Page 16 of 199 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425264166116 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Your Questions Here!

Default Re: Ask Your Questions Here!

Who made this FATW?

WImPyTjeH's Avatar Wimpy of the Sore Ass

Quote Originally Posted by Supreme commander View Post
    Who made this FATW?
    Eh.... Perhaps... The FATW-team ?

Apoc, Aradan, MasterOfNone, Arakorn, Balbor, Tittils, Spraeh, Xerex, Cronus,..

W

i was wondering, because harad seems to be the easiest faction to play with, that you could make it harder for them. you could make a schism in their belief system by making the area of umbar in harad somewhat shadow cult since they are black numenoreans and since herumor (mouth of sauron) was a black numenorean. it would make the haradrian campaign a lot harder and would bring a new twist to their campaign. i'm not sure whether or not it fits in with the lore or not. it would be nice, and i'm not sure you would go this far, but they would have to decide whether or not to be shadow cult or evil men.
    Last edited by monkeyman; November 15, 2007 at 06:54 PM.
    - beta tester for Paeninsula Italica

That's an interesting idea, perhaps we can do sth about that. But not to the extent that you suggest, where they have to choice to go both ways. This is a place especially reserved for our beloved Adunabar, and the next patch will have a tweak regarding this.

yeah i know i may have gone on a tangent there with making them have to chooses but i wanted to make sure that my idea got across and i'm glad it did. but if you did make the religion in the port regions like 40% shadow cult it might make there campaign harder with the threat of revolt in the beginning. also it would be nice, on another tangent, if the corsairs could be a faction if they did revolt or if called black numenoreans with new units :hmmm: .

Well, we don't have any such plans for Corsairs now, but we have given the regions near Umbar a small percentage of Cultists and now captain's from Umbar will also have a chance to become cultists too. We can't change this more, as the influence of the Cult in Umbar was more of the underground type.

like the generals in the region of umbar under harads control can become cultist?

Yes, and the agents have a small chance too.

two things:

1. will this change for shadow cult be added in a 3.0 or a 2.5 patch

2. also has the idea of making Khand a faction been dropped or is it still a possibility.

1)This change (and more) will be included in the next patch.

2) There's still a *slight* possibility, but not in the near future. Don't keep your hopes high in this matter.

Goffredo's Avatar Civis

I was wondering why,of all the spearmen unit of the game, only the dunlendish elite pikemen have the bonus fighting riders attribute

Quote Originally Posted by Goffredo View Post
    I was wondering why,of all the spearmen unit of the game, only the dunlendish elite pikemen have the bonus fighting riders attribute
    the reason might be is that the dunland people have to constantly fight the cavalry of rohan.

another question was it ever known to what happened to Grond, because that would be a sweet artifact that the leader of the Reunited Kingdom could have and could give them bonuses for seiges.

Grond didn't survive the Foruth Age and certainly a king of the reunited Kingdom would not use a siege weapon enchanted with dark spells. Ad an ancillary that weights some dozens of tons isn't really handy to keep with you at all times...

All spearmen of the mod have bonus against riders. Due to engine issues which damaged the unit balance we had to replace 'spear' attribute with 'light_spear', which has the same effects vs infantry and cavalry as 'spear', but does not trigger the appearance of "combat bonus against riders" message. The dunlendish elite pikemn were able to keep their 'spear' attribute because its unwanted effects are canceled by the 'short_pike' attribute they also have.
    I hope all that makes sense... Rest assured, all your spearmen will do great against riders.

Goffredo's Avatar Civis

you confirmed my thoughts,thanks...btw awsome mod

are uruk-hai recruitable by the orc-pits because if i remember corrctly didn't mordor also have uruk-hai in its arsenal at the end of the third age?

Adunabar can train Uruk-hai too, if they develop their Orc pits and also by their Diversification Buildings. Dunland cannot have Uruks though.

Thx, Goffredo!

Goffredo's Avatar Civis

another simple question.Why all my generals of the houses of Hurin and Galador,except the ones you get from the start of the campaign,do not get anymore their specific bodyguards(knights of dol-amroth and white company)?is it that normal or there's something wrong?

We cannot link a trait to a unit, so there is no way to tell the game to pick a specific bodyguard unit for certain family members. Captains that are born/adopted/married into your family will always have the King's Guards as BG.

You can always train more Knights of Dol Amroth of White Company captains, though these will not get the 'House of' trait, as they are not members of these houses by blood.

Goffredo's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    We cannot link a trait to a unit
    D'oh!!!I feared that...so I guees I have to keep my prince of dol-amroth with his king's guard bodyguard:hmmm:...I hope you'll find a way to solve this...yes it's a small problem but it's boring

What is the music pack for? Do I add it to the game somewhere?