore and due to the geography of the world, but will that become a part of the dwarven faction in 3.0? Is it there as a teaser at the moment? Also, can you take the settlement over and produce dwarven units?

Thangaror's Avatar Senator

Uhm, it has ever been there, even on very very old teasers that showed the campaign map and the owners of the region. Not sure if it'll remain there as part of the Erebor empire, but actually I doubt that it is removed. That wouldn't make a lot of sense.
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

Nope, you can't train Dwarves in the TNS campaign.

Just watch out for a deceptively small stack of rebel Dwarves if you're in the area... Something like 3 units of Miners just about wiped out a sizable stack of my Rhun army one time!
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

Quote Originally Posted by CountMRVHS View Post
    Nope, you can't train Dwarves in the TNS campaign.

Just watch out for a deceptively small stack of rebel Dwarves if you're in the area... Something like 3 units of Miners just about wiped out a sizable stack of my Rhun army one time!
    They kicked my horde rear end too - wasn't prepared to see three units hold off like twenty even when surrounded. And with chariot morale reducers.

Revelo's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Cocroach the great View Post
    They kicked my horde rear end too - wasn't prepared to see three units hold off like twenty even when surrounded. And with chariot morale reducers.
    Bloody hell didn't realize Dwarf miners were so badass. I sent a diplomat over there in the hopes of bribing them into joining me but there was no option Perhaps he was intimidated.

In fact, I always wondered why in my campaigns noone ever tried attacking them. I think we have the answer.

I still got them. I lured them out on the plains (on the campaign map) by retreating, surrounded and crushed them with 6 full stacks and autoresolve. Needless to tell you what I did with those bastards' city and their civilians...

Yeah, assaulting a Dwarf city ... I can't remember the details, but I'm pretty sure I cried at some point.

(even though I did win in the end)
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

Revelo's Avatar Decanus

I still got them. I lured them out on the plains (on the campaign map) by retreating, surrounded and crushed them with 6 full stacks and autoresolve. Needless to tell you what I did with those bastards' city and their civilians...
    The fact you needed 6 full armies says it all I think Mumakill would run from those guys.

Yea, the miners are awesome! Despite being the Dwarves' "militia" unit.
    I can't remember, but I suspect what makes them badass in campaign is their experience. In Custom Battles, Dwarves don't perform that well (even Elves don't last long against a full-stack of Orcs. To far outnumbered).
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

Quote Originally Posted by Thangaror View Post
    Yea, the miners are awesome! Despite being the Dwarves' "militia" unit.
    I can't remember, but I suspect what makes them badass in campaign is their experience. In Custom Battles, Dwarves don't perform that well (even Elves don't last long against a full-stack of Orcs. To far outnumbered).
    Why should some elvish hippy whimps be even remotely compared to dwarven might and size?

Well, the reason for the Dwarves can withstand the Orcs is not their potbelly, you know.
    It's because they stink! Even more awful than Orcs can endure.

Dwarves own everything, I thought that this fact had been established already.

The tale of Legio IV Flavia Felix: After cowardice during the Revolt of 69-70 AD the IV Macedonian was reconstituted and renamed IV Flavia Felix, or "lucky legion" signifying its luck at not being dishonorably disbanded.

Revelo's Avatar Decanus

Why should some elvish hippy whimps be even remotely compared to dwarven might and size?
    Pansy Elves are nothing compared to Manly Dwarven Miners. Some say Balrogs run from them

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

...to dwarven might and size?....
    Can I point out the irony in that?

Has any thought been given to having the Shire represented in the full map?

Perhaps a rebel province with some resident Hobbit archers and other appropriate Hobbit solders?

The Shire could have ancillaries associated with it like gardeners to increase farming output, mothoms to annoyingly take up ancillary slots, Hobbit burglars to increase viewing range.

Quote Originally Posted by Wambat View Post
    Has any thought been given to having the Shire represented in the full map?

Perhaps a rebel province with some resident Hobbit archers and other appropriate Hobbit solders?

The Shire could have ancillaries associated with it like gardeners to increase farming output, mothoms to annoyingly take up ancillary slots, Hobbit burglars to increase viewing range.
    There will probably be a "something". For example the Mallorn of Bagend could be a marvel or wonder. Though I apply for "The Green Dragon" were the best beer of the Shire can be found!

For sure there will be Hobbit ancs. But some won't be of any use: All the increase of farming output due to a hobbit gardener is eaten by the huge family he brings along.
    Burglars won't be approriate I think, but some sort of spy.

Revelo's Avatar Decanus

I have a question relating to an small issue. I just wiped out the Kingdom of Adunabar, one member of their family (the King) was not in a city when I destroyed them so he is now a rebel leader. I want to bribe him into my family but my Diplomat does not have enough influence for the bribe option. Does anyone know anything I can do to get the guy onto my side? I assume there is a console command.

It's been reported ex-kings are not available for bribing. You could try with a force-diplomacy script, though it won't help if the bribe option is never available.

The Shire is represented.

Thats right? Time for the hobbis to REPRESENT, and/or time for hobbit hordes to conquer the world

The tale of Legio IV Flavia Felix: After cowardice during the Revolt of 69-70 AD the IV Macedonian was reconstituted and renamed IV Flavia Felix, or "lucky legion" signifying its luck at not being dishonorably disbanded.

Revelo's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    It's been reported ex-kings are not available for bribing. You could try with a force-diplomacy script, though it won't help if the bribe option is never available.

The Shire is represented.
    Actually I used the console to increase the Diplomat's Influence and I managed to bribe the ex-king. He just had Heurmor so there little point having him, I was hoping for ther Palantir of Minas Anor or the Westemnet Blade.

Which leads to my next question, what exactly are the required conditions if playing as the RK to earn those two Ancs? One playthrough gave me the Westemnet Blade but I wasn't sure how. Is there any console commands so I can aquire those two items?