Thread: Ask Your Questions Here!

Default Re: Ask Your Questions Here!

Dude Aradan asked you a question....

Whos the faction leader of harondor whats his name?

Why do want to know this? It will be just some plausible name that team invented, not someone who Tolkien described.

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between a unit with the "hide in woods" attribute, and any other unit that does not have the "cannot hide" attribute? Is it that the " hide in woods" attribute means enemy units must get closer than otherwise to reveal the unit?

Thangaror's Avatar Senator

Yeah, I think so.
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

Yes, pretty much what you said, "can hide in woods" makes it easier to hide there.

@ Aradan: If I launch TW Rome from the shortcut in the folder it works fine and the battle map also works. For some reason the game screen is only 13 inches while my laptop has a 17 inch screen. It's annoying but the point is it does work. FATW seems like such a great game and I would love to play it. Thanks for the help!

Aradan,

I tried to re-install the game and after a "successfully installed" pop up I got this:

"This install program has been created with an evaluation version of Clickteam Install Creator Pro. It cannot be distributed. This screen does not appear in install programs created with a registered version. You can register oline on the Clickteam Web Site."

I went to the site and got this:

"Attention! You have installed something where the installer was made with Clickteam's installer program.
    Clickteam can not provide support for the items inside the installer.
    Please contact the place you downloaded from for help and support"

Might that be the problem?

There's no need to go to the site of InstallCreator, it's just an 'advertisement' page. You can simply close the installer.

WRT to the screen resolution issue, just go to Options -> Video and change the resolution to whichever options suits you best.

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

WHEN IS THIS MOD RELEASE??? I GO EVERYWERE AND THIS MOD LOOK DEAD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blatta Optima Maxima View Post
    WHEN IS THIS MOD RELEASE???
    First of all, please don't shout. Have you been drinking or taken something more “heavily”? That kind of behaviour can normally be expected by some of the new people here on the forum, but really not from those that are present well, let’s say more than a few years. You know that you certainly will not get an answer to that question from experience. I mean, you have given answers to similar questions...
    I GO EVERYWERE
    Hmm, where do you go?
    ...AND THIS MOD LOOK DEAD!!!
    Is this mod dead? Of course not. Mod can be eventually proclaimed dead after developers have disappeared from the forum for a longer time and there is really no support at all, or they announced abandonment of a project. As you know, Aradan regularly answers questions and Éorl gives screenshots of his work and he has promised new screenshots relatively soon.

And if you looked more carefully you would see that Aradan did, few days ago, give a new subtle visual treat. Look at his signature. Yes, that is right; that is screenshot of a Minas Tirith from the DoM. You do know that they could release this mod much sooner, but this mod then would not be nearly on the level it was planed and, in my opinion, doing things as it was planned is a good choice.
    Don’t put unnecessary pressure on them. Now I could say “the mod is done...” sentence but I won’t. Be patient still a few months. Mod is planned to be realised until the end of the year, and in my opinion, it won’t be a huge catastrophe if they will be late a month or two.

And yes, I suspect that you are just provoking out of boredom (nowadays popularly called trolling)...

Edit: And why am I answering to that? I really did not said anything that you already did not know...
    Last edited by Jagmodo; September 30, 2012 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagmodo View Post
    Mod is planned to be realised until the end of the year, and in my opinion, it won’t be a huge catastrophe if they will be late a month or two.
    See, Aradan? I've been saying we should just take a few months off...

Jagmodo, you're entirely correct with your response, of course.
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

Thangaror's Avatar Senator

He's just trolling, as usual.
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

Éorl's Avatar Domesticus

I believe Roach just wants to play
    I read this so called Bible, and found it to be a third rate story in which this so called 'jesus' is nothing more than a shameless lampooning of Brian, which has inspired joy and laughter in millions.
    -unknown YouTube user

Basileos Predator's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    Isengard has been destroyed. A fort has been built on Dol Baran to control the area.
    WWait a sec. I just realised:Isengard wasn't destroyed.It was surrounded by the Fangorn forest and then, at the end of the War of the Ring there was a garnison posed in the tower against Dunland i guess.Then it was abbandoned by most of it to reppel a corsair attack and was captured by dunland.So wouldn't it be right to be able to recapture the tower and start to develop around it, while having all around the city limit dense forrest?

I may be wrong but who knows, it might be true what i said.Pls Aradan clear my head of this idea.

Predator!

The tower of Orthanc was not destroyed, but Isengard (as in the entire ring and what it contained) was. Since Orthanc is now mostly defenceless (the old walls are gone) and without major infrastructure, Dol Baran is now the stronghold of the area.

Basileos Predator's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    The tower of Orthanc was not destroyed, but Isengard (as in the entire ring and what it contained) was. Since Orthanc is now mostly defenceless (the old walls are gone) and without major infrastructure, Dol Baran is now the stronghold of the area.
    Ok i get it now.There was nothing there to support a population and no way to defend the city(eaven though he was made of unbreakable stone, it could not prevent an attack).So the permanent fort Dol Baran shall be the chief settlement of the region.
    Thank you, Aradan .

Aradan, since you have Minas Tirith as a signature picture, and it looks a bit like something on RTW battlemap, could it mean you made some progress with custom settlements?

"A bit"?

Yes, you could say we're making some progress there, though obviously a complete overhaul means a LOT of work, and things are still WIP.

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

Whoah, what an overreaction. My post was just filling out the weekly "when's the mod coming out?" quota. It just seemed that too long had passed since some newbie asked the question. After all, with over 9000 posts, you can be pretty certain I know the forbidden questions on this forum

Failing that, all caps and faulty grammar should be a dead giveaway, c'mon!