Thread: Ask Your Questions Here!

Default Re: Ask Your Questions Here!

You can download every version of FATW here:
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-fourth...-war/downloads

Solid Snake's Avatar Vicarius

Great! Thank you very much! You might consider putting them on a Sticky or add it to the Download links thread
    Do check my AAR "The Proud Blood of Germania"
    Formerly known as JerichoOnlyFan.
    And my other AAR: "The Black Serpent"

Solid Snake's Avatar Vicarius

This is shameless advertising, but I have started a Harad AAR using your great mod, if you feel like it, do check it out.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...5#post14097095
    Do check my AAR "The Proud Blood of Germania"
    Formerly known as JerichoOnlyFan.
    And my other AAR: "The Black Serpent"

Great!
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

Civis

Will we see the Numenorean steel bows return as an easter egg?

Feanaro Curufinwe's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by The Angry Greek View Post
    Will we see the Numenorean steel bows return as an easter egg?
    Nah. I don't think anyone in the Fourth Age would know how to make them. Or have the physical prowess to use them.
    It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it.
    Proud supporter and fan of Fourth Age: Total War

Steel Bow Cave Troll Archers.

ExtremeBG's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Kamos View Post
    Steel Bow Cave Troll Archers.
    Riding giant boars.

Macedonia(FYROM) is Bulgarian. If you don't believe me, read a book.

What? That's ridiculous. Spiders.

Revelo's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Kamos View Post
    What? That's ridiculous. Spiders.
    Hobbit-Spider Calvary!

Xcuse me if this has been asked before, its just...154 pages in this thread alone, and many more Threads on this Forum so...didnt see it anywhere yet XD :

How would I go about playing the CI and FE releases of TFATW ? Install each of the minicampaigns into its own copy/pasted folder of Vanilla ?

Also, is it possible to provide fresh dl Links in the ModInfo Thread ? The GameFront Links do not work for WoM and the HotFix, files have been removed...and Deposit Files is pretty annyoing tbh .
    Last edited by Humanoid293; December 08, 2014 at 04:35 AM.
    "Sorry about that, son. But sometimes there's more to life than just livin'. Besides, you can't have a Kansas City Shuffle without a body."

Thangaror's Avatar Senator

Just install TNS, it contains the CI and FE releases. If you find a download somewhere, you could just install CI and FE and play the campaign, but honestly I don't see a reason to do so.
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

Do any of the Istari still linger in Middle-earth?

Well, no one has been able to determine Master Of None's true age...

In the mod, though, there are no Istari. They may be mentioned here and there, but in the Fourth Age magic is generally rarer than in the Third.

Welcome to the forums! Have a look around and let us know if you have any other questions. We're gearing up for a release this year (yikes!), so it's a great time to be here.

I browsed the Forums for a few days, searching for information . Could not find for instance information about the Lord titles of RK . In the process, I found many references to forums, websites and documents which are simply not available anymore . Does anyone still have any compiled Background Information/documentation for TNS ( or the previous release(S) , in case some stuff didnt change much ), or information how/Where I can access that Information, and is willing to share ?

Thanks

Good question; I'm not sure if there is a single document that covers TNS and is readily available. That said, we could answer your questions.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

I wonder whether it can occur that you will recieve cultic family member playing as one of the "good" manish factions. Also will it be possible to convert such a family member somehow? Excuse me if my questions alredy have been answered somwhere.

Yes, there is a chance that, say, the Reunited Kingdom may have a Cultic family member. There is also a chance that family members can switch from Men of the West or Men of Darkness to Cultic, and vice versa.

I believe that the factors involved in both scenarios are somewhat random, as well as being dependent upon any alignment-specific buildings in the settlement in question (so an RK general who spend a lot of time in a settlement with a Cultic temple may convert).

I'm fairly sure that's how it works, at any rate - though there could of course be changes.

Thanks for the welcome. I have more questions, this time concerning Herumor. The first is lore-related. The Herumor that appears in the mod (From the unfinished manuscript "The New Shadow) is the Mouth of Sauron. However, the name Herumor appears more than once in the Prof.'s writings. Herumor was also the name of Black Númenóreanlord of the Second Age. I guess what I'm asking is, is the Mouth of Sauron the same Herumor as the Second Age lord? Or just a namesake?

My second question is gameplay based. When playing as a Man of The West Adunabar, will it be possible to dispose of Herumor in some way?

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

I was also curious about Herumor. Alse will there be some orcs spamming as brigands in certain regions to represent orkish raids from their fortress in the mountains? Or you plan to add only manish brigands and the player will be able to fight orcs only when attacking the orc fortres or fighting Adunabar or Dunland?