Page 15 of 199 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324254065115 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Your Questions Here!

Default Re: Ask Your Questions Here!

What exactly is the cult of the shadow ? Is this morgoth creeping his slimy hands back in the ME ?

There are a few give aways in-game. Take a look at the Adunabar King's retinue... We intend to release a full story a bit later on.

Aetius's Avatar Vae victis

Quote Originally Posted by scannerfish View Post
    What exactly is the cult of the shadow ? Is this morgoth creeping his slimy hands back in the ME ?
    Well the king of adunabar is being corrupted by the Mouth of Sauron. He never was killed and escaped to the South. Im guessing the cult of the shadow could be compared to the numenorean time of Ar-Pharazon. The people become proud and reject the old gods for morgoth and immortality.

Maybe the mouth of sauron is trying to resurrect his master? I dont think sauron is dead...

Come to think of it Sauron would be an awesome FATW unit. When he attacked wth his mace enemies would fly, like when mumakil rampage into armies.
    Obviously that would be a bad idea for a campaign unit, but maybe for a historical battle of say....Dagorlad?
    Last edited by Aetius; August 10, 2007 at 12:12 PM.
    Blut und Boden

Nope, no Sauron in FATW, as that would be completely against the lore. But if you so badly want to play a battle with Sauron, then try LotR:TW. Wles has got The Battle of the Last Alliance as a historical battle.

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Hmmm..... What could the Mouth of Sauron be doing in the Fourth Age:hmmm:

And what is south of Umbar?

Seeking power for himself??

South of Umbar? Well more land, people, realms etc, what did you expect??

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Yes but power how? :hmmm:

lol! I know that but what are the lands called? Is there a map anywhere?

Aetius's Avatar Vae victis

I dont think Sauron was completely annihalated at the end of the third age. Just because his ring was destroyed doesnt mean he's gone forever. Unless of course he poured his life power into that stupid ring.... Im sure he could make a comeback.

South of Umbar? I found this map. Dont know how real it is but it shows all of ME.
    Map
    Last edited by Aetius; August 10, 2007 at 03:31 PM.
    Blut und Boden

No, Sauron wasn't destroyed forever, but because of connectinmg himself to the Ring his spirit lost almost all of his power when it was destroyed and he was reduced to a mere shadow, very very weak to do anything again.

I don't think this map is official...

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

It's not official, just a gaming fiction, like all such extended maps.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

You know I'm really thinking Eru is a lazy mofo with not cleaning out the trash.

anyway when I play as them I get rid of those retinues fast and just play them as they're trying to restore the glory of man and make them the masters of ME .

christof139's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    Yes, The New Shadow is the third installment of the FATW series. It includes FE and CI of course, so you just need TNS and it's patches.
    Thanx for clarifying that for me. Sometimes it's the little things in life that can be befuddling.

Thanx again, Chris

christof139's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Aetius View Post
    I dont think Sauron was completely annihalated at the end of the third age. Just because his ring was destroyed doesnt mean he's gone forever. Unless of course he poured his life power into that stupid ring.... Im sure he could make a comeback.

South of Umbar? I found this map. Dont know how real it is but it shows all of ME.
    Map
    That's the old ICE map from their ME RPG. In color, it looks great, and ICE built a believable histroy and culture to all the lands shown. There were more or less pragmatic and semi-evil to evil Elves in the southwest, the Court of Arda or something that I forget offhand, and many other lands from whence some of the ringwraiths came as explained in ICE books and the Mithril line of miniatures.

Chris

Seriously, how much HP does a general have???
    Countless times I've had gondorian generals completely surrounded, they're the only one left and I've got several units hacking away at them for an eternity and nothing happens. Just now I lost a battle because my two almost full units of orc champions with warcry were hacking away at a lone general long enough for another general from the reinforcements to come in and cause a chain rout.
    I seriously think I have not killed a single Reunited Kingdom general on the field once. The only times I kill them are in sieges when they have nowhere else to go.
    To put it nicely it is pretty annoying. More realistically, it makes me want to smash through my desk.
    I'm sure it doesn't help that I'm playing on VH as Dunland which seems to be the weakest faction by far. I have to fight the Reunited kingdom that not only has base stats higher than all of my units but the majority of their units are silver or gold chevrons...

Great mod though, but that reunited kingdom grr..

Reunited Kingdom has the most heavily armoured soldiers amongst the current campaign factions.
    The Bodyguard of course enjoys the very best of armour and also superior training (btw the chevrons are deducted from the unit's base attack so they are not unbalancing).
    Add to that that VH offers to the AI a +7 bonus to attack (though not on defense).
    The general himself has quite a few HP, say about 7 and of course ancs and traits can make him even stronger.

Overall this behaviour, though indeed a bit unrealistic, is more or less hardcoded. We cannot change the amount of HPs the general himself has, we cannot change the hardcoded AI difficulty bonus nor can we change the stats of the units, since those were coded based on the best unit balance system of any mod out there (to my knowledge).

A tip, to make you feel a bit better. Try to use missile fire to kill the general himself and after that use units with armour-piercing attacks.

Paul d's Avatar Praepositus

is it just me, or is the new historical battle a souped up version of the one from vanilla?

also, why can't i get on the fatw forums?(on the website of course)

No, it's not you, it's a FATW version of Badon Hill. Try to win it on VH!

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Try to win it on medium
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Paul d's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    Try to win it on medium
    Yeah I knoe, dammit, the RK leader keeps getting killed while my men are gaurding him.

wow great patch guys keep up the great work.

what historical battles do you think you might add over this like the battle of the crossing of the euri, pelennor fields, battle of the five armies.
    Last edited by monkeyman; September 26, 2007 at 03:23 PM.
    - beta tester for Paeninsula Italica