Page 58 of 199 FirstFirst ... 83348495051525354555657585960616263646566676883108158 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 3979

Thread: Ask Your Questions Here!

Athenogoras's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Ask Your Questions Here!

Why do they walk slower than spearmen in shieldwall?
    I dont think vanilla bi had any swordsmen in shieldwall? It is only really a problem for the AI...and only really if they are set to shieldwall in the formationsfile(which they arent anymore). But still it would be a worthwhile addition I think.

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

I guess it's their animation. CA made it that way.

Athenogoras's Avatar Campidoctor

Yes...but Eorl can change it....he´s a genius...or so I´m told

Quote Originally Posted by Athenogoras View Post
    I dont think vanilla bi had any swordsmen in shieldwall? It is only really a problem for the AI...and only really if they are set to shieldwall in the formationsfile(which they arent anymore). But still it would be a worthwhile addition I think.
    Saxon Hearth Troops

We don't have animators in the team.

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

Swordsmen are offensive troops. So no real point in the shieldwall.

Swordsmen are troops for everything, actually. Axemen are a good example of offensive units, since they are useless in defence. Swordsmen on the other hand can be potent at both.

If we can fix the issue, we will; either way, we'll review the shield-wall ability's distribution.

okay... i have barbarian invasion 1.6 installed and i tryed to install a new shadow 2.0, i have never done this before so it should have worked fine but it says that error everytime, i was wondering if anyone had this problem and knew how to fix it

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    Some more details please. Which version did you install?
    okay... i have barbarian invasion 1.6 installed and i tryed to install a new shadow 2.0, i have never done this before so it should have worked fine but it says that error everytime, i was wondering if anyone had this problem and knew how to fix it
    Last edited by Aradan; January 25, 2011 at 03:27 PM.

I suggest you install 2.6. See this thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=365719

Instructions included.

Some more details please. Which version did you install?

i installed version 2.0 of the new shadow, i made sure barbarian invasion was 1.6 and it still came up with this error, idk how to fix it and was wondering what to do

Shield-wall essentially increases the soldiers' mass, making it harder to break through them. It's not bad if you want a very solid front, but it won't necessarily make your units much better. Also, use it along with 'defence mode', otherwise units will break formation, which is not a good idea while in shield-wall.

okay, i will try this, still don't see how this could be the problem, unless the original version of the game (2.0) is corrupt or something

The original version is not corrupt, you are probably installing something wrong; apart from that the 2.0 version had a .bat file that run in order to complete the installation, which doesn't run on all system/OS configurations for some reason. 2.6 full has a very straightforward installation procedure that won't go wrong, plus it's the most all-in-1 recent version of the mod, so why not use it.

Thangaror's Avatar Senator

I always put half of my infantry into shield wall (both spearmen and swordsmen) and the other half in standard formation in the second line. So I have a defence line holding the ground and mobile units to attack the enemy. Putting all spearmen in shield wall is never a good idea, for whence they are bound in melee you'll have no units left to pin down cavalry.

Anyway, IIRC the movement speed had something to do with the skeleton. Think I read this somewhere out here or on ModRealms.
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

I was wondering if you guys will add more units to the rosters of playable existing factions in the next version of FATW?

Yes, there will be new units available to most of the current factions, though their roster size at any given point won't change.

I hope that made sense; if not, patience.

Yes, there will be new units available to most of the current factions, though their roster size at any given point won't change.

So we loose some and get some?

Thangaror's Avatar Senator

Well, I think the factions that are already included in TNS don't need a change. Maybe a tweak here and there but nothing else.
    At least I hope you mean these factions, speaking of "current" ones.

Because the unit rosters of Dale and the Elves feel pretty incomplete and are severly lacking some unit types, so I think there's still lots of room for new ones. Dale lacks some better infantry, though this may be changed by editing the stats of existing units. Still there should be a realy heavy armoured infantry unit wearing dwarvish mail. Also they need some better cavalry (though this is maybe also just a matter of balancing), like "upgraded" Rhovanion Riders.

The Elves don't have any cavalry at all, besides the Gardh Rechyn which right now are more or less a bodyguard unit.
    Anyway especially for the Elves there's still lots of room for new units and I also think they need lots more, representing the different background of the "tribes" (dunno if still possible due to limitations of the ZoRs system).
    Sindar Axemen, Galadhrim Wardens, Nandor Spearmen and so on (NOLDOR! I wanna have uber Noldor Swordsmen! at last for a HB)

But from what I read here, the Elvish factions will be revamped anyway into something new. I'm pretty excited.
    Last edited by Thangaror; January 28, 2011 at 09:12 AM.
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

By current factions I meant the campaign-available factions of TNS.

Dale will has of course had a huge revamp; Dwarves and Elves are not that different (roster-wise), but still enhanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Stark1 View Post
    So we loose some and get some?
    Not exactly; all the units that were there previously still are (except Elves for RK and Dwarves for Rohan).
    Last edited by Aradan; January 28, 2011 at 04:30 PM.

yup yup, makes sense.