Page 4 of 199 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954104 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Your Questions Here!

Oh
    TRying RTW disc 1 now

It worked.

ty

Edit: And oh my goodness,these units look fantastic!
    Great work.
    Last edited by FallenCrow; November 20, 2005 at 01:36 PM.

No problem, Crow. Glad you like it. :original:

Apoc

James_14_4's Avatar Libertus

What will the difference be between the units of that of arnor and gondor!!!!!
    will minas tirith city of kings.... have 7 levels?
    will you have the men of dale as a faction?
    will the gondorion army have the same as in the books, i.e will it have the axeman of losenarch, and arches of morthrond, and men of ringlo vale etc... most notably yes but i have not found a post with this question in yet!!
    also how many men in a unit will the orcs get as in the demo men get 120 i think, and these must be amazingly better than the orcs as they had been defeated in the third age and as gondor now have a king their armys will have been re-united and will be much more able to fight and will have much more numbers...?
    And for the historical battles, in numerous texts written by tolkien it says of the retaking of moria by the dwarves, and i think gondors invasion of harad, so will these battles be able to be played r have they even been thought of yet?

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

There will mainly be subtle differences between gondor and arnor, but for higher level units there will be greater differences, arnor will have a lot more fur in its uniforms than gondor.
    Unfortunately this is nearly impossible in the RTw engine.
    Yes.
    Yes.
    Not sure yet - haven't balance tested the orcs yet.
    We will be including lots of historical battles.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

How can i become part of this mod for sumin perhaps research i have a great deal of knowledge about lord of the rings as ive read most of the books, e.g all of the history of middle earth volumes etc, i have posted already on the recruitmant page but there has been no reply so i jus fort i'll ask ere if ya get me!

We have no shortage of tolkien researchers, so we might not have a position avaliable.
    Creator of:
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.

ny otha positions?

Major König's Avatar Civitate

I have to say, I think orcs are underestimated. I'd rather have an army of men, but orcs are no slouches in battle either. Are they severely worse, like morale and armor wise?

Lusted as you sed the men of dale will be a faction what sort of units will they have??

Don't exactly know where suggestions go, so hopefully you won't get mad with me posting them here.

1. All of the models really ought to have a sword and scabbard on the left hip. Even the archers and the spearmen (since they would use swords when forced into close combat). It would make all of the models look even more accurate and cooler.
    2. I think that all of the models with capes should be extended all the way to the ground, as most of the characters in Lord of the Rings (or any other fantasy warriors) had them.

Just suggestions. Let me know what you think. Thanks for your time.

That's good ideas. But I'm not sure (as i'm not a graphics guy) that we can make em like taht, because it may take too many polygons of the models...

James: We have a roster for Dale, but we are not releasing it. Yet.

Apoc

The swords and scabbards have been done before. For examply nearly all of the models in the new Hegemony mod have swords and scabbards. Not being a modeller, I have no idea how to do this though. But hopefully you can find out. Extending the length would be necessary, since the Greeks tended to use short swords while most LOTR warriors had longswords.
    When you say polygon count, I'm assuming you're talking about the capes. Extending the capes to the ground would be pretty simple (I think), but I totally agree that it would be difficult if not impossible to get the thick and flowing capes like in the movie.

But thanks for listening and agreeing with me. Hopefully you'll find a way to make it work. Nevertheless, great mod. Hope it'll get even better.

We know that swords nad scabbards can be done thank you, but they add to the poly count of units which might result in slowdown in the final mod. Polygon count is to do with the whole model, we can extend the capes without adding to the poly count.
    Creator of:

i only sed what types of untis lyk spearman or summin not the whole lot bout um will they have good archers n can u jus tell me plz wat types ??

James: Yeah, they will have archers, spearmen, swordsmen, etc. Their archers will be pretty good, yes.

Apoc

Major König's Avatar Civitate

1: WIll minas Tirith have seven levels?

2:Will Lothlorien and Rivendell be equally and accurately represented on the battlemap as settlements that look like what the book describes?

3: Will orcs be signifacantly weak armor and morale wise?

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

We have previously explained that battle-map models will only be implemented in the first release if we have time. We certainly want to mod these but not at the expense of seriously delaying a release of a fully enjoyable strat map campaign.

It is of course our desire to ultimately bring out a full conversion, which would include battle-map models with unique cities.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Thanx apoc n no achilles, lusted sed minas tirith cant ave 7 levels as they can implement it on the game engine he also sed they havnt balance tested the orcs yet dunno bout da otha question

i have jus got 3ds max 7 how do i use it n i how do i re-model rome units or what file do i open pls help sum1!!