Page 14 of 199 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223243964114 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Your Questions Here!

Default Re: Ask Your Questions Here!

I say vh/h, as vh in battles makes the unit balancing in vain, but vh in campain means that the AI are tough.

Harad goes for Adunubar now.

WImPyTjeH's Avatar Wimpy of the Sore Ass

Quote Originally Posted by Alatar View Post
    I say vh/h, as vh in battles makes the unit balancing in vain, but vh in campain means that the AI are tough.

Harad goes for Adunubar now.
    Meh, Laughing at Live Dragons (Very Hard) gives all opponent factions 10000 extra per turn (which is harcoded). That makes it a bit unfair IMO. I think Hard is the best, but it's your call.

W
    Last edited by WImPyTjeH; August 03, 2007 at 04:45 AM.

I am in no way trying to rush the creators of FATW, i know they just recently release New Shadow, and it is brilliant!! But i was wondering what else will be included in the next part of FATW? Are you planning on incorporating the dwarves and elves next as these are two factions i would really like to try out on the campaign?

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Like The Fourth Age team has said so many times, and I don't think this time will be different, they do not talk about the future. Just thought I'd tell you

christof139's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Hi folks,

Nice mod here, but I have one rather simple but also perhaps dumb question, that is: Is TNS actually the 3rd complete FATW mod, with of course CI and FEorlingas being the 1st and 2nd versions respectively of the same overall FATW mod?? (I think this is true BTW, but have to ask to settle this nagging and perhaps dumb question in me ole little mind here, as i did not intsall either CI or FE and was going to install FE but then all of a sudden TNS appeared!!!.)

I installed the mod and the 2 patches first time around and it runs fine, but I use a different install path as I have a couple/few intalls of RTW-BI on my compooter.

Thanx for the good and interesting mod, and I also hope someone completes a First Age and Second Age mod(s).

Chris

Yes, The New Shadow is the third installment of the FATW series. It includes FE and CI of course, so you just need TNS and it's patches.

Aetius's Avatar Vae victis

What buildings/provinces are needed to recruit Mumakil?
    And the same question for orcs.
    Blut und Boden

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

It's quite intuitive and there are some big give aways in the in-game text...
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    It's quite intuitive and there are some big give aways in the in-game text...
    Thank you for not answering my question as I cannot check the game right now.
    Blut und Boden

Orcs require Orc-pit and its upgrades. Durthang, Minas Ithil, Dunchrioch, Dunhold can build them.

Mumakil require Mumakil Training Ground. Achas Annabon, Caranbad, Ur, Caras Nann can build them.

Please understand that modders sometimes don't have time to answer this kind of questions.

Thank you Aradan. I know people dont have time to respond to questions, but he obviously had enough time for some condescending remark.

One last question, I know that gondarion kings pass on their kingship before they die (Eldarion in the game is not faction leader even though he is older) Do we have to do the same and pass on all the king items(Andúril, rings, helmets, etc.) Or when they die does it automatically pass on to the heir?

Im asking this because I am afraid of my king dying while he has his items with him...
    Blut und Boden

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

It's always so nice to be so appreciated and understood.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

LOL

The trigger for the "possessions" makes a check every turn and automatically gives these artifacts to the Faction Leader, if he doesn't already have them. So once your King is dead, they will be transfered to your new one on the new turn. So, no worries!

Oh good! Thats a nice feature. This mod is unbelievable, Great Work. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    It's always so nice to be so appreciated and understood.

....any time buddy.
    Last edited by Aetius; August 07, 2007 at 05:42 PM.
    Blut und Boden

i was just wondering and i know this isn't likely to even be possible or able to fit into your schedule. but i was wondering could you guys make a battle map that is placed within the mines of moria? if possible that would be great but if not possible sorry for waisting your time.
    - beta tester for Paeninsula Italica

The Moriad mod will probably do that.

(A submod of ours).

Numenor's Avatar Campidoctor

i think the in future patches, it should be easy and more appeling to recruit orcs... i've never seen a orc in my compaign : s
    [IMG]

Orcs are already very cheap and the snagas take 0 time to recruit. How could it get more appealing? Remember that if we make them extra cheap or easy to recruit, the AI will spawn stacks after stacks of them and will fill their armies only with Orcs. And some players that like to use exploits will take advantage of that and also spawn huge orcish armies.

On a lore-relevant side-note, Orcs aren't in such abundance during the Fourth Age as they were in the Third one.
    Last edited by Aradan; February 22, 2012 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    LOL

The trigger for the "possessions" makes a check every turn and automatically gives these artifacts to the Faction Leader, if he doesn't already have them. So once your King is dead, they will be transfered to your new one on the new turn. So, no worries!
    Liar.

jk

You probably werent lying per se, but this trigger probably doesnt work because the heir usually has lots of ancilleries already and cant fit the king ancilleries in. I have never tested taking off all ancilleries and pressing end turn, but in the meantime i will transfer items before the king dies to avoid losing rare artifacts!
    Blut und Boden

Ah, yes, there is a maximum limit of 8 ancillaries and no more will fit. But the check is constant (every EndTurn) and if you give your heir's ancs to somebody else, he will still take the ones that didn't fit in the first time.