Thread: Ask Your Questions Here!

Default Re: Ask Your Questions Here!

I must be missing something obvious. I have a large city in minas ithil and durthang, 34,000 pop in one and 26,0000 in the other. I still can't build anything higher than an uruk hold.

How do I trigger the ability to build the troll caverns to get olog hai?

Senator

Ok, on Minas Ithil's construction tab, is there a building called 'City Development' or something similar? It'll be an icon of a hammer cross or something along those lines. You build that first, and then you can build your diversification buildings.

And have you built a level four Shadow temple? It's a requirement. If this doesn't help, check your building browser, it'll show you what you need to construct certain buildings.

I have a Temple of the Shadow and an Uruk Hold. Nothing else. I don't see anything that says 'City Development'

If you open the building browser in Minas Ithil/Durthang and scroll down, the 4th entry from the bottom is called Settlement Diversification, and its first level is City Development which can be upgraded into Uruk Breeder. In order to build City Development you need to have built High Temple of the Shadow, which in turn requires Citadel Barracks, which requires Foundry, which requires Merchants Square. So, you must first upgrade your markets at least to tier-3, then upgrade your Smiths to tier-3, then your Barracks to tier-4, then your Temples to tier-4 and then you'll be able to build City Development (which upgrades to Uruk Breeder, amongst other things).

Hey, small problem - when I go into the settings of the game and put the resolution to the highest possible; 1620:1080 (or something similar) the game obviously looks better but then all the thumbnails such as those displaying the units within each army or buildings in a city get pixilated.... Obviously they were designed for a lower resolution but is there anything I can do?

Everything in the mod is designed to specs at least equal to those of vanilla, usually higher. That said, I'm not sure there's something to be done other than taking the resolution down a notch.

my console commands wont let me create artillery units like mortars can you help me with this?

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

What the actual ****, mate? Mortars? What?

Basileos Predator's Avatar Campidoctor

That sound odd any way you take a look at it.It is not something you'd expect to hear here.

Senator

I believe you may have the wrong game sir...

First time poster, and very long time lurker of this mod. I was hopping that there was a way to restore the individual sub unit spacing during battle to the original spacing in R:TW. I never found issue with all the units massing in the middle and I know a lot of the total war fans do. With the current spacing once a part of the unit engages the individual sub units give themselves a wide amount of personal space and slowly creep towards the battle line. The quality of this mod is simply amazing and I eagerly await the final release!

Feanaro Curufinwe's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by im so fly i can touch the sky View Post
    my console commands wont let me create artillery units like mortars can you help me with this?
    Wrong forum?
    It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it.
    Proud supporter and fan of Fourth Age: Total War

Quote Originally Posted by STRO View Post
    First time poster, and very long time lurker of this mod. I was hopping that there was a way to restore the individual sub unit spacing during battle to the original spacing in R:TW. I never found issue with all the units massing in the middle and I know a lot of the total war fans do. With the current spacing once a part of the unit engages the individual sub units give themselves a wide amount of personal space and slowly creep towards the battle line. The quality of this mod is simply amazing and I eagerly await the final release!
    You mean the space between soldiers within a unit? That's easily changed, but we're using the same (or denser) soldier spacing that vanilla does. Maybe the 'creeping' is more noticeable here because the terrain speed modifiers are lower and soldiers move more slowly?

intel's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Any new features, FATW team? :>

I had a nice idea a month or so ago, but it turns out the engine does a stupid thing with with the relevant game mechanic, so we're still trying to see if/how it will end up getting implemented. We're at a point where I'm not sure there's any feature of the game that we've not abused...

In the meantime, we're finishing the trait-related mechanics, we've started unit balancing and putting in the final touches in regards to text. And, thanks to Joar, we're also making progress with building cards.

So what's left now ? Do you need something that could be done by a non-modder ? If yes, I would be glad to help. Oh, and I'm sorry I stopped making those buildings cards (it was at least a year ago, I think), but RL has its imperatives, you know .

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

What we very seriously need is a modeller.

intel's Avatar Protector Domesticus

What happened to Eorl?

He has been away due to real-life issues.

I have updated the dedicated thread about FATW at French TW forums. That's unfortunately the best I can do to help, hope it will be a very humble help of spirit .

http://www.mundusbellicus.fr/forum/s...-Age-Total-War

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.