Thread: Ask Your Questions Here!

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

Default Re: Ask Your Questions Here!

Heh, I used to have an army with 12 onagers and 8 heavy cav. Took most of Harad with it, though if you do suffer casualties they're a to retrian.

Are there any updates planned for the naval units (their stats, recruitability, military ports, new ships or the like...) for DoM? Sorry if that has been asked already.

Their stats will be reviewed, there's a new military port tree, they are not recruitable everywhere, but there are no new ships for existing factions.

Basileos Predator's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    Modders don't play; they test, in order to decide what to tweak next.

My preferred all-rounder army used to be: 1 x General, 4 x Spears, 4 x Men at Arms, 4 x Longbowmen, 2 Light Cav, 2 x Heavy Cav, 3 x Onagers
    Oh, that would be a verry strong army Aradan, but i do not like that.You saw my king's army in the screen's thread.I do not use onegers due to their limited use on poen battlefield and no light cav in offensive armies, i relie on heavy one.

Their stats will be reviewed, there's a new military port tree, they are not recruitable everywhere, but there are no new ships for existing factions.
    I think the ships are preety good as they are.We have to see what is what about elven ships.

Please tell me you are getting rid of the silly trait that admirals get that makes it almost impossible to merge fleets.
    "Oh no! Uzbeks have drunk my battery fluid!"

Thangaror's Avatar Senator

Already done
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

Question, Im not trying to be rude, but it the project dead or is dominion of man going to be released eventually?

dominion of man will not be released, I'm afraid.
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

Will Isengard be a fort province? I know only tower of Orthanc was left standing and ents made gardens around it, but it makes sense if ring was rebuilt, it's positioned on an important strategic location - only place to cross Isen beside the fords and near Númenorian road connecting Arnor and Gondor. Especially in dangerous times when DoM starts, with Dunland on the rise. In War of the Ring Saruman's control of Isengard gave great trouble to Rohirrim trying to defend the fords.

Isengard has been destroyed. A fort has been built on Dol Baran to control the area.

Basileos Predator's Avatar Campidoctor

Isengard has been destroyed. A fort has been built on Dol Baran to control the area.
    That's good news indeed.

I really like this forts idea, it should make map more alive.

Quote Originally Posted by CountMRVHS View Post
    dominion of man will not be released, I'm afraid.
    Really? DoM will not be released?
    And if does, when?

Count was kidding, because bigbossbalrog wrote dominion of man instead of men... DoM will of course be released, we haven't been slaving away for nothing.

Wait so much the release, and yea now I saw the difference

Greetings,

I too had the problem of this pop-up:

The version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows your running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need a x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher.

Following the suggestion of Aradan
    "You could try installing RTW outside the Program Files folder, and installing the mod again."
    I uninstalled RTW and reinstalled it on my desktop in a folder named Rome. I then installed FATW in that folder.

Now I am getting this:
    C:\Users\MyName\Desktop\Rome\RomeTW-BI.exe is not a valid Win32 application

Clearly, I am not doing something right. Could someone please help me?
    Thanks

I'm not sure if will gonna work, but I meet this problem what you have on an game (corsairs old game) and that game was runed only on windows 98 or xp, and I went to the exe (installer) of the game ( here you can go at the exe of the mod) and press proprieties and then select compatibility and then click on that were it said Run this program in compatibility for...and choice you're windows what you have...maybe it will work.

Thangaror's Avatar Senator

I've a quick question concerning the mechanics behind captains/generals. How are there stats calculated? I always assumed they'd just adapted the stats of the unit they're attached to. But even with the crappiest unit they are unbelievable strong. One hit, one kill. And they themselves can take dozens of hits without being killed.
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

Their stats are hardcoded, but it's difficult to determine exactly how many HPs they got.

@ Ghan-bur-ghan: Are you sure the file your shortcut points to is a valid file? If you simply double-click that .exe (C:\Users\MyName\Desktop\Rome\RomeTW-BI.exe), does BI start? And does it work well?

Hello

I am having problems with FATW. I got the same pop up as Cris7lopus. Following Aradan’s advice - “You could try installing RTW outside the Program Files folder, and installing the mod again.“ - I uninstalled the game and RTW and then reinstalled them both on my desktop. Now I am getting this pop up:

C:\Users\MyName\Desktop\Rome\RomeTW-Bi.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

Can anyone please help me?

Also I have the .rar version of the mod but I haven’t the foggiest idea how to run it.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Aradan; September 23, 2012 at 01:14 AM.