Page 10 of 199 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560110 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Your Questions Here!

Default Re: Ask Your Questions Here!

Apocalypsis - I didn't want to re-install everything because I was afraid I was going to lose Alexander. It was a D/L. I don't have TW Eras. But, just in case you were curious I un-installed BI, re-installed it & repatched it to 1.6 (which erased a mod I had installed on R:TW as well, but my save game still works if you can believe it) & now FE 1.7 works just fine.

All I can say is WOW!! You folks really did an incredible job. The only improvement I would suggest is in the sound quality of your V/O work. I've been a professional recording engineer for the last 20 yrs so if your'e interested I may be able to suggest some ways you could make them better.

Great job folks

Yes, please do that (voicing).

The main problem is the voiceactors, it is really hard to do good ones (as you probably know), plus I've made some mistakes, I think I raised the volume far too high.

If you can voice act, that's even better!

Check the voiceover application thread for more info.

I just started a Rohan campaign and it's so fun to massacre these poor dunland noobs, but I have a big problem. I cant see the date nor my treasury in the lower right corner because of the strange green-black background. Anyway to fix that?

'Green-black background'? Could you post a screen of that? Here's how it is with me:

Wow Apoc, you have really taught your diplomat well, he now even knows how to write the letter 'C'!

It's exactly like your screen. In the lower right corner where the endturn-button is, because of the background you can't make out your amount of money you have or the date. I have to guess how much money I still have. Is there a way to change the background so the black letters are visible again?

btw is there a fast way to transform an enemy settlement to your own "religion"? OR only the good old slaughter-them-all? Maybe something with the settlers?

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

You can't read that???

Try adjusting your monitor settings.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

No, I can't read that :p
    I have my standard monitor settings and I never had problems with anything like that, and I don't really want to change it just because of one game.
    Any way I can get the standard rtw-interface (or only the botton right part) back?

edit: got it to work on my own btw superb mod
    Last edited by Exekutor; February 17, 2007 at 03:56 AM.

I read of a Middle Earth mod that required Alexander Total War to play. Please tell me it's not this one! I have BI 1.6. Also, is this one freeware? It looks almost too good to be freeware. Finally, does it have the music from the LotR films, or couldn't it be liberated from EA's dungeon??

warluster's Avatar Miles

This one is a BI mod, it says so in the thread (Game Released thread) it says at the top in big shiny letters- Entirely in tis won mod folder for BI 1.6- Thats what it says.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfCrusader76 View Post
    I read of a Middle Earth mod that required Alexander Total War to play. Please tell me it's not this one! I have BI 1.6. Also, is this one freeware? It looks almost too good to be freeware. Finally, does it have the music from the LotR films, or couldn't it be liberated from EA's dungeon??
    LOTRTW will be for ATW (not released yet) - this is for BI 1.6. And it is absolutely free

It does not have the music from the films, but I think our own music is very, very good.

Quote Originally Posted by -apocalypsis- View Post
    LOTRTW will be for ATW (not released yet) - this is for BI 1.6. And it is absolutely free

It does not have the music from the films, but I think our own music is very, very good.
    What's the custom music pack? Is that the music from the films?

Can't wait to start playing Battle for Middle Earth type games the way God intended: With the Total War engine!!!! And it doesn't cost a bloody penny!!
    God, I love mods!!

The music pack is the download containing the custom music for the mod. If you do not download and install it you will have no music (or vanilla music). It is in a separate download because music files are large.

We are not - for the millionth time - using anything from the films

Just one small question, and sorry if I being ignorant, but why are you not adding Ents? I can understand the problems with Dragons and fell beasts, but Ents pretty much work in the same way as trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    The music pack is the download containing the custom music for the mod. If you do not download and install it you will have no music (or vanilla music). It is in a separate download because music files are large.

We are not - for the millionth time - using anything from the films
    When you say nothing from the films, is that why there are no Uruk-Hai, Orcs, Wraith Riders, etc? I was really disappointed, these guys made the LotR universe for me. Maybe this mod's based more on the books than the films? If there's a way to add a few Uruk-Hai, etc, that would be great. If you're restricted by licences issues, then fair enough. Damn EA and their monopoly on the world! They're ruining every series they have, from Fifa to LotR! Surely Sega are mighty enough to snatch the Middle Earth licence away from them? Do you have any plans for a version of this mod set in the Third Age? If not, are you aware of such a mod existing?

There will be Uruks in later versions. :wink: And probably trolls too!

Yes, Middle earth: Total War is set during the War of the Rinng, ie the third age when LOTR takes place. They are similar to us, they do it strictly by the books.

Lord of the Rings: Total War is set during the Third Age too.

We cannot, as far as the Fourth Age is concerned, have Ents as they would not really have been around much - I very much think they would have become more tree-like and certainly not (if ever they were) capable of joining armies, acting as retinue or - worse still - being mercs.

Maybe one of these 2 other LOTR mods will have Ents in? But the Fourth Age is the dominion of men.

So these are the reasons for not including such things - when we say nothing is from the movies we mean that we are not using any of the copyrighted visual or audio material.

We have no plans and see no reason to create a Third Age mod, especially when 2 are in existence and finishing what we are presently working on will be hard enough to complete let alone starting another project.

mac89's Avatar Biarchus

Sorry guys, I cant be bothered to read all these threads through and I wanted to know which factions will be in the next version?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    Lord of the Rings: Total War is set during the Third Age too.

We cannot, as far as the Fourth Age is concerned, have Ents as they would not really have been around much - I very much think they would have become more tree-like and certainly not (if ever they were) capable of joining armies, acting as retinue or - worse still - being mercs.

Maybe one of these 2 other LOTR mods will have Ents in? But the Fourth Age is the dominion of men.

So these are the reasons for not including such things - when we say nothing is from the movies we mean that we are not using any of the copyrighted visual or audio material.

We have no plans and see no reason to create a Third Age mod, especially when 2 are in existence and finishing what we are presently working on will be hard enough to complete let alone starting another project.
    Is there an edition of LotR: Total War that will work with RTW 1.5?
    I don't really want to go back to v1.2.

Soon I think...