Thread: Ask Your Questions Here!

Thangaror's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Ask Your Questions Here!

Well, you do need the shadow temple in the highest tier, barracks, and a foundry. But afaik you cannot build the temple without the foundry, so if you have the temple, you should be able to recruit Swords of the Shadow etc.
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

The Mouth's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Thangaror View Post
    Well, you do need the shadow temple in the highest tier, barracks, and a foundry. But afaik you cannot build the temple without the foundry, so if you have the temple, you should be able to recruit Swords of the Shadow etc.
    All of those are built (In Minas Ithil and Minas Tirith), yet I can't recruit any of them

Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

You also need an orkish infestation.

Neither cities have that. Thanks for the help

Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

I would recommend not infesting Minas Tirith until you have built all the catapults you will ever need.

Yeah I decided against it (All I could build there is the orc outpost anyways).

Another question: What are some tips for actually putting a dent in Harad and Rhun? I mean I've got this epic stack of men (Royal spearmen, Ithillien archers, Catapults) that have slaughtered stack after stack of Haradrim; yet they just keep coming, so I've only managed to take two settlements from them (Maybe more soon since I've got a stack of orcs and men headed for the Haradrian coast). With Rhun the situation is a bit more precarious, they've actually managed to gain territory around Nurn although the fighting has been fierce and I've got a stack of shadow swords and Olog-Hai heading their way. Any tips for weakening these giants?...
    Last edited by The Mouth; May 22, 2012 at 05:29 PM.

I would make use of a line of forts populated by catapults and other artillery. When they bring their stacks up just pound the baggezes out of them.

The_Valiant's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Wambat View Post
    I would make use of a line of forts populated by catapults and other artillery. When they bring their stacks up just pound the baggezes out of them.
    That's always the best option :laughter

I have no clue personally.
    One's back is vulnerable, unless one has a brother.
    - The Saga of Grettir the Strong

I guess another's asked too my question, but I really wait so much for DoM version, so my question:"When exactly you guys will release the version?"
    Thanks.

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

That's the one question you should never, ever, ever ask, for there is no answer to that.

Yes, this is the first (, the most important,) unwritten commandment of this forum: Never ask when the mod will be finished.

But, to say something useful, I think that it was planned for this year (hopefully ). However, you must have in mind that every day that the mod is developed is making it better in every sense. Overall, it is worth waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by LordXarax View Post
    (..) I really wait so much for DoM version,
    Me - and everyone else here - too!

so my question:"When exactly you guys will release the version?"
    Thanks.
    My guess: "It's done, when it's done." ..or: "It's released when it's finished."

We all want DOM it asap, but good modding takes time. And Aradan, Eorl and team are unpaid freelancers. In fact they do this as a hobby for themselves - and for us(!)...

And I'm sure your and all others comments here will provide them with a little extra incentive... ?!?

Éorl's Avatar Domesticus

:"When exactly you guys will release the version?"
    Posing that question is a typical rookie mistake .
    I read this so called Bible, and found it to be a third rate story in which this so called 'jesus' is nothing more than a shameless lampooning of Brian, which has inspired joy and laughter in millions.
    -unknown YouTube user

I know it's takes time, using programs is not easy but, if my question was an mistake then the thread name is an mistake too, with another 2.000 reply's

?

Are you using google translate or something? It's really hard to understand what you're saying.

Quote Originally Posted by LordXarax View Post
    I know it's takes time, using programs is not easy but, if my question was an mistake then the thread name is an mistake too, with another 2.000 reply's
    The thread name is no mistake.

We plan to release in the coming months. However, we are unpaid amateurs that do this as a hobby, alongside our jobs, studies and/or family duties, which do tend to get in the way of modding and change our plans. So we can't give an accurate release date until we're very very very close to it.

ExtremeBG's Avatar Decanus

Are you planning to make the Rhun/Khand cavalry stronger or weaker then Rohan's and can you tell me what is going to be the number of all the provinces on the map ?

Macedonia(FYROM) is Bulgarian. If you don't believe me, read a book.

Rhunnish cavalry is weaker, because the eastern Rhunnish barbarians are genetically inferior to the enlightened westerners.

ExtremeBG's Avatar Decanus

not so true in real world though

Macedonia(FYROM) is Bulgarian. If you don't believe me, read a book.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeBG View Post
    Are you planning to make the Rhun/Khand cavalry stronger or weaker then Rohan's and can you tell me what is going to be the number of all the provinces on the map ?
    Rhun will be weaker, Khand probably about the same.
    150-ish provinces.