Page 12 of 199 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021223762112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Your Questions Here!

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Default Re: Ask Your Questions Here!

The answer is two-fold:

1. Get your mind out of the Third Age. The mod is set 200 years later. Think of the history of our own world. We were at war with France 200 years before we were allies with them in facing Germany.

2. We will aim - where possible - to lessen the severity of the diplomatic breakdown in relations pending finding ways of doings so (it's pretty much hard-coded) and pending the release of the storyline of the mod which, for all you know, may have a very good reason for having Rohan and RK at each other's throats.

Be patient. Enjoy the game
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

I downloaded and started playing this mod a couple days ago and I complement you on your fanastic work, but I ask if theres something wrong with the Auto Calc. for battles though I shouldn't complain.

Yes, the autocalc is even less realistic than the battlemap battles - it's not our problem and we cannot do anything directly about it. However, we are doing a very thorough unit rebalance for 2.0 and these should give less 'severe' results with the auto-calculation on the autoresolve option.

Thx and glad you're enjoying the mod.

Please delete.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Banned; May 16, 2007 at 06:36 AM.
    Наиболее полное истребитель в мире

Numenor's Avatar Campidoctor

i have a question:

This mod has been slowly introducing factions. First it was gondor (reunited kingdom), harad and rhûn. Now, it was rohan and dunland..

What i wanted to know is, what will be the look of your compleet mode.

Will there be dwarfs? A orc kingdom? Mordor will reapear? Elves?
    [IMG]

As we have repeatedly said, we cannot state anything about the future and do not as a matter of course reveal what is in the next release other than what has alreayd been said - that there will be no new areas of map added and that one of the major elements of the next release will be a unit balance which has taken (and will coninue to take) some months to complete.

There *may* be some more news after the next release.

Thank you for your interest.

Civis

There is FE but what of CI. I know it is no longer supported and everything is included but what of the campaign? Has it just been disregarded in favor of FE or are they the same campaign?

How goes the porting to M2?

Anywhere where we can get the story to your mod? It was said you guys continued from a believable path after The New Shadow.
    Last edited by King3x; July 05, 2007 at 04:41 PM.

when r u gonna let us recruit dwarves and elves ?

even if they are a faction specific mercenary type unit.

elves from the forasts and dwarves from the mountains.
    Last edited by Legionary Titus Pullo; July 06, 2007 at 04:39 AM. Reason: better now
    I was a Roma Surrectum 2.0 Beta Tester

Total War Veteran

faction-specific mercs are only possible in Alexander TW.

Elves and Dwarves do not act as mercs. They will not be recruitable by human masters either.

that is a shame, cos they are beutiful units, the dwarves especialy.

so how do you explain the units being in the game?

Total War Veteran

For now the only Elven unit are the Elves that Legolas brought to Ithilien after the War of the Ring and the only faction-owned Dwarves are the Dwarves that Gimli brought to Aglarond also after the WotR. There are also a couple of other dwarven units, as rebels. All is according to lore.

I got a feeling you'll enjoy 2.0...

FE contains CI, in that it's an expansion of its map, with added factions features etc.

The porting to M2TW isn't going anywhere yet, because no decision has yet been made on the matter.

The story behind the New Shadow is amongst the goodies that will be released in the new version...

Civis

... new version?

I thought the porting to M2TW was going to be the next/new version :O.

Very cool though, look foward to it.

thank you for the explanation.

so will i be able to bribe these rebel dwarves ?

Total War Veteran

If you mean bribe them to join you, then the answer I'm afraid is no, as no faction has them in their roster. They will disband and return to their mines...

damn!

so close.!!!

Total War Veteran

AMMsterz's Avatar Libertus

Icon3 Re: Ask Your Questions Here!

WaZaaa!!!

Regarding this whole dwarves and elven recruitability (I know there's no such word ) is it possible that maybe they are made as mercenaries but require no cash to join your army, eliminating the problem of them acting as mercs?
    :hm: See the idea is maybe you can make it such that, should a general unit for instance stays in an area supposedly inhabited by dwarves or elves for, say, five turns a trigger may be set so that he'll acquire a retinue like "Friend of Dwarves" or something... Following this, mercenaries may then be acquirable but are for free in addition to being very limited ... That way, story-wise, it'd seem that your general unit has made some sort of alliance with either of the creatures who in turn provide some great assistance in the form of three or more dwarf/elvish units

Well, sure hope this is possible coz an army of dwarves and/or elves will sure be kick ass !!!

Peaceage and Gud Luk with v2.0

Merely a humble advocate of the positively developed mod, "The Fouth Age Total War." ...
    as well as a peaceful proponent of the exhaustedly developing mod, "Broken Crescent."

I don't think it's possible to specify if existing mercs can or cannot be recruited. I the general is in a region, the mercenary pool is not depleted and the mercs can be recruited by his faction, then all the mercs will be always be available to him for hire (assuming he has the money). I know of no trigger that can affect this.

It could be done through scripting (giving the elf/dwarf-friend general a coupld of units) but it probably won't because a) it's not supported by lore and b) it requires scripts (which due to their unstable and game-compromising nature are avoided in FATW)

Let me suggest a little patience until 2.0 arrives...

Quote: Aradan - I got a feeling you'll enjoy 2.0...

I get the feeling your not going to explain your reasoning, even tho you know i want you too.!!!

Total War Veteran

Well call me stupid but i'm a little confused. I want to know which version should I download. The corsair invasion one or that The Fourth Age: Total War - Forth Eorlingas. Are they seprate mods or are they one or something. This looks like a great freakin mod and I want to play badly.

Thank you
    Proudly under the patronage of Tone
    Roma Surrectum Local Moderator

The different-named builds include the previous ones. Forth Eorlingas (essentially FATW 1.5) includes Corsair Invasion (essentially FATW 1.0) and The New Shadow(FATW 2.0) will include Forth Eorlingas. So you only need to download the latest build and only it's latest patch. Right now this would be Forth Eorlingas 1.5 and its patch, FE 1.9. The patches are cumulative, meaning that 1.9 includes all the previous (1.6, 1.7, 1.8) and you only need that one.

I would advise however to be a little patient and download The New Shadow (which comes soon) rather than download FE now, which will be shortly outdated.

Your call.