Thread: Ask Your Questions Here!

Default Re: Ask Your Questions Here!

@Éorl i know you are working in a Game of Thrones mod for Rome total war... just wandering at what time it will be set

Wow, Aradan, it seems that mod will be released sooner than I thought.
    Remenber when he used to say "WHEN ITS READY!!!" with a burning hatred in his heart? Things may be happening sooner then we antecipated

Thangaror's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    Soon enough. But certainly not within the month, so you have time for a campaign...
    The mod will be released on Friday the first of Summerfilth!!!
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

2nd of September or at the 22th are nice dates for release

2nd of September would maybe be nice next year. But I don't want to wait for that long.
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

The team has a... Red herring, which slows the production down somewhat. I was shocked. But the red herring is compelling indeed.

Éorl's Avatar Domesticus

But the red herring is compelling indeed.
    The Red Herring has to swim idly on it's own, for now. Working on two mods is not good, no matter how compelling and fun - I have to submit that much. Discussing the Red Herring as it swims idly in it's hidden pond is okay, though (as is receiving stuff to add to the Red Herring, later).

I've deliberately moved anything concerning Ice and Fire to my old machine or else distraction takes too much of a toll.

Also, even though I greatly appreciate the interest, I won't answer any questions about Ice and Fire here, since it's totally off-topic. You are welcome to PM me, though!
    I read this so called Bible, and found it to be a third rate story in which this so called 'jesus' is nothing more than a shameless lampooning of Brian, which has inspired joy and laughter in millions.
    -unknown YouTube user

Quote Originally Posted by Éorl View Post
    The Red Herring has to swim idly on it's own, for now. Working on two mods is not good, no matter how compelling and fun - I have to submit that much. Discussing the Red Herring as it swims idly in it's hidden pond is okay, though (as is receiving stuff to add to the Red Herring, later).

I've deliberately moved anything concerning Ice and Fire to my old machine or else distraction takes too much of a toll.

Also, even though I greatly appreciate the interest, I won't answer any questions about Ice and Fire here, since it's totally off-topic. You are welcome to PM me, though!
    What is dead can never die.

JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by Blatta Optima Maxima View Post
    The team has a... Red herring, which slows the production down somewhat. I was shocked. But the red herring is compelling indeed.
    Hm, the compelling thing is, what I (although wondering why the herring was red) thought about was this:

Last edited by Thangaror; June 23, 2012 at 09:00 PM.

I have a small thing that is bothering me. I've been playing RSII and RTR for a while and although the campaign is really great the battles are a pain.
    The morale of even the weak units is so insanely high that they simply don't break. I'm fine if Praetorians or Argiraspides will be decimated from 60 to 6 men and still fight, but if Polybian Cohorts or Celtic Swordsmen behave likethis, too, it feels weird.
    Also the side effect is that after the units are engaged, the player is actually doomed to wait and watch them fight. Even a cavalry charge into the rear doesn't break a unit. So I set to triple speed and watch them fight a battle that probably takes 45 min of real time...

So I hope that you won't change battle-mechanics drastically. The pace of the battles is fine for me as it is.
    Last edited by Thangaror; June 27, 2012 at 12:05 AM.

Indeed

It seems to me very annoying about that in Medieval II, like that in duration of half hour or more to finish a battle and give you ctd ....

Btw great work, keep it up i cant wait the release

Europa Barbarorum has a nice battle balance, units won't die like flies and rout immediately like in vanilla, but they will rout when expected.

ExtremeBG's Avatar Decanus

Actually in RS2 units break quite often if you know how to do it.The goal is to first take out the general and then charge them with cavalry, hammer and anvil.However ,charging with cavalry in RS2 takes more distance then in vanilla and often the cavalry has to be steady to perform the charge correctly ,but once you charge a unit in the back with heavy cavalry or catas the unit will break within 5-10 sec.

Macedonia(FYROM) is Bulgarian. If you don't believe me, read a book.

I have a qustion will adunbar have alot of exprieciend units?

I've not done anything about campaign balance yet, so I'm not sure what units will each faction get at game start; plus, what the player will get will probably be different to what the AI will.

Quote Originally Posted by Thangaror View Post
    I have a small thing that is bothering me. I've been playing RSII and RTR for a while and although the campaign is really great the battles are a pain.
    The morale of even the weak units is so insanely high that they simply don't break. I'm fine if Praetorians or Argiraspides will be decimated from 60 to 6 men and still fight, but if Polybian Cohorts or Celtic Swordsmen behave likethis, too, it feels weird.
    Also the side effect is that after the units are engaged, the player is actually doomed to wait and watch them fight. Even a cavalry charge into the rear doesn't break a unit. So I set to triple speed and watch them fight a battle that probably takes 45 min of real time...

So I hope that you won't change battle-mechanics drastically. The pace of the battles is fine for me as it is.
    I hate doing this but... you have arcade battles off? cuz if its on morale does not work right?

kostas84's Avatar Campidoctor

How is this mod going? What has changed since i last was here?

I am curious

This mod has so much potential

It's been progressing steadily... Perhaps not visibly to members, since we haven't previewed anything in a while, but things are happening and items are being crossed off the to-do list one by one...

I cant wait to next release. Will it have also custom settlements like Third Age and (unfinished for now) next release of LOTR TW? Maybe not many but some special capitals like Edoras or Minas Thirith could be usefull.

We're probably going do sth about the settlements, yes, but I'm not yet sure about the extent of the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    We're probably going do sth about the settlements, yes, but I'm not yet sure about the extent of the changes.
    Thought I'm not skilled modder and have no big experience but couldn't you contact LOTR TW team and ask for permission to use their few models for settlements such as Minas T., Edoras, Erebor etc? Finally modding is non profit and all LOTR people who are able are doing this in the name of Middle-Earth- if they aren't rude and selfish I think they could agree.

Anyway I saw modding toturials in mod workshop section so I just say: hhhhhheeeee.... because the work itself is beyond my imagination... I'm good in other things than whole graphics and models stuff like this. So for sure you have great will and thanks for your great work so far!