Page 25 of 199 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728293031323334355075125 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Your Questions Here!

Douchebag's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Ask Your Questions Here!

I did start a new campaign...like 50 times.

Well then I can honestly say that I am stumped.

Douchebag's Avatar Vicarius

ill just reinstall it.

There are sprites in the actual version ?

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Of course there are. But not for every single unit (there are for most). The sprites are ALL there in 2.5, for every unit/faction of the mod.

Ok, thanks. I have asked this because I have some framerate problems when I have many soldiers and battlefield...

~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Was that in Mordor? The new release also rescales some mordor battle-map textures for better performance (no quality loss).

No, especially in Ithilien... I haven't play in Mordor yet.

Wars of Men is out! Yay! But a question:

What does one need to do make it so that dwarves can be retrained at Aglarond and elves retrained in Ithilien with the way the mod and batch file work now?

I recognize that the team does not intend to have that be an official feature, but it was quite doable in the previous version. Am I overlooking something?

Otherwise, looking forward to playing. It seems like this will be great.

You will need to edit EDB as before, but now you will need to do it for the Main campaign's EDB as well, and you also have an extra possibility now. You can make Elves re-trainable only in the RK-specific campaign and Dwarves retrainable only in the Rohan-specific campaign, so the AI will never train them.

The files for each faction campaign are in bi/ci/data/Batch/[Faction-name]... These are used to replace the ones in the bi/ci/data each time the WoM is fired up.

Thanks. Looking forward to playing after I get this worked out.

Problem discovered.

When I try to play after running the batch file, I get this:

Script Error in bi\ci/data/descr_items.txt, at line 15, column 9.

include file not found in data/descr_items/: 'di spot items.txt"

This didn't happen in 2.5, so I'm afraid I must have done something wrong in downloading, as I haven't messed with the file. Help?
    Last edited by Elennsar; July 04, 2008 at 02:31 PM.

knight of virtue and valor's Avatar Praefectus
    In the nightmares of my foes (bakersfield, CALI, allright)

hello I am really glad about the new releases, so thanks for all that time that you must have spent making this....I know this seems ungrateful, but still I have a question: Are you ever going to make a EVIL faction. I don't mean a orc or two for corrupted men (you did a very good job with them) I mean a real deal evil faction that has zero mannish units, and is entirely made up of orcs, uriks, urik-hai, trolls, goblins, wargs, wains, and, if possible, huge grond like rams that can smash through walls and, oh yes, they could recruit all their units in any region they had "corrupted" enough from their different breeding pits. again thanks for all your had work this is not a complaint but a suggestion, I mean, you wouldn't have to create many new units, if any at all (though it would probably be a good idea to create a few new units for flavor), it would be hard, I am sure, but not as hard as making the other "from the ground up" factions. I think all the fans, especially me, would love to fight, and sometimes be, a truly orcish faction. Thanks again for the new release, I am downloading it now

EDIT: never mind I feel sort of dum now, I didn't read the FAQ telling me that your doing it one part of the full version at a time, so that people wouldn't have to wait a unreasoningly long time to get a updated version, I love you guys for saying that you would later release a full debugged, or at least mostly debugged, version that included orc as a faction. keep up the good work, I can hardly wait for the orcish faction!
    Last edited by knight of virtue and valor; July 04, 2008 at 04:19 PM.
    "WE WILL SMITE THE INVADERS FROM OUR SKIES! Though they sweep over our lands like the sands of winter, never again will we bow before them; never again endure their oppression; never again endure their tyranny. We will strike without warning and without mercy, fighting as one hand, one heart, one soul. We will shatter their dreams and haunt their nightmares, drenching our ancestors' graves with their blood. And as our last breath tears at their lungs; as we rise again from the ruins of our cities...they will know: Helghan belongs to the Helghast." -Scholar Visari

I have a problem with the mod. I've installed Wars of Mens and the hotfix.
    In the custom_locations.txt there is two custom maps "Field of Pellenor" and "Mordor Entrance". These maps don't appeare in the list ingame. Do you know why ?

how do help make the mod? plus the ?'s the guy before said.

Reposting this as it got buried, not intending to be redundant:

Problem discovered.

When I try to play after running the batch file, I get this:
    Script Error in bi\ci/data/descr_items.txt, at line 15, column 9.
    include file not found in data/descr_items/: 'di spot items.txt"
    This didn't happen in 2.5, so I'm afraid I must have done something wrong in downloading, as I haven't messed with the file. Help?

Has anyone else had this happen? I installed this (including the previous version) to Copy of Rome - Total War, to keep the "Rome - Total War" folder clean.

In Minas Tirith I am not sure about anywhere else, I can't build the Kings court diversification building.

Also the Elven mounted standard bearer is equipped with a knife, which would be a quite impractical on horse back.

Other than those, this is a fantastic mod and I am really enjoying my first FATW campaign.

Are in version 2,6 new building? Becouse Iam not sure but in rohan and dunland I see something new and when i build baracs I dont see them in battle why?

The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
    Niccolo Machiavelli

Yuko's Avatar Campidoctor

this mod works with no cd cracks?
    i crack my games so that i can preserve my cd but my rtw and bi are both onthe version 1.5 and 1.6

@ Al-Hassen Ibn Yasin: They don't appear, because they are outcommented (the game does not see them) If you remove the ";", they will work, but they are not supposed to be played for various reasons.

@ Elennsar: I've never seen this and there are no other reports about it. I'll look into it, but right now I'd suggest uninstalling and reinstalling. Also, FATW is fully modfoldered (all versions of it) and will therefore NOt touch at all your vanilla installation, it will remain clean, even after FATW installation.

@ Dom9127: The King's Court is supposed to be a centre to represent the King's authority and serve as his "palace" in each region. Obviously, it is not needed in Minas Tirith, where his actual palace and centre of government exists.

@ Masaky: Never tried with a no-CD version, I guess you'll have to experiment in order figure out. As said above, FATW is fully modfoldered, so it will not affect any vanilla files at all.

@ IVIarkI2I: Not sure what you mean there. Rohan has a new DB building, but that's about it. What exactly can you not see when you build it?

@ knight of virtue and valor: FATW is already the most debugged mod out there, I believe. Orcs will not be featured as a standalone faction however, for several reasons, ranging from lore and gameplay to time and resources constraints. They will be featured as rebel 'tribes' factions probably.

I dont see barracks when I build it

The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
    Niccolo Machiavelli