Page 26 of 199 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132333435365176126 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Your Questions Here!

Default Re: Ask Your Questions Here!

You mean they do not appear on the "city" panel where all the constructed buildings are? That's weird. Can you please post a pic of a settlement's "city" panel and at the same time have the building-browser opened, so that we can see that the building *has* been built (browser) but it doesn't show up (city panel)? Thx

No in the city panel is but in real battle when I play in town I dont see it

The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
    Niccolo Machiavelli

Ah, that's what you mean. Well that depends on the settlement plans of each city level, which we haven't modded much (if at all), so it's possible (though I think they do show up). Battlemap editing hasn't been high on our priorities, as it is just cosmetic changes mostly and doesn't really affect gameplay. I guess things like that will be addressed at a proper time.

oki and in strat map is edoras with square wall can be possible change it to round wall I think that will be really cool and more real

The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
    Niccolo Machiavelli

That will require a new model and a careful interpretation of lore - under consideration though.

oooo good and generals ui card? All 2D grafic are great but when I see this cards I mean that Iam in RTW

Niccolo Machiavelli

The portraits have already been selected and edited in order to be as close to Middle-earth as possible, but it is a very time-consuming task to make all-new cards. Again, such matters might be addressed when other more important ones are resolved, as the Team now focuses on other plans.

Oki but will be good make new UI cards and the last question when will be next release I know that team doesnt discuss future but what do you think where can be possible to see some new factions in your mod? 3 monts or longer 6 months one year?

Niccolo Machiavelli

Yuko's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post

@ Masaky: Never tried with a no-CD version, I guess you'll have to experiment in order figure out. As said above, FATW is fully modfoldered, so it will not affect any vanilla files at all.
    thanks gonna try it

We *just* made a TRIPLE release! Obviously, the next release won't be happening next week... Please, enjoy what we have made for you and don't worry about the future so much. We have already stated a thousand times that if the map is expanded, then new factions will be included in it.

Ok, first off, I love the mod and have been playing it's many versions for a long time and have never had a problem with it...until now. I downloaded the new version a couple of days ago and for some reason I lose my saved games, I don't know why. Here's what I have done:

I start the game, choose the Rohan campaign, play for a bit, save the game, go back to the game, go back to the menu and choose load game to make sure the save is there and it is, but when I restart later the save is gone. I deleted all the saves prior to the new version and I see a saved game located here, C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\bi\ci\Batch\Rohan, but it is not available in the load screen. Any suggestions of how to fix this? Up until this new version I have not had any problems at all and am stumped. Thanks.

This is no problem, this is actually a feature. The save-games made under any faction-specific campaign are incompatible with all other campaigns except the one they originally belong too. So, instead of making the player prefix his saves in order to tell them apart, the .bat file has been made so that it automatically removes the save-games from the bi/ci/saves folder, saves them to theri respective faction-specific saves-folder and then adds the All-factions/original 2.6 campaign saves in the bi/ci/saves folder, so that if you start a new, plain campaign the saves will be compatible. If you instead choose to start a faction specific campaign, the .bat file will store your "main" campaign's savegames and will bring the specific faction-campaign's save-games to the bi.ci/saves folder.

Am I making sense? if not, here's it is in short: The saving system works fine (just tested it again) and your save games are stored in different folders to not allow the player to load a game from a mismatching campaign. Faction-specific saves should not be loaded with the main campaign.

Oki thanks for your time aradan I like this mod I play it from CI times and he change a lot and its going to be the greatest mod about LOTR......

BTW:when I save my game in Wars of men I cant play it becouse my save game isnt there in next launch game why?

Niccolo Machiavelli

Please refer to the post right above. if my explanation is not clear enough, I'll elaborate further.

Aradan: All seems to work after a reinstall. Thanks for a wonderful mod to you and all the others.

Hm is not working here is screen from bi/ci/batch/RK you can see file saves but when I play RK campaign I dont see any save why?

Niccolo Machiavelli

You made a save playing the RK-specific campaign (not the main campaign as RK!) and now the 'bi/ci/batch/RK/saves/' directory is empty? It does work for me... Anybody else having these problems?

I have the same problem. I have only played the RK specific campaign, and I can't load my saves.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Everything seems to be working fine for me... Maybe it's an incompatibility isue with the .bat file and your OS? But then the .bat would probably not run at all. Are you sure you are not closing the .bat file yourself?

I can't fix something that works for me, so if the problem still occurs, just do this:

Rename the bi/ci/saves folder to bi/ci/backup_saves
    Copy your bi/ci/Batch/RK/saves/ folder
    Paste it inside the bi/ci directory.

No, I have never closed the .bat... I will try your idea.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.