Thread: Ask Your Questions Here!

Athenogoras's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Ask Your Questions Here!

Aradan said; "Since the AI does not recruit generals ever"

Pretty sure I saw a post by DVK901 telling it does. Cant remember exactly what he said. But think he said that if there are enough soldiers in the unit the AI recruits it.

Really? I've tried removing every other unit from a settlement and leaving only the RGs available, and still nothing. Once I turned every unit in vanilla RTW into a general unit, and no faction recruited a single unit for 50 turns, not even Peasants or other large units.

Do you by any chance remember where dvk's post is?

Basileos Predator's Avatar Campidoctor

There a lot of people viewing FATW forum.They got really impatient and interested about/in DOM.I think that when it is released this forum sall be more populated than any other from Rome TW.

There a lot of people viewing FATW forum.They got really impatient and interested about/in DOM.I think that when it is released this forum sall be more populated than any other from Rome TW.
    i absolutely agree

Thangaror's Avatar Senator

Hullo?
    I feel like Bilbo after falling off Dori's back! Where are you guys!?
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

Waiting for DOM.Keeping an eye for any new updates on the mod and hoping for the best.
    Last edited by Basileos Predator; November 04, 2012 at 04:44 AM.

Same me like Predator, each day I visit Fourth Age to see if they released

same here

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

I don't need to visit. I know the second it's released Q will make an announcement on the main page.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Hey Aradan, would you be willing to reveal to us some pics of just a small fraction of your work so far-like some new units, some new camp map features-?

No problem, but unit models are Eorl's domain and I'll leave that to him. When he's recovered from his surgery, he can share whatever he likes. Unless you are ok with me showing some of Count's work (that is unit descriptions), which is perhaps less glamorous and eye-catching but equally important.
    What do you mean by 'camp map features'? Mechanics or map appearance?
    Last edited by Aradan; November 05, 2012 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    No problem, but unit models are Eorl's domain and I'll leave that to him. When he's recovered from his surgery, he can share whatever he likes. Unless you are ok with me showing some of Count's work (that is unit descriptions), which is perhaps less glamorous and eye-catching equally important.
    What do you mean by 'camp map features'? Mechanics or map appearence?
    Whatever you can , as the unit description is an important part of the game, allowing us to know about a unit's details, history,etc.
    About the campain map , anything would be good.just give us a little teaser to enthice us more on the upcoming DOM.

Surgery? I hope that it isn't something serious and that he will be well soon. I wish Éorl quick recovery.

Plain text can sometimes be more interesting than pictures (well, to me and depending what is written) e.g. new features thread; so sure, unit or even better new buildings/wonders/... descriptions would be welcomed.

Regarding the map I guess that you still want to keep unseen parts of the map a secret.

Regarding "developer’s inactivity" I think that someone told me long ago: there’s a calm before the storm...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    ...I know it’s been comin' for some time.
    Last edited by Jagmodo; November 04, 2012 at 02:15 PM.

Éorl's Avatar Domesticus

Yeah, surgery is a big word - it was at my left eye, but not the eye itself - nothing serious (the remnants of an infection), and done in 10 minutes with me being awake. I'm well again and busy preparing something worthy to be previewed.

As a matter of fact, I did go back to something we considered done and improved it based on some successful experiments I did the past weeks.

Also, I have a question:

Do you choose random weather when playing custom battles, or do you prefer to set the weather? I'm asking because we could do some cool weather/lighting variations for each climate, but this only works when choosing random weather events in custom battles. I'm still experimenting with this a bit, though.
    I read this so called Bible, and found it to be a third rate story in which this so called 'jesus' is nothing more than a shameless lampooning of Brian, which has inspired joy and laughter in millions.
    -unknown YouTube user

Usually random, unless when I'm playing in desert (I hate sandstorms).

Quote Originally Posted by Dejeyo View Post
    Usually random, unless when I'm playing in desert (I hate sandstorms).
    Same here.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Yeah , me to, i prefer random weather, with emphasis on night battles.

Éorl's Avatar Domesticus

What bugs me about the night battles with the RTW engine is that they are almost are completely different to how daytime lighting works. You need the gloom fog to create an impression of darkness a few yards away from the camera, you can't use skydome cloud textures - instead, you always get stars or no sky at all (fog). You also shouldn't make the night terrain lighting too dar, because this will affect the morning/evening lighting (too stark contrast between highlights and shadows). Arrrgh, getting this right was a pain, but we got there!

Good to hear about the preference of random weather, so far.
    I read this so called Bible, and found it to be a third rate story in which this so called 'jesus' is nothing more than a shameless lampooning of Brian, which has inspired joy and laughter in millions.
    -unknown YouTube user

I always play with random weather.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

Thangaror's Avatar Senator

So, I finally got myself Kingdoms and Alex to play some other mods. Apart from the fact that I do hate Medieval's battle mechanics (gosh, it takes ages till the units are lined up, or charge, or attack. ), I found that FATW really is an outstanding piece of work, especially compared to other ME-mods like TATW and LotR:TW.
    Not only that the FATW team has been more creative in designing the units instead of just transferring something from the movies (although this has been done exceedingly well, and TATW's Silvan Elves are really great!), but FATW has the great MeZoRS and a way more diversified city development, which is pretty much absent in TATW and LotR. Sure, they have custom settlements, but honestly, how often can you enjoy those?

So, seriously, FATW rules!

But playing TATW also raises one question: Anduin and River Running are navigable in TATW. Are you planning to do this, too? Actually I doubt that there was noteworthy trade on the upper Anduin, but we have clear proof that there was trade on River Running and the Forest River. Admittedly this were only rafts in the latter case, but Running, however, seemingly was navigable for smaller vessels.

Quote Originally Posted by Éorl View Post
    Yeah, surgery is a big word - it was at my left eye, but not the eye itself - nothing serious (the remnants of an infection), and done in 10 minutes with me being awake. I'm well again and busy preparing something worthy to be previewed.

As a matter of fact, I did go back to something we considered done and improved it based on some successful experiments I did the past weeks.

Also, I have a question:

Do you choose random weather when playing custom battles, or do you prefer to set the weather? I'm asking because we could do some cool weather/lighting variations for each climate, but this only works when choosing random weather events in custom battles. I'm still experimenting with this a bit, though.
    Wait, they cut around near your eye and you could SEE it?! That's awkward!

On the weather: Well, depends on what I want to do. Usually I'm (of course) too lazy to change weather, but if I want to takes some nice screens I set it to noon and hazy.
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.