Thread: Ask Your Questions Here!

Thangaror's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Ask Your Questions Here!

It did work for me IIRC.
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

Quote Originally Posted by Thangaror View Post
    It did work for me IIRC.
    May I ask what OS you are using?

Thangaror's Avatar Senator

Vista
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

@Aradan

Now I am back to "The version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows your running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need a x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher." Help...

Check the Properties of the shortcut you're using to run FATW and see which .exe file it's pointing to. If you run that file directly, does RTW-BI run, and if yes, does it create any error messages?

Tiny update, because I feel some kind of pressure seeing 50+ people viewing the forum and us being silent for some time.

Our trait system is almost finalised, including many nice things like genetics/base attributes-based trait acquisition, subcultures, houses and tribes system, hereditary offices and titles, local governorships and governor-based settlement management, faction-leader-dependent universal effects, accurate surnames, functional military hierarchy (that's actually ancillary-related), streamlining of all the misc traits, and generally vast improvement over TNS; and without the clutter of 1000 trivial traits. There are still things to do, like a loyalty system, but we're getting there.

Oh, and buildings are almost done, putting the final touches in atm.

Basileos Predator's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    Tiny update, because I feel some kind of pressure seeing 50+ people viewing the forum and us being silent for some time.

Our trait system is almost finalised, including many nice things like genetics/base attributes-based trait acquisition, subcultures, houses and tribes system, hereditary offices and titles, local governorships and governor-based settlement management, faction-leader-dependent universal effects, accurate surnames, functional military hierarchy (that's actually ancillary-related), streamlining of all the misc traits, and generally vast improvement over TNS; and without the clutter of 1000 trivial traits. There are still things to do, like a loyalty system, but we're getting there.

This is great news indeed.This means an release shall accour in the near future.It is not much now.I can't wait to play(Do your work well and givce us a great mod.Take your time and a release with fully stable shall be the best.)

Good job! I know you guys are putting a lot of effort in this mod and trait system is AFAIK huge thing to do. Can't wait to play DoM.

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

A trait system is only huge if the devs choose to make it huge. But it allows a lot of stuff to happen.

ExtremeBG's Avatar Decanus

Question: what happened to the wall at Pelennor fields,are we going to see it on the strategic map(perhaps like the way it is in TATW),or it has been destroyed in the early 4th age ?

Macedonia(FYROM) is Bulgarian. If you don't believe me, read a book.

At the moment there's 91 people viewing this forum.

You'll need to step it up a notch.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

91! And DoM isn't even out yet. Oh, the pressure!!

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeBG View Post
    Question: what happened to the wall at Pelennor fields,are we going to see it on the strategic map(perhaps like the way it is in TATW),or it has been destroyed in the early 4th age ?
    Rammas exists in the 4th age as well, but unfortunately the space between Minas Anor and the river is too little for us to be able to have it show up. TATW can do that because their map is inaccurate and Pelennor is huge.

ExtremeBG's Avatar Decanus

Thanks for the answer,but i have another question :Are there any descendants of Faramir and the line of the Stewards,that are going to be in DoM ?

Macedonia(FYROM) is Bulgarian. If you don't believe me, read a book.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeBG View Post
    Thanks for the answer,but i have another question :Are there any descendants of Faramir and the line of the Stewards,that are going to be in DoM ?
    I'm pretty sure they are already in current version of FATW.

That's the House of Hurin. Barahir, Faramir and Baranor belong to that house in TNS at campaign start; and their descendants, of course. And yes, the house exists in DoM as well.

That's the House of Hurin. Barahir, Faramir and Baranor belong to that house in TNS at campaign start; and their descendants, of course. And yes, the house exists in DoM as well.
    That’s of course expected if we know how things were in TNS. What about Saelon the Faithfull? Will he's descendents appear in the mod? He married in the house of Galador so did he become part of that house or there will be his own? He’s descendents in the DOM would be nice reference to both the Tolkien’s text (the mod is based on) and the former version of the mod.

By the way, good further info about the progress and the trait system and really nice jump in visits.

Not sure actually. Characters in DoM get their house from their father, so Saelon's descendants would belong to his house, not Galador's. Now, whether that house would be a 'House of Saelon' or another one hasn't been decided yet. You make a good point though, it would be a nice reference to TNS.

Few questions...

1)Why is house of the stewards called house of Hurin? I probably forgot something, but the oldest member of that lineage that I remember is Mardil.

2)What happened to Paths of the Dead? Isildur's curse was lifte, could they be passable now? Probably just suitable for small companies, not RTW armies though.

3)Could Knights of Dol Amroth be made available as normal unit, instead or together as recruitable generals?

Basileos Predator's Avatar Campidoctor

A sneak question: In Arnor, what sort of characters do we expect to see:of what house, in what number and what sort of units do we expect to ifnd there at the begining of the campain to secure the region and beat of any rebels and invaders?

Quote Originally Posted by Stark1 View Post
    Few questions...

1)Why is house of the stewards called house of Hurin? I probably forgot something, but the oldest member of that lineage that I remember is Mardil.
    Mardil was the first Ruling Steward, but there were stewards belonging to the House of Hurin before him.

2)What happened to Paths of the Dead? Isildur's curse was lifte, could they be passable now? Probably just suitable for small companies, not RTW armies though.
    Something like that, yes. Making the Paths useable by large armies wouldn't be right, I think.

3)Could Knights of Dol Amroth be made available as normal unit, instead or together as recruitable generals?
    Since the AI does not recruit generals ever, I've already added 'clone' regular units for all RGs, but those are only available to the AI. If someone wants to activate them for the player as well, it's quite easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Predator1994 View Post
    A sneak question: In Arnor, what sort of characters do we expect to see:of what house, in what number and what sort of units do we expect to ifnd there at the begining of the campain to secure the region and beat of any rebels and invaders?
    No idea, haven't got around to that yet. But there will probably be a lot of 'local' colour there at campaign start.