Page 29 of 199 FirstFirst ... 41920212223242526272829303132333435363738395479129 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Your Questions Here!

Saint_jimmyz's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Ask Your Questions Here!

My bad. Feel free to clean up the comments.
    Although this may disappoint some people, I am indeed alive, I just went inactive for three years.

No worries.

I play 4th age for quite some time, downloaded all (great music by the way), and all I can say, you guys ROCK!
    I was wondering, can you tell us is there any progress about next release and approximately when will it be released. I can't wait to play campaign with Elves or Dwarfs.
    Tnx in advance and keep up a superb work!
    Ceterum censeo, Carthaginem esse delendam!

Varjon's Avatar Praepositus

I know this has been asked dozens of times but I still ask it. Why factions for Dwarves and Elves aren't included? Tolkien stated that during Fourth Age Durin VII led Longbeards back to Khazad-dûm and restored its ancient might.

From Tolkien Gateway's article "Durin VII":

Durin VII (lived in the Fourth Age) was the last of the six reincarnations of Durin the Deathless and a descendant of Thorin III Stonehelm. Almost nothing is known of his life, but an unpublished paper1 by Tolkien stated that he led Durin's folk back Khazad-dûm and restored the ancient kingdom during the Fourth Age. There his house remained "until the world grew old and the Dwarves failed and the days of Durin's race were ended." The actions of Durin VII were prophesized at the time of the Battle of Five Armies. It is not known if Tolkien meant this interpretation to stand.
    Elves of Greenwood lived peacefully in Wood of Greenleaves for several years, though their fate was to depart for Aman or fade into rustic forest spirits.

They are not included *yet*, because it was an insanely huge task to maintain the quality level we aim for and release the mod featuring all factions at once. So we decided to do it step by step, to give the fans the opportunity to enjoy the parts we have completed, while we worked on the next release. When/if FATW is completed, Dwarves and Elves (and Dale) will be there as fully playable factions.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    They are not included *yet*, because it was an insanely huge task to maintain the quality level we aim for and release the mod featuring all factions at once. So we decided to do it step by step, to give the fans the opportunity to enjoy the parts we have completed, while we worked on the next release. When/if FATW is completed, Dwarves and Elves (and Dale) will be there as fully playable factions.
    That is definitely another thing to look forward to.

It seems I've discovered something that keeps me from playing..

I would start up the game, but when I want to start a campaign, it won't go through. It keeps saying "Pick an item from the list" or something like that. I see no list there other than "The_New_Shadow", and double clicking that has the same effect..

So when I quit to windows, I have a popup with this:

"Script Error in bi\ci/data/world/maps/campaign/the_new_shadow/descr_strat.txt, at line 11, column 1.
    Expected start date of campaign or battle."

Is there a way to fix this without doing anything drastic?

Quote Originally Posted by Archon_Romanus View Post
    It seems I've discovered something that keeps me from playing..

I would start up the game, but when I want to start a campaign, it won't go through. It keeps saying "Pick an item from the list" or something like that. I see no list there other than "The_New_Shadow", and double clicking that has the same effect..

So when I quit to windows, I have a popup with this:

"Script Error in bi\ci/data/world/maps/campaign/the_new_shadow/descr_strat.txt, at line 11, column 1.
    Expected start date of campaign or battle."

Is there a way to fix this without doing anything drastic?
    This is an error which usually means you have not patched your game to v1.6 before installing the mod. Find out which version you are currently running by going in-game, clicking on Options, and checking the top right corner. If you've got v1.4, uninstall the mod by deleting the "ci" folder, install the v1.6 patch, and reinstall the mod.

Have fun with the mod!

Alright thanks I'll try that.. I forgot to check

This Mod looks amazing! I will download it as soon as i get home tomorrow!

One question, how far along are you to implementing the elves in the main campaign?

Elves is not the only thing being implemented for the next version (and since it's a separate culture it's quite a lot of work) so it wouldn't be indicative of our general progress anyway.

Glad you're liking the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    Elves is not the only thing being implemented for the next version (and since it's a separate culture it's quite a lot of work) so it wouldn't be indicative of our general progress anyway.

Glad you're liking the game.

I have not actually played the game yet

I will be tomorrow when i get home!

You guys rock for taking time to make these mods!

Where would be the best place to submit an AAR? And also, how does one include screenshots with one?

I know this isn't mod related directly, but since the AAR is of the mod, and you guys seem familiar with it all, I hope it isn't out of place.

You can post it here and then we can include a link about it here.

First, you need to downlaod and install fraps. Then, you can take screenshots with it, which you can upload to imageshack or photobucket or directly to TWC as attachments, and then you post the uplaoded image urls inside [IMG][/IMG] tags. For example [IMG]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn55/billis_theo/VI2_SIGBANNER.jpg[/IMG]

Will there be bigger campaign map in future releases that will have the Eriador too?
    Proud Leader of:

Is there anything wrong with just using the Prt Scrn key to take screenshots, as opposed to fraps? (which I am confused by...I'm not sure what I need to do here)

Print Screen doesn't 'store' the image anywhere permanent, it just puts it in a temporary buffer which has place only for 1 image. So, every time you take a pic, you need to alt+tab, paste the image somewhere, save it, return to the game etc. Fraps automatically saves an image as a .bmp file every time you hit the F10 button, so you can take a billion pics without ever stoping the game. Other than than that, no difference.

Hi,
    im looking forward to trying your Mod as i havent done so sofar.
    What id like to know is, should i download and try "Corsair Invasion" and "Forth Eorlingas" first and play them in the right order?
    Or does "The new shadow" unit all there is?

Thanks

Matt

PS: Im glad theres people out there that have the skill and ideas to make stuff like this. Big thanks to you.

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Thanks V.

No, CI and FE are just old versions. There is a sticky at our official site which explains all this (we get the question a lot). We chose to release the mod in stages. The New Shadow (2.6) is the latest version and includes everything that was in CI and FE, so just download the build (2.0b) and patch (2.6) and 2.6 hotfix. Oh, and please do download the Musick Pack too as it adds much tot he atmosphere of the mod.

"The Wars of Men" and "The New Shadow for Rome Total War" are optional downloads, the latter is for those without BI and the former is for those who want faction-customized campaigns (and intro videos).
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men