Page 17 of 199 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526274267117 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Your Questions Here!

Default Re: Ask Your Questions Here!

It adds music that has been specifically chosen for this mod and fits in well with Middle-earth. You do not need it, but we strongly recommend you to download and install it.

Goffredo's Avatar Civis

have you increased the life time of rk and adunabar generals and agents?I've noticed that they last a little longer than in vanilla BI,but I think that they die too young,often around 60's-70's.They are dunedain...almost all of them last more than 100 years old,especially the noble families...

Age is hardcoded, nothing we can do to help them live longer

Goffredo's Avatar Civis

strange I'd bet that they lasted a little longer than vanilla RTW...now that I think of it my actual king of the RK is 80 years old or even something more...

anyway another thing...in my actual campaign the dunlendish tribal pikemen hold their pike with only one hand while the other one is lifted in front of their head, holding just nothing at all... I think that is becuase their pikes are lowered,like a phalanx formation,while their hands hold the pike as it is lifted...sorry if I wasn't too clear but you know...after a hard day of study one's mental health becomes to fade away...

Yep, problem known and solved in the coming patch. It's incompatibility between their animation and the short_pike attribute.

Hmm, RTW is hardcoded to recognise Dunedain and give them age bonuses.

czePowerslave's Avatar Primicerius

Can there be elves as playable faction?

Now that's an original question!!

Elves will be in as a playable faction when and if the campaign gets expanded in a following major release.

Goffredo's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    .Hmm, RTW is hardcoded to recognise Dunedain and give them age bonuses.
    lol...my actual king, Atanamir the Executioner (yes,I like assasins) is 88 years old!

ok another little problem...wargs screming like horses when they die:hmmm:...
    ps:sorry for all this posts ,but I want this mod to be perfect!!!
    Last edited by Amroth; December 12, 2007 at 04:51 PM. Reason: dp

They´re pretending to be horses to discourage enemies nearby like their cavalry is dying

Wargs use horse animations, which are tied by hardcode to certain sounds that we cannot change because that will affect every horse in the game. I don't think anyone has found a solution for the horse animation/horse sounds problem yet...

We want FATW to be perfect too, as far as the engine allows.

Goffredo's Avatar Civis

Ok i'm here again with two more questions:
    1)the description of the spear of the serpent states that haradrian army never had need of a good spear unit because gondor is not famous for his cavalry,that's right...but why are all haradrian infantry units,except harondor swords and men of far harad, armed with spears?(i don't consider this a problem,i'm just curious)
    2)how about replacing the intro from barbarian invasion with one made for fatw?something like the trailer maybe...
    3)i just remebered anothr thing...i've noticed that you used a music from mtw for harad,is that so or am i wrong?
    ps:i must be VERY annoying with all my silly questions...but i REALLY love this mod and want to know as much as i can about it...so be prepared for other questions in the future!

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Questions, comments and constructive criticism are, as has been said, always welcomed. However, do spend some time reading the forums before posting as we find many of the comments made by public members have already been addressed (numerous times).

To answer your questions...

1. The point is that Harad has not developed anti-cavalry techniques in the same way as Dunland for example. Spear units are common, be there cavalry or not, and Harad is a land of numerous people and many units.

2. Unfortunately one of the hardcoded restrictions means an intro video cannot be part of a standard modfoldered build without overwriting vanilla

3. Yes, there is a piece of mtw music in there for Harad I chose it, thought it went well FATW music is either taken from the game itself (I think there are just 1 or 2 pieces of that) or from artists that have given permission for us to use their work.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

This isn't meant to nag, I'm just curious.

One of the "This mod will include..." things mentions new pre-battle speeches. In what I have (TNS, 2.4), no such thing. Yet. Did I misinstall something, or are the modders still working on those?

Not that I mind waiting.

If someone remembers...how would a general get the "self-maimed" trait (-2 hit points, -2 influence)? It apparently was written by a modder, as it sounds in flavor for this rather than the default game, but I may be missing something.

Keep up the great work.

Pre-battle speeches are one of those things which are hard to do right - and we aren't really bothering with them at the moment. Might be an idea to take it out of the FAQ...

'Self-maimed' is a hard-to-get trait - there is a simple, random check for it every end turn, meant to simulate a captain falling off his horse (rather than being thrown), hurting himself with his own sword, etc.

Ah. I hope you do make the pre-battle speeches, but I'm more interested in the game having all the other good stuff. Its just mildly disconcerting to hear "Now, you're probably wondering about the evening's entertainment..." from your Gondorian leader.

Oh well. The battles play very nicely, though. Is there a thematic reason or just some semblance of balance behind Gondor having the smallest units?

It fits the "high quality" approach, that's for sure, though.

Quote Originally Posted by czePowerslave View Post
    Can there be elves as playable faction?
    Oh piss off and go hug some trees! Dwarves will get their first before wusspants elves does.

According to lore the Dunedain were far less numerous than the other peoples of ME. That's why they get smaller units. There are also balance issues, but the main reason is lore.

Okay mod problem;
    I cannot run custom battles or campaign
    at Custom Battles; whenever I try to click the next arrow after picking troops, it keep taking me back to the Faction selection screen and then flatly refuse to go to troop selection screen.

at Provincal Campaign; I select the single item in the box, it kept saying to pick an item from the box even though i already had it selected.

The only thing I could play is the historical battles.

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Not a mod problem but and end-user problem

The most likely cause is that you do not have BI 1.6 as the instructions state.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Quote Originally Posted by Hurlbut View Post
    Oh piss off and go hug some trees! Dwarves will get their first before wusspants elves does.

bah...